Who's Making The Top Six?

Stu

To be honest, although the last few matches have been pretty poor in terms of points return, Its not a bad time to get your poor run out of the way, Hopefully get something from Celtic, if not the next match.

Every team will have there poor run of form, Celtic have prob had theres already, and im sure most other teams in and around the top 8 clubs will have them.

Could all change on one game.

Motherwell will finnish top 3..

Behind Celtic,Inverness.

The rest is a wild guess!

seems you are suffering from taking single games in isolation Special, like a few others

I can only comment on what I see Iain, and believe I have every right to do so whither I go every week or not. The result was inconsequential. It was 3-0 but could so easily have been 6-0. I saw players in C & A with little desire for the game. We barely won a 50-50 challenge, and when we had the ball we either didn't know what to do with it or got rid of it as quick as pssible.

I have the utmost respect for those that continue to follow Motherwell, beit week-in week-out or whatever. However, there is no dressing up of yesterday's performance, and should this continue then Top-6 is a pipedream.

• Like 1

One of our main problems is that we don't have a particularly good squad, both in quality and in quantity, and nor do we have a manager who has the tactical awareness to set us up to be difficult to beat or adapt to playing against sides who can defend in numbers and counter at pace. We've been very fortunate over the past few years that we've had guys like Higdon and Sutton to get important goals at important times during matches on a regular basis with others like Murphy and Ojamaa also chipping in at important moments too along the way. Last season we had Jennings to carry our midfield while Higdon got the goals, now Jennings is away we've had to rely on Law to take on this sort of role and when he doesn't play, our midfield don't play and when Higdon doesn't score, we don't score.

I can only comment on what I see Iain, and believe I have every right to do so whither I go every week or not. The result was inconsequential. It was 3-0 but could so easily have been 6-0. I saw players in C & A with little desire for the game. We barely won a 50-50 challenge, and when we had the ball we either didn't know what to do with it or got rid of it as quick as pssible.

I have the utmost respect for those that continue to follow Motherwell, beit week-in week-out or whatever. However, there is no dressing up of yesterday's performance, and should this continue then Top-6 is a pipedream.

My comment is nothing to do with fans going a couple of times a season or every game

or anyones right to comment,

its just a response, to the reaction from some, that as bad as it was, that yesterdays game is a measure of the season and or the teams capability

only a week ago you said:

Great result, (just watched it on Alba), great 3 pts, and a damn fine performance - Well done Stu and the boys :thumbup:

if I could be bothered I go back and look at the reactions to when the same players came from behind to win in the six or seven games and showed commitment that some seem to think they've never shown.

Yes I believe it was truly awful yesterday yes be critical of it as it was so bad, but I was only responding to try and temper the usual over reaction that stems from a few bad games into declaring the whole season as a disgrace

a season we all entered into fully aware that administration and drastic squad cuts was a threat

If someone like yourself whos been through hell of a lot worse than not cruising into second spot with Motherwell, cannot step back and consider it a succesful season to date then modern football truly is cunted.

PS and I only responded to you as you were the last person to bring the doomed line up dozens are guilty of it, its not a dig at you or anyone merely a alternative viewpoint , otherwise we'd only have the outlook of our resident Private James Frazer above :whistling:

• Like 3

I think my comments are fare, and based on what I see. I post credit, where credit's due, (as you quoted), and will be scathing when they deserve it. Fuck nows how/why the team can go from A+ to Z- in the space of a week but they managed it and there's no way I'll be wrapping my comments up in cotton wool for anyone's sake.

My outlook has got sod all to do with our League placing, (for that they get my praise), its about yesterday's performance and where we'll end up if we can't do better........... given how little pts difference there is between 2nd and 9th.

• Like 1

I think my comments are fare, and based on what I see. I post credit, where credit's due, (as you quoted), and will be scathing when they deserve it. Fuck nows how/why the team can go from A+ to Z- in the space of a week but they managed it and there's no way I'll be wrapping my comments up in cotton wool for anyone's sake.

If they prove me wrong, and you know that I hope they do, I'll be the first to admit it.

not expect you to wrap them in cotton wool mate, and know you always praise when you see it

just expect you only to be crtical of what went on not to join in the mass hysteria

but you have to admit, that the comment I originally responded to was far from fare

And in terms of commitment and tactical accumen it's between us and no-one else for Relegation. thankfully we are capable of the odd decent performance/run else we'd be Hamilton bound next season.

we were the best of the rest until last week, and while I in no way expect us to stay there, it was hardly indicitive of being the worst team in the league in terms of commitment and tactical accumen, especially when in context we've destroyed teams and shown commitment to come from behind and win games more than any other side in the league

anyway I'll bow out, as I say wasnt looking for an argument only to temper the doom mongering

• Like 1

.................anyway I'll bow out, as I say wasnt looking for an argument only to temper the doom mongering

Its reasoned debate mate, and you are perfectly entitled to your opinion - and you make a wonderful Temperor in my eyes.

