Motherwell V Ict

Dazzer

Butcher might have a point.

Could you argue that Motherwell doesn't deserve Motherwell FC as our crowds have been piss poor also? Probably will be a poor crowd tomorrow, despite the fact if we win we go second!

We really all should be more excited than we are at our current standing.

Well we have tried going round the schools offering free child tickets in the hope it woyld drag a few paying adults along, we have tried dropping the prices on selected games which has had a small short term effect and we have tried free child season tickets with every adult one. Probably more but thats just off the top of my head.

All good ideas, but to drive the average attendance up I think it needs to be a more concerted and prolongued effort. Unfortunately Im not sure we have the money or the staff to do it.

The players seem to have a lot of time on their hands (if twitter is to be believed). Why not get them doing roadshows one afternoon a week round ALL the Lanarkshire schools. Meet the kids, do a short training session, hand out some free gifts a some free tickets. If we can save even a small % of them from a life of OF purgatory and get them along to Fir Park surely its worth it.

We need to go well beyond the Motherwell area though. I went to school in Carnwath many years ago, and whilst Motherwell was still my local team there were very few of us in the village. We should be a 'county' club.

There are opportunities out there to grow the support, especially in the south of the county where there are no other clubs to compete with. It will take time and effort though.

• Like 1

We are playing the 2nd top team in the league with the chance to go 2nd but to be honest I'm not feeling much buzz for this one which is odd as the games between the teams have been high scoring affairs and we have a pretty good record against them.

Seems to me the season is just about over already with Celtic running away with the title, no 2nd place Champions League spot and Dundee 100% guaranteed to be relegated.

I tend to be cautious in my expectations but even I would be amazed if we didn't get a Europa Cup place. Where is the excitement coming from?

I go to every match I can and I enjoy the matches once in the stadium but in terms of build up and getting the non die hards along to matches I think it could be bleak for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure that's entirely fair on the club Yoshi. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of lapsed Motherwell fans out there that have either got out of the habit if going to the games regularly, or just can't be arsed anymore.

And if you look at the reasons why they are lapsed fans, most of them will be linked back to the club and the leagues decisions and actions

Football used to be a relatively cheap, habitual event on a regular schedule that other social and family activities could be built around

Adults could meet mates for a few hours every other week and still attend to families other regular schedules

Others could build it in to a day out for the price of a couple of pints

Kids could do all their other social and recreational clubs and still make every game with pocket money

Thousands of people who just wanted a wee break from life for a couple of hours every weekend for some entertainment with some like minded souls

But NO, now even people that spend time every day of their lives thinking/reading/writing about Motherwell can't build a regular schedule around SPL football

It just doesn't fit in with enough people's lives

And then you overcharge them if they do decide to try and attend a few matches

Or you sell them a season ticket and let them rescheduled their lives to suit matches , but change match dates & ko times after they have

As well as the dozens of individual obstacles that get put in the way

You then add in directors and managers saying fans are the ones letting clubs down

And even backing the likes of Doncaster who might be good at commercial contracts, but he has not got the support of paying punters due to his own actions and words

All of it is at best bad PR, and the results are seen week in week out

Edit: likewise ya beezer, I'm just not up for it anymore, its like fatigue, I sat through a presentation that was about relaunching something I love, but all it did was remind me that everything we see as killing our game as a spectator sport, which is the very essence of what I see the word 'club' as meaning after every team name, is secondary to commercial contracts

• Like 2

We are playing the 2nd top team in the league with the chance to go 2nd but to be honest I'm not feeling much buzz for this one which is odd as the games between the teams have been high scoring affairs and we have a pretty good record against them.

Seems to me the season is just about over already with Celtic running away with the title, no 2nd place Champions League spot and Dundee 100% guaranteed to be relegated.

I tend to be cautious in my expectations but even I would be amazed if we didn't get a Europa Cup place. Where is the excitement coming from?

I go to every match I can and I enjoy the matches once in the stadium but in terms of build up and getting the non die hards along to matches I think it could be bleak for the rest of the season.

Totally agree!!

We SHOULD be buzzin about this game.

This forum SHOULD be up to about 10 pages on this thread.

We SHOULD be expecting a massive crowd with Inverness bringing a good following.

BUT

None of the above is happening/will happen and I don't really understand why and it's not just us. I look into other SPL teams forums and its much the same there despite the competitive nature of the league (leaving