To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

The best way to give other teams a chance of catching Celtic throughout the season is by expanding the league, and only playing a team twice in the season.

This coupled with the point of only visiting a ground once a season has a better chance of getting the punters in the door for both home and away fans.

totally agree could only press the "green" button once, but i would do it all day

im 32 and im bored of going to the same grounds time and time again.........how must someone who is older than me feel??

clearly they are not listening to the fans - i just wish one of the "pundits" / interviewers would question them on it when they spout their shite - put them on the spot and see what they say, but they probably cant do that or they wouldnt get another interview

im 32 and im bored of going to the same grounds time and time again.........how must someone who is older than me feel??

Spot on. Some of the best times I had following the 'Well were when we were dossing around in the First Division. One of the main reasons for that was the novelty of playing different teams and the trips to all the old grounds.

1359468270[/url]' post='372832']

I'm gutted with the date and time for the Well Society meeting as I'm working until half 2. GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED. I really wanted to be there too but I'm sure there will be a good analysis provided on here.

Sorry about that NWF. It's bad for you but good for me. I had to stay overnight at the Moorings after the last meeting because of the difficulty of coming back over the Southern Uplands late at night. Give us all your views. Those who agree will be very happy to take them forward.

The way our league is run is really starting to piss me off big time. Football exists for and because of the fans, not the other way around. The system we have is corrupt and if there has ever been a time to change it then its now. The SPL board should be made up of FAN representatives of each club, who have no financial gain from doing it, have no other position or job within their club and do it for no other reason than for the love of the game.

Get these leitches to fuck.

totally agree could only press the "green" button once, but i would do it all day

Being perfectly honest, been bored with it for years, stopped away games a while back. I go to home games out of habit mostly and want to keep the kids interested but the most important point in keeping going to those home games is, that's where my lifelong friends are every other week, which is why I can't see me really giving up. It's that tie-in which keeps me going back at the end of the day and despite what the arseholes running our game throw at us, that will keep me going still no doubt. What else do you do of a weekend?

Take every opportunity to get it out your system and moan like fuck at those who deserve the pelters mind. They've ruined our game, our pastime, even life in some cases where folk take it just too seriously but all they can see are pound signs. Best get it done with, ruin the game completely, move the likes of Doncaster onto the next balance sheet he needs to pore over and pick up the pieces to retrieve what we can of our once proud game. Scorched Earth policy I think is the term I want.

• Like 4

Being perfectly honest, been bored with it for years, stopped away games a while back. I go to home games out of habit mostly and want to keep the kids interested but the most important point in keeping going to those home games is, that's where my lifelong friends are every other week, which is why I can't see me really giving up. It's that tie-in which keeps me going back at the end of the day and despite what the arseholes running our game throw at us, that will keep me going still no doubt. What else do you do of a weekend?

Take every opportunity to get it out your system and moan like fuck at those who deserve the pelters mind. They've ruined our game, our pastime, even life in some cases where folk take it just too seriously but all they can see are pound signs. Best get it done with, ruin the game completely, move the likes of Doncaster onto the next balance sheet he needs to pore over and pick up the pieces to retrieve what we can of our once proud game. Scorched Earth policy I think is the term I want.

Letter by letter that was exactly what I was going to post. Thanks for saving me the effort bud.

Scorched Earth policy I think is the term I want.

Agree.

Look at ourselves. It took administration, a mass clear out and a huge cutting of the cloth, and look at how we've risen for the better since then.

Clearly not entirely the same, but a touch of proof that a complete cleaning of the decks and a decent fresh start can make a huge difference, not immediately, but in the longer term.

Painful listening from Dempster on the radio tonight.

Do they really think fans don't understand the new setup?

Yes, from top to bottom, they do. Doncaster, Regan, chairmen (and women) country wide.

The game is being run for c***s that watch fitba from an armchair.

In England Sky have thrown obscene amounts of cash at the EPL to fund the transfer market and fuel the grotesque rip off that it is. In Scotland they give us the crumbs, a token gesture that perpetuates the continued hand to mouth existence of the game and results in the absurd tinkering of the fixture schedule.

The punters who turn up week in are being completely fleeced, ignored and disrespected.

We need a single governing body, led by a passionate & positive scottish football fan, who can negotiate a sensible TV deal that does more than pay players and agents - and that may include subsisising gate prices like they do on the continent.

A pipe dream I know - but is any c**t even trying?

That's what is putting me off football more than anything else - the patronising manner with which fans are always treated. It's always the same story and the standard line, instead of trying to engage/explain things, that we don't know how to run a football club. The arrogance never ceases to astound me.

• Like 1

To me the whole thing seems to be pinned on the hope that there will be "meaningful" games that will prove attractive to TV companies.

That's it really.

The rest is simply a means to that end.

Agreed Andy,

However, there's a fundamental that these clowns are forgetting before any of that is looked at.

Full stadiums with atmosphere make for a better schedule. Right now it's like watching non league fitba and the It's a knockout premier league isnt gonna improve the product for the paying customer

Full stadiums with atmosphere make for a better schedule. Right now it's like watching non league fitba and the It's a knockout premier league isnt gonna improve the product for the paying customer

Thats a fair point, last night I watched Exeter v Torquay and the atmosphere looked far better on TV than virtually anything the SPL dishes up. Sad really.