All my comments post 8pm last night are based on me spending close to £100 to watch the 2nd top team in the SPL.

• Like 1

Hey, this could almost be tomorrow nights league table

I think after tonight you are looking at positions below. Hope I am wrong but thats how I see it. it's on a knife edge for these 8 teams could easily be scond or not make the top 6.

Celtic 65

St Johnstone 43

Caley 41

Ross Cty 41

killie 40

Motherwell 40

Dundee Utd 40

hibs 38

aberdeen 37

I think after tonight you are looking at positions below. Hope I am wrong but thats how I see it. it's on a knife edge for these 8 teams could easily be scond or not make the top 6.

Celtic 65

St Johnstone 43

Caley 41

Ross Cty 41

killie 40

Motherwell 40

Dundee Utd 40

hibs 38

aberdeen 37

if you are correct about that table it would mean our final five games pre-split would be against the bottom five teams.

if you are correct about that table it would mean our final five games pre-split would be against the bottom five teams.

I was bored at lunchtime today and was on Statto.com

It has form table and one of the searches you can do is check form against the top and bottom half of the table.

As the table stands just now or results against the bottom half =

wins 4 draws 5 loss 5 = 17 points

which puts us 2nd bottom of the league

Against the top half

wins 7 draws 2 loss 4 = 23 points

which puts us top of the league

So as the table stands just nowwe seem to do better aginst the better teams........ie ICT

Our overall form over the last 6 SPL games would put us 9th in the league taking 6 points out of 18....above St midden,tarts and Dundee

Damned statistics :wallbash:

The way the league is going with everyone cutting each others throats I would say we need two more wins in the five before the split to get in to the top 6.

Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and Dundee United only have 4 games to catch up with us. Saturday's game is massive, if we win that then we are very close to securing the all important top six berth. Then we can concentrate on getting second place.

It really should be us now. We have, in just four days, given ourselves a discernible points cushion between those in mid-table. Of course, the gap can be closed just as quickly as it was created...

I believe our remaining four games before the split are against Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee and St Mirren. Obviously, we want to mathematically secure our top six spot as quickly as possible. However, these games could also be significant in deciding our final league position too. A healthy distance between ourselves and the likes of ICT, Ross County, etc at the time of the split could prove to be insurmountable...

In saying all that, this is Motherwell we're talking about. I'm still not even taking 6th place for granted yet!

the passport is the cheep bit odense iwas deer beer deer flights deer hotels cheep admission but fck it me n ma son were there 4 3 days in out great but £ 1k fucked coud iv went to spain 4 1 week and when we get spainish opp am in fckn florida aaw well ma be next time all go n stay wi texanwell fan can u arrange :cheers:

Top six is sorted. We are 7 points clear of 6th place.

I also think a few more wins and top 3 will be clear too.

Still think it will be a battle between us, ICT and Ross County for third. I would have said Dundee Utd and Hibs, but they are no where near as consistent as the rest of us.

the passport is the cheep bit odense iwas deer beer deer flights deer hotels cheep admission but fck it me n ma son were there 4 3 days in out great but £ 1k fucked coud iv went to spain 4 1 week and when we get spainish opp am in fckn florida aaw well ma be next time all go n stay wi texanwell fan can u arrange :cheers:

You an come stay here anytime! Cheap beer, cheap hotel ( ma house ) , plenty sunshine, and The 'well Live on the telly now and again. Took half day Wednesday and watched Celtic game Live. Great stuff!!

Touching wood here but I think we are certs along with Celtic (obviously!), Ross County, Inverness and St. Johnstone.

That leaves one place.

I think Hibs could drop out. They are in pretty poor form (1 win in the last 12). Aberdeen also seem to be going backwards.

Dundee Utd looked very good against us but don't turn it on enough. Kilmarnock could sneak in as they seem to be hitting a decent patch (only 2 defeats in the last 13) and they have a much better goal difference than Dundee Utd.

Celtic

Motherwell

Ross County

Inverness

St. Johnstone

Kilmarnock

1362319522[/url]' post='375861']

Touching wood here but I think we are certs along with Celtic (obviously!), Ross County, Inverness and St. Johnstone.

That leaves one place.

I think Hibs could drop out. They are in pretty poor form (1 win in the last 12). Aberdeen also seem to be going backwards.

Dundee Utd looked very good against us but don't turn it on enough. Kilmarnock could sneak in as they seem to be hitting a decent patch (only 2 defeats in the last 13) and they have a much better goal difference than Dundee Utd.

Celtic

Motherwell

Ross County

Inverness

St. Johnstone

Kilmarnock

Apart from Celtic, that looks so much like a bottom six! Oh how the times have changed...