Kilmarnock V Motherwell

gunn

can't beleive we lost that we dominated until the turning point in the game - subbing carswell off for higginbotham

lasley missed two sitters about 6 yards out from crosses that he skied and higdon missed a similar effort as well. All three should have been goals plus we had another 3 or 4 chances cleared off the line and ojaama got himself into a few decent positions but was wild with the finishing. Whereas killie got lucky with their deflected goal.

but when we made that sub it ruined any shape and momentum we had and we never looked like scoring after that. Killie also finally managed to start keeping the ball and they finished the better team. If I was bob mchugh or ZFA i'd be raging that a loanee got on ahead of them first when in the last few games where we've had to make a comebacks the two of them played a huge part in said comebacks.

Somebody has to tell humphrey to go to the byeline and cross the ball he's far more effective when he does that imo

I thought kerr's sending off was harsh but we are miles away from it so would need to see it again but lasley's tackle was plain stupid he can have no complaints

Somebody has to tell humphrey to go to the byeline and cross the ball he's far more effective when he does that imo

I thought Humphrey looked completely disinterested yesterday, was a complete passenger 90% of the game. He seems to have no football brain at all, and doesn't know when to use his only real attribute, his pace.

I'm not normally one for slating him, but his apparent lack of effort/interest annoyed me yesterday! I don't mind someone being mediocre, but I at least want to see them give their all.

Not defending Humphries poor performance yesterday but noticed he is back wearing the blue tape on the back of his hammy's. Anyone no what the issue is with that? Seem to recall last season he did the same and his form was shocking. Totally accept he blows hot and cold a lot of the time but the amount of times he had half the pitch to run into behind the full back yesterday and chose not to was shocking.

• Like 1

If he's injured, play Daley, higginbotham or ojamma in his position!

Same applies to hately, he had been struggling for 10-15 mins before he got subbed, if he's injured get him off! (He needs to play next week now mind you with Kerr suspended)

I like him, but I don't think we'd miss him greatly if he sat out a game or 2? How many of his corners or free kicks lead to goals? His free kick yesterday was woeful, maybe mix it up a bit and let hammell take some set pieces.

Humphrey does seem to have a problem with tight hamstrings or something, as he often had to stretch after a sprint, seen him do it quite a lot at east stand side.

Having said all that, we could have easily been. 2 or 3-1 up at halftime and won comfortably yesterday!

Just slightly frustrating that no matter how bad they play, or how far short of full fitness they are, both these guys appear undroppable.

Humph always has that tape on

Does he?

Ive noticed him wear it a fair bit but couldnt have told you it was all the time. Maybe it was just more noticeable yesterday.

I dont agree with those that question Hateley's effort but his form has been unquestionably poorer this season. Dont think it would do any harm to take some of the dead ball responsibilities away from him. The freekick in front of goal in the 2nd half was screaming out for Hammell yesterday.

Injuries and poor form aside, we should still have romped that yesterday on chances created. Very frustrating.

1360498279[/url]' post='373583']

I thought Humphrey looked completely disinterested yesterday, was a complete passenger 90% of the game. He seems to have no football brain at all, and doesn't know when to use his only real attribute, his pace.

I'm not normally one for slating him, but his apparent lack of effort/interest annoyed me yesterday! I don't mind someone being mediocre, but I at least want to see them give their all.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but this sounds nothing like the Humphrey I've been watching this season. He has been generally excellent and much more composed and game aware than in previous seasons. Also never a player i would call disinterested. Was he getting service out wide?

He wasnt really making himself available for a pass, only once I can recall made an early run.

Back to his old trick of back to goal, wanting the ball in to his feet, instead if making a run for a ball in behind. Did that once in 1st half and that was it.

Normally a Humphrey fan, but didn't look right yesterday, either not 100% fit, or wasnt interested?

• Like 1

I agree. Humphrey has been much better this season than last but yesterday he wasnt at the races. More so second half.

Time and again Hateley got the ball and I wouldve expected Humphrey to hit the space behind the fullback (there were acres of it) it would gave given Hateley the option of the ball over the top or at the very least committed the full back to covering Humphrey allowing Hately to come forward. Too many times he just stood waiting for it.

Hopefully he isnt carrying an injury, because on form he is a very important player for us. If he is, get him rested and allow him the chance to recover for the run in.

Having watched the highlights.....where are the sitters people have been talking about? A lack of composure or failing to get proper connection maybe, but hardly open goals.

Kerrs red card. A bit of a mad swing but looked worse than it was. Yellow would've done.

Lasleys red card. Aye it was, and it was a fucking stupid tackle to make. Remember refs are like the polis. Dying to do you for an easy offence so don't give them the opportunity. Ref's eyes lit up when he got the chance to flash another red and Lasley made it easy for him. That said, would Scott Brown or McCulloch got a red straight red for that?...

Thought Randolph could've done better with their 2nd goal. Powder puff header from the penalty spot out and seemed to go through him.

Highlights didn't show any evidence of the great play McCall was talking about so I'll need to take his word for it that he was happy with everything else. Pals who were at the game really only mentioned under performing Hateley and Humphrey being passengers. But that was right after the game and they were a bit pissed off.

Massive missed opportunity to go clear in 2nd and league is now even tighter than before, with United now looking good for going on a good run with their new manager (another reason not to have moved the game from Wednesday to Tuesday!!).

Could finish anywhere between 2nd and 9th I reckon!

Massive game next week and don't have Lasley now.

• Like 1

Lasleys red card. Aye it was, and it was a fucking stupid tackle to make. Remember refs are like the polis. Dying to do you for an easy offence so don't give them the opportunity. Ref's eyes lit up when he got the chance to flash another red and Lasley made it easy for him. That said, would Scott Brown or McCulloch got a red straight red for that?...

Don't know whether to laugh.gif or facepalm.gif

I did not make the game on Saturday, just saw the highlights this morning...how the feck did we lose that game !!! :doh: the number of chances we missed was ridiculous, it should have been game over by half time. As for the red cards Kerr and Lasley can have no complaints, both deserved to go.

At the end of the day, we didnt finnish the chances, simple as that, we cant play the blame game on any of the players, they lost as a team, but created plenty of chances to win by a country mile.

How we can even start to blame one or two players is beyond me, they have put in plenty of effort throughout the season (including the out of contract players) surely a player coming to the end of his contract will try harder in order to win another one, with the club or elsewhere.

I dont buy this idea, players like Hateley, Humphrey arent trying.

It was just one of those games, that if chances were taken we would of won by at least 3/4 goals.

Thought they were both fine in the first half, they found it harder to get involved in the 2nd half because Kilmarnock surrounded them like flies round a crap and we didn't have the guile to switch the play elsewhere. Sure the two of them were just as frustrated as the rest it wasn't happening. A lot of credit to our quiet second half display needs to go to Kilmarnock who defended much more cleverly and denying us space, rather than a huge criticism to the Motherwell players. That tactic along with the slowing the game down to walking pace when it was 2-0 was what made for the mental tackles borne out of sheer frustration at the end.

At the end of the day, we didnt finnish the chances, simple as that, we cant play the blame game on any of the players, they lost as a team, but created plenty of chances to win by a country mile.

How we can even start to blame one or two players is beyond me, they have put in plenty of effort throughout the season (including the out of contract players) surely a player coming to the end of his contract will try harder in order to win another one, with the club or elsewhere.

It was just one of those games, that if chances were taken we would of won by at least 3/4 goals.

Agreed. The amount of folk screaming at Humphrey to simply "run" was embarassing. Folk seem to think its just as simple as him running past the defender and hateley playing the ball over into his path. And also didn't think Hateley was that bad. He seems to take on a bit of responsibility and try to do something decent rather than hide or just play a long ball so i think that'll make him stand out if he does something wrong.

Out of interest, who do people think is a better full back, Hateley or Hammell?