To The Board At Motherwell Football Club

nethertonwellfan

Not really. If you know that 2nd last is going to a play off when the season begins then you can't complain if you end up in one.

No, but you still can complain that what is supposed to be a league competition is effectively being settled by a cup tie, which is all a bit incongruous whether or not you know in advance that it's going to happen.

I think it depends the way you look at it and what sort of play off you are talking about.

One up one down in a 12 team league is a bit of a closed shop. If you were saying 2nd bottom SPL plays 2nd top SFL1 I think thats fair enough.

Personally I think 16 team league with bottom automatic relegation/top SFL1 automatic promotion and 2nd/3rd bottom going into play offs with 2nd and 3rd in SFL1 would work.

Not a fan of the english set up where 6th can get promoted instead of 3rd regardless of the points difference. Doesnt seem sporting.

Same really with 8x8x8 which theoretically could see no promotion / relegation ever. I know it is maybe unlikely but makes it possible. Thats not sport.

From an exiled dosser.... :whistling:

Don't care for playoffs myself either, performing for 38 games to enter a one off? no thanks.

You can put away the pointy sticks girls, what I'm suggesting is that an opinion from across the pond, (or indeed the Highlands for that matter, thank you Buxe), will prove to be inconsequential. Local voices aint being taken into account, what chance one 1000's of miles away !!!

• Like 1

You can put away the pointy sticks girls, what I'm suggesting is that an opinion from across the pond, (or indeed the Highlands for that matter, thank you Buxe), will prove to be inconsequential. Local voices aint being taken into account, what chance one 1000's of miles away !!!

Ah, got ye big man.

Hopefully being a Well Society member will help influence some of the decisions, but not this one, it seems.

Ah, got ye big man.

Hopefully being a Well Society member will help influence some of the decisions, but not this one, it seems.

Someone correct me I'm wrong please, but I kinda got the feeling the majority of Well Society members who heard the presentation were swayed by the Club's words.

Someone correct me I'm wrong please, but I kinda got the feeling the majority of Well Society members who heard the presentation were swayed by the Club's words.

Is that maybe because like the handful of people who went to the open forum they were given more detail around this situation and felt able to make an informed decision?

Is that maybe because like the handful of people who went to the open forum they were given more detail around this situation and felt able to make an informed decision?

That, plus (as it was relayed to me) 11-1 voting was getting dumped so even when Sevco returned we could no longer be held hostage to the OF's whims.

If that is no longer the case, then it's an absolute deal breaker for me.

If you really believe being a member of the Well Society is going to allow you to influence any decisions, I've got some magic beans here you might like to purchase.

It almost certainly changed their "Sevco-into-the-SPL" vote as all the noise coming from the Board prior to that was heavily biased towards a "Yes".

Regardless, I'm not expecting miracles at this stage, but I'd expect more influence when the Society picks up more shares.

Baby steps.

For me I don't care either way, the main thing is you know what you are playing for bfore the season begins. So regardless of league or play offs as long as you know the rules then I'm ok either way. However one thing for me with the split as it is just now is that there are no defined rules, so its in the bapance how many home games you get and against who.

As for the current situation, for me it should not be about re construction but more about

1. One soccer body

2. Even distribution of money

3. Sort the voting structure

I don't think that tinkering with the league structure wil solve any problems but if they want to have a go at it again I do not see the need to rush it so stay as we are for next season and fix a few other things while we all determine if league reconstruction is the way to go or not. Personally i belive not.

I don't think 12-12-18 is as bad as once feared. The fact of the matter is we don't have enough decent teams for a larger league right now; we might have to put up with having to play a handful of teams 4 times a season until we can expand thanks to the fairer distribution of wealth. Who knows, it might even be a great new format in the meantime. Regardless, clubs can't currently afford to play 6-8 less matches per season.

We're also at last going to have a single governing body, something the Scottish game has been in dire need of for years; we shouldn't be sniffing at an opportunity to change this.

The main concern is the voting structure, but does it really matter? Not everything is 11-1, and what are people worried about happening under this system? There's enough change under these proposals to keep us going for a while.

Even if Rangers are back in the top flight in a few years time, what are they (along with Celtic) going to be able to do under this voting structure that we're supposed to be worried about?

I'm not hugely positive about the reconstruction but there are so many positives with few real negatives in the package being proposed; the clubs seem to genuinely be putting Scottish football first. We're all so keen to talk down the game and bemoan everything that's wrong with the current setup, maybe it's time for a change.

I don't think 12-12-18 is as bad as once feared. The fact of the matter is we don't have enough decent teams for a larger league right now; we might have to put up with having to play a handful of teams 4 times a season until we can expand thanks to the fairer distribution of wealth. Who knows, it might even be a great new format in the meantime. Regardless, clubs can't currently afford to play 6-8 less matches per season.

We're also at last going to have a single governing body, something the Scottish game has been in dire need of for years; we shouldn't be sniffing at an opportunity to change this.

The main concern is the voting structure, but does it really matter? Not everything is 11-1, and what are people worried about happening under this system? There's enough change under these proposals to keep us going for a while.

Even if Rangers are back in the top flight in a few years time, what are they (along with Celtic) going to be able to do under this voting structure that we're supposed to be worried about?

I'm not hugely positive about the reconstruction but there are so many positives with few real negatives in the package being proposed; the clubs seem to genuinely be putting Scottish football first. We're all so keen to talk down the game and bemoan everything that's wrong with the current setup, maybe it's time for a change.

It's not what they are able do it's about what they can stop the other clubs doing ie fairer distribution of money etc that may come up in the future.

The voting structure is the one thing that bothers me but if we get a fairer distribution of cash now that we are happy with then I'm happy with that.

It's more to do with future changes ie 14 or 16 team leagues being blocked that bothers me but to be truthful, if the vote was 9 - 3, would expansion be voted through or would two other teams side with the OF and block it anyway?

The only one I can see being on the table in the future is 14 with a 6-8 split.

Whether we like it or not, the SPL will always be set up to have 4 old firm games. Any post split fixtures will be worked round when they play each other (not that I'm complaining, but when were 1st place ever sent away to 2nd place for a 3rd time post split!!!)

It's not what they are able do it's about what they can stop the other clubs doing ie fairer distribution of money etc that may come up in the future.

It's probably not going to get any fairer than the proposed set up though. Anyway, it's all fucked now. We've still got 11-1 along with all the other crap we really need rid of.