To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

Why weren't we consulted of the changes like other clubs?

Why has your communication on this issue been non existant?

Why do you think zeroing points half way through the season will bring fans back to football?

Why do the SPL continue to ignore the fans that are the lifeblood of this game with regards to SPL reconstruction?

Whatever happened to ".....following the spirit of the model you are trying to create?"

The decision you have made today is extremely damaging to Motherwell Football Club and Scottish Football as a whole. In my opinon you have really weakened the appeal of the Well Society and have missed a great opportunity in promoting this idea. Do you have anything to say to me and many other fans out there who are extremely disappointed by the decision you have taken today to support this shambolic 12-12-18 proposal?

Fell free to add some more of your own.

• Like 8

It beggars belief that the club have waved this through without any attempt at consultation, no matter how cosmetic the exercise may have been in reality. This is from the Summer, the clubs view before the "Newco" vote:

It is our view that in the face of this we will be best placed if we live by the spirit of the model we are seeking to achieve. We believe it is mission critical that we both listen, and are seen to have listened, to the views of our members and shareholders on whom our club relies now and for the future. Under all scenarios we need to come together as a club to see this situation through.

We will therefore hold a ballot of adult 'Well Society Members and the small number of existing minority shareholders who have yet to join the society, on a 'one member/shareholder-one vote' basis. The results of the ballot will be independently audited and will be used to determine which way the club votes on 4th July.

Ownership in any business has to mean making decisions and then dealing with the outcome. The timing for administering a ballot is not ideal, given the constraints we face but we believe it can be achieved and underpins the way we want our club to be run. Given that Society members have already parted with their cash with the purpose of having a say in the future running of the club, we believe using this group is the most practical and sustainable way for us to proceed.

And the first point from the "Steelmen Forever" page on the website:

SteelmenForeverlogo435.png

honesty1.jpg

We have worked exceptionally hard over the last few years to improve club / supporter relations and, to a large extent; we believe we have managed that. But we will continue to make the club as open and the people who run it more accessible through various channels such as the 'Well Society, the Supporters Advisory Committee, Fan Forums, our own media outlets and other affiliated fan organisations.

It's easy to pay lip service to "fan ownership" to help with the overdraft, but quite another thing to carry it through when you might not get the answer you are looking for.

• Like 2

As someone who is not yet a member of the well society, the fact the fans, who are supposed to own the club have not been consulted on a matter that affects them has totally put me off becoming a member, which I had been considering.

I'm glad I held off now.

I'll wait to hear about any actual votes that have (or have not) taken place before I pass judgement.

However, the point of the Well Society is to build up membership so that we don't need to be consulted - because we will then be running the club. If it turns out decisions were made behind the scenes then, for me, that makes it even more important to increase the membership as quickly as possible and have those shares transferred as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

Given what was written in the 'well society newsletter today/yesterday about todays vote, and also the comments in the last few days from St Mirren and Dundee United, Im inclined to think/hope there may be a degree of misreporting about what has actually went down today.

A club statement would be nice, if the BBC, SSN etc are not reporting accurately.

I've been finding it hard to justify paying the money that i do to continue going to games and to be honest in recent seasons it has became more of a labour of love more than anything, and my attendance has been dwindling.

This decision (if ratified, and you can bet that it will be!) has pretty much just killed it for me, what an absolute dirty great big kick in the baws for the paying customer.

• Like 2

I'll wait to hear about any actual votes that have (or have not) taken place before I pass judgement.

However, the point of the Well Society is to build up membership so that we don't need to be consulted - because we will then be running the club. If it turns out decisions were made behind the scenes then, for me, that makes it even more important to increase the membership as quickly as possible and have those shares transferred as quickly as possible.

Fair enough, but when its people like me, who can't really afford to hand out money right left and center, I would be mighty pissed off to pay my membership then find out that the clubs been full of it.

I am a student, so paying for membership on top of a season ticket, is a hell of a big deal.

I'm not sure reading the reports if 12-12-18 has been agreed, or they have agreed to a change. The reports suggest that specific model has been agreed, but I'm hoping they have jumped the gun, and they have agreed to look into the options, as opposed to steaming ahead.

Someone had posted a response from Leann Dempster saying when a decision was to be made the fans would be consulted through the 'well society, but at that point they had only agreed to look into the options, not on the exact model.

Here is a quote from BBC sport website:

"The clubs were united in their view about the need for change," said SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster.

"I firmly believe that any change can only come from consensus and there's one consensus model for change going forward.

"The SPL clubs have been clear today that they, in principle back this being taken to the next stage."

I'm not sure reading the reports if 12-12-18 has been agreed, or they have agreed to a change. The reports suggest that specific model has been agreed, but I'm hoping they have jumped the gun, and they have agreed to look into the options, as opposed to steaming ahead.

Well here's hoping! Maybe i'm getting cynical but im fairly certain we'll see the same old pish going forward.

Prove me wrong Scottish fitba, please.

I would also like to add that I don't expect a vote on every issue in the running of the club, however this is a major issue for the future of Scottish football and indeed Motherwell football Club so I think we should have at least been consulted.

I agree. But for now, apart from a news report that claimed all SPL clubs "backed" the new changes, I have no evidence one way or the other that we are to be consulted on the proposals prior to an actual vote.

The message to Society members today was clear and unambiguous. The Club will convey the content of today's meeting to the Society BEFORE any final decision is taken. Earlier reports from Doncaster about this meeting were very inflammatory and he basically threatened St Mirren and Ross County about wavering!! Today's meeting was to offer further explanation and not to reach a conclusion. It looks as if he is at it again with the bully boy tactics!