Unfortunately I canny be fucked going, and I'm pissed off that I was gullible enough to take a personal well society membership, contribute to the steelmenonline one and pay to get in to the Dundee game.

I suppose this proves that I am indeed thick and gives people the impression that I couldnt possibly understand the new league proposal.

I also hope Saturday is really uncomfortable for our chief exec

Plus our clubs were made to build stadiums far too big for 95% of the games

Also true.

Unfortunately I canny be fucked going, and I'm pissed off that I was gullible enough to take a personal well society membership, contribute to the steelmenonline one and pay to get in to the Dundee game.

I suppose this proves that I am indeed thick and gives people the impression that I couldnt possibly understand the new league proposal.

I also hope Saturday is really uncomfortable for our chief exec

Here's a few of my alternative proposals for anyone attending:

Single overseeing body (without won't include Doncaster) that represents fans

16 team top tier

Equitable split of TV money

50/50 gate receipts for cup ties

4 week break in January

3pm Saturday or 7:30pm Midweek kickoffs

Terracing

Cap on gate prices

And if the financials mean that short term we operate at First Division level, then so be it.

Maybe someone raising this point as I won't make it on Saturday;

Why do the board feel that this is the only alternative available to the National Game in this Country?

A similar system was attempted and spectacularly failed in Austria. A Country of almost 9 million, a Country that is one of the richest in the World, A Country that was not entering a triple dip recession, a Country with a decent TV deal, A Country that has not seen fans walk away in their droves for the last 20 years and one that has a more thoroughly spread demographic of football supporters. Why would we then try to implement something that is absolutely guaranteed to fail?

The proposal will drive more and more fans away from the game, something all Clubs in Scotland can ill-afford at this time. Is this proposal solely designed to entertain and cater to the needs of arm chair fans? As it is against the will of probably 95% of those who pay to watch football in their respective stadia.

If the Clubs of Scotland get this wrong, they will have all but killed professional football in this Country.

• Like 1

16 team top tier

4 week break in January

Terracing

Cap on gate prices

And if the financials mean that short term we operate at First Division level, then so be it.

I agree with this. For far far too long decisions are based on 'what will help us this year and next'. There has to come a point where scottish football starts to think long term. Most things are nonsense that are spoken by the so called experts. The reality is most fans want to pay a fair price at the gate and quality could be reduced if we are seeing 11 guys trying their hardest for the jersey. If its affordable and people see end to end football against different teams then people will come back. I know cheap tickets have been tried but it must be done for a period of time(a season or 2) to let people get a chance to come along, catch the bug and make it habit to watch football on a saturday at 3pm

Also true.

16 team top tier

4 week break in January

Terracing

Cap on gate prices

Problem is if all kick offs are 3pm Sat & 7.30 midweek there won't be any TV money to split.

Would be happy with a 16 team top tier but would prefer 2 18s with 2 up, 2 down & a playoff scenario, possibly 15 & 16 from top div & 3 & 4 from 2nd playing for place in prem.

Would also like to see the introduction of a pyramid system.

Trying to keep an open mind for time being & hoping the board will be open & honest as to why they see this 12-12-18 thing as the best option at this time as it does seem pretty crazy.

Problem is if all kick offs are 3pm Sat & 7.30 midweek there won't be any TV money to split.

Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe we just go back to the days of league highlights and the odd Cup Game live. Maybe we offer one 7:30pm midweek game as live each week. There is some ground to give, but I'm more interested in getting people back to the game.

If we aren't going to get shafted by TV companies, this has to be the starting point.

• Like 1

Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe we just go back to the days of league highlights and the odd Cup Game live. Maybe we offer one 7:30pm midweek game as live each week. There is some ground to give, but I'm more interested in getting people back to the game.

If we aren't going to get shafted by TV companies, this has to be the starting point.

Just about all your suggestions get my agreement, 50/50 split of all games being the only difference, not just cup ties as it's that just now. I would tell Celtic & Rangers to get to fuck now, and take their TV lapdogs with them. It's down to them we're all so reliant on TV money whereas that money was meant to safeguard the future of the game. All that's happened is greedy bastard players and agents inflated their demands the minute the deals were signed over and above the level of new income meaning prices had to then go up to cover the excess instead of the additional revenue helping to keep fans costs down.

Our wage bill should be covered by season ticket and gate money, our own advertising revenue and sponsorship monies, if that means the whole squad walks out the door I do not give a flying fuck, I'll watch the laddies for the next 3 or 4 years as they take the chance to make a name for themselves. We are already partway down the road after administration so we'll be in better shape than most if that scenario ever happened, which I very much doubt but I seriously could not give a toss if it all goes tits up due to continued mismanagement of our game at the highest level. In fact I think the game deserves it for allowing clowns like Doncaster & Regan anywhere near their positions.

• Like 3

Totally agree Matt. Its time we hunted the whole lot of them and take our game back for the fans. Outside of the old firm no one much cares about SPL anyway or we wouldn't be televising certain 3rd division games. Give us meaningful games at decent times with fair costs and lets see if our game still has the support of the masses.