Kilmarnock V Motherwell

gunn

Be aware NO Pay At The Gate tomorrow have to go to their ticket office first!

Girl at the ticket office said that its because they are trying to phase in their new ticket system.

Not sure what benefit that provides given you still have to hand your ticket to a person on the gate?

Maybe Squirelhumper is right....

Killie started the better of the two. Got in front by virtue of a lucky deflection off Hammel. Since the we have been the better team and missed a raft of chances. Hope we are not going to regret it.

Pretty much dominated possession and played the better football all day. However our finishing and composure in the last third left a lot to be desired. Killie defended very well but if you dont take your chances thats what can happen. Terrible indiscipline from Kerr but even moreso from Lasley who should know better. He was in line for my MoM up until then. Should never have lost that game.

Big shout to the Well Bois again. They are enhancing my enjoyment of the fitba no end. Keep the new songs coming boys. First class.

What a frustrating afternoon. From killie going 1 up we completely dominated the game, until they got the 2nd on a breakaway, then we lost the place.

A few things that didn't please me today:

Humphrey looked completely disinterested for most of the match?

What's with the lopsided formation with a right winger, three in the middle and a gaping hole on the left?

Hately was clearly struggling long before he came off, if he's injured, he needs to go off!

Disappointed in the loss if discipline at the end, particularly from our captain (who had a good game to that point).

that formation is terrible and caused the first goal as the killie fullback had all day to cross the ball. we weren't much better on our right as humphrey was garbage and lazy.

we had plenty of pressure but no goals. humphrey has 1 goal in 27 games this season. ojamaa has 2 in 32. higdon's not going to score every week so the pair of them either need to get their act together in front of goal or step aside

we look like a poorly coached team. usually this season it has been panicking while holding a lead and today it was players losing the plot. mccall seems easy come, easy go and i don't get the impression he'll boot balls for our problems today or work on how we hold leads. we repeat the same mistakes all the time.

• Like 1

Had it been away from home you might argue that would have been an almost perfect away game display from Killie. Sneak an early goal, get hemmed in your own box for next three quarters of an hour, break up the park and pop in a second completely against the run of play then sit back and smirk as your opponents spontaneously combust!

It was as slow start as might be expected with the lay-off and whilst Killie had strongly there was obviously a huge amount of fortune in their goal. Good response though and we went on to completely dominate. Only some backs-to-the-wall defending, poor finishing and further misfortune prevented us going in at least level.

Not so fluent in the second half. Wrong choices made in the final third of the park in particular blunted our effectiveness but still a kick in the baws to go 2-0 down. Fair play to Killie with the second though, a perfectly constructed and executed counter.

McCall went for it but you just never felt a Hibs or Killie style comeback was ever going to happen. Liked the look of Higginbotham when he got on the ball but at times it almost felt like there were too many options up front and nobody quite knew what was the best method of using them to take the game to Killie.

The Kerr sending off killed it completely. Miles late and no complaints with it. Lasley's I'll need to see again. First reaction was that it should have been a yellow - and I began bemoaning the fact that his earlier booking was unfortunate - so it was a little surprising to see a straight red produced. McCall seemed to suggest it was fully merited after the game though so there's every chance I'm off the mark.

So a frustrating one all in all. Certainly felt we deserved better and an opportunity lost perhaps with ICT losing.

Next week is going to be a big one and won't made any easier with the loss of Lasley.

We took five to ten minutes to get into the game and shake off the rustiness, our ball retention in these early minutes was absolutely appalling. But we grew into the game and were already showing signs of being the dominant force when Killie scored. Maybe just me but I thought the ball was in front of Hammell took a funny bobble and in trying to get out the way of it turned it in. One of these shit goals that happen and make you wonder that it is not going to be your day.

By half time we should have been home and hosed, to still be 1-0 down was a remarkable feat in bad finishing, good goalkeeping and rotten luck.

In the second half Kilmarnock had realised that another half like the first would mean only one thing and it would be three points coming back to Lanarkshire with us. But they defended a bit more in numbers and forced us wide more and Humprhey was on the ball but he just couldn't get into the game. He had a very disappointing second half.

McCall, as he has done more and more, made some positive changes bringing on McHugh for Ramsden and just as we were going to try and turn the screw we conceded the second. That must be the longest goal celebration ever by the way.

Then came the idiocy. Two moronic red cards and why some of our fans were applauding such poor behaviour from our players baffles me. THese guys had just let themselves, the club and us down and go off to a hero's reception.

Whilst he got the two red cards right, Steven McLean was absolutely awful today. Decisions both ways that were just baffling and the length of time he took to give the hand ball against Higginbotham was staggering.

• Like 1