If we have agreed to 8-8-8 i won't be getting a season ticket unless they restructure the package to reflect the uncertainty in the fixture list.

At the moment it looks like the well society has been set up to fund dempster, wilson etc running the club without putting in their own money rather than democratising the club. We need to hear from the society board on this. The society board needs to assert the interest of the members.

• Like 1

It would be a first if anyone on the board at our club particularly our Chief Executive really cared about what the fans wanted, sadly with the way things are nowadays this is just a sign of things to come. Sad days for Scottish Football!

I take it you weren't around for the Sevco discussions?

Club Statement

Today both Leeann Dempster and Derek Weir attended a Scottish Premier League (SPL) General meeting where the main agenda item was League Reconstruction and the future of the professional game in Scotland.

The clubs were presented with more details and were able to debate and discuss the options as they stand.

It was agreed by all clubs that that the SPL Executive has the authority take discussions to the next level with our colleagues in the Scottish Football League (SFL) who are meeting separately on Thursday.

There was no formal vote today however as a club, we indicated our support to the SPL Executive to progress discussions with the SFL.

It is now our intention to share what we heard today with our supporters so we can have the same discussion and outline why it is our view this is the best option for the game at this time.

Today we will contact the board directors of the ‘Well Society with a view to arranging a members meeting for an evening this week, specifically on the topic of league reconstruction, so we can share with our fellow ‘Well Society members what we have been presented with to date

Right I take the bit about consultation back but the club need to have a serious word with Neil Doncaster.

The rest stil of my post still stands.

If we have more members in the Well Society then it will strengthen the case you put forward which I am sure many of us share. Shouting about it from the outside and spreading misinformation from dubious sources is not the way forward.

Not sure if your referring to me but if you are then here is my response. If not then accept my apologies.

FYI: I am a member of the Well Society both personally and under the Steelmenoniline banner.

The "misinformation" I was spreading was from Clyde 1 who reported the headline "SPL Clubs Agree Unanimously to a 12-12-18 Structure" and which stated that the clubs have now passed it over to discussion between SFL clubs who will meet on Thursday". So that was my source.

They have just repeated it in the 1700 news. There will be a sports round up at 1730 so tune in.

The club have already approved the plan moving forward

If the SFL Clubs accept it, then its only a paper exercise for it to happen

Looks like the fans of SPL clubs who are opposed to the proposal will again have to rely on SFL clubs to oppose it, and then our clubs can again backtrack and make out they listened to fans

Not sure if your referring to me but if you are then here is my response. If not then accept my apologies.

FYI: I am a member of the Well Society both personally and under the Steelmenoniline banner.

The "misinformation" I was spreading was from Clyde 1 who reported the headline "SPL Clubs Agree Unanimously to a 12-12-18 Structure" and which stated that the clubs have now passed it over to discussion between SFL clubs who will meet on Thursday". So that was my source.

They have just repeated it in the 1700 news. There will be a sports round up at 1730 so tune in.

So confirmed - it was from a dubious source evilgrin.gif

Think some on here are, as always, getting carried away with themselves. Nethertonwell you are normally very calm posting on here and don't normally resort to emotional posts but I sense a lot of emotion in your post, nothing wrong with that per se. However, the club has made an official statement that they will consult with Well Society members as they said they would do all along. They favour the system none of the fans do and it is up to them to sell this to the members. It is then down to the members having heard the clubs reasons to then and not before, make a judgement on the benefits and weaknesses of the system that the club favour. So please, give them a break, listen to what they have to say and then make a reasoned debate and comment then.

I know a lot of people have invested a lot of hard earned cash they couldn't really afford into the club they love and feel let down if they thought the club was making monumental decisions regarding the clubs future without consultation, but that's not happened, jumping the gun a wee bit and we need to count to ten and take a deep breath.

We are too quick on here to start berating the club when we get spurious info from sources without the benefit of an official club source etc. Lets not get involved in digs at the club and its directors without the full details which will be forthcoming from the club in due course. Patience folks, calm down.

• Like 2

Think some on here are, as always, getting carried away with themselves. Nethertonwell you are normally very calm posting on here and don't normally resort to emotional posts but I sense a lot of emotion in your post, nothing wrong with that per se. However, the club has made an official statement that they will consult with Well Society members as they said they would do all along. They favour the system none of the fans do and it is up to them to sell this to the members. It is then down to the members having heard the clubs reasons to then and not before, make a judgement on the benefits and weaknesses of the system that the club favour. So please, give them a break, listen to what they have to say and then make a reasoned debate and comment then.

I know a lot of people have invested a lot of hard earned cash they couldn't really afford into the club they love and feel let down if they thought the club was making monumental decisions regarding the clubs future without consultation, but that's not happened, jumping the gun a wee bit and we need to count to ten and take a deep breath.

We are too quick on here to start berating the club when we get spurious info from sources without the benefit of an official club source etc. Lets not get involved in digs at the club and its directors without the full details which will be forthcoming from the club in due course. Patience folks, calm down.

Practically every sports news segmet is carrying this story as "SPL clubs unanimously agree to 12-12-18 structure" and not all of them are "dubious".

I post emotional posts when required and I see this as a required time. Only the start of my post I take back, the rest still stands whether the club are consulting us or not because it states my view on the matter.

This is time for views to be expressed so I have not jumped the gun except for the start of my post.

NWF, If your information source was only radio clyde then you should have checked the facts with another source or at least started your 1st post stating that instead of going off on one. As the meeting was only this morning we really needed to give the club time to release a statement before setting off to FP with pitchforks and torches.

• Like 1