Spl Reconstruction

Griffin

In fairness I believe the answer was they did not have the resources to do so at present but it was something that they would look at and aim to do in the future, this is an issue that has been raised at the last 2 WS meetings.

The compromise was to have major points tweeted throughout the meeting.

In fairness, I raised this issue months ago when the Well Society was being formed and no action was taken. They made a big deal about all the overseas members they were attracting and were actively pursuing ex-pats for their cash, but have done nothing to make sure they can participate. I didn't even receive ballot papers for the Sevco vote.

I'm on twitter and follow both the club and the Well Society. There was scant information tweeted on either. And how difficult would it be to distribute the presentation during or even after the meeting?

In the 21st century it's really easy to set up a conference call facility - some are even free and given that I raised the problem prior to the first Society meeting (almost 1 year ago!), there has been plenty of time to sort out the basics.

• Like 3

Hopefully that is one of the aims of their recent addition of a Google+ account. The hangout function is a winner. I use it all the time to stay in touch with folks back home instead of the phone.

That would require internet, which I was told wasn't available to the club at the last meeting!

That would require internet, which I was told wasn't available to the club at the last meeting!

Also, you can only have 10 folk max on a hangout, which may not be enough. Plus, I just hate video chat :)

However, something like uStream, where we could watch the presentation and ask questions via the chat box, would be more than adequate. (Assuming internet became available...)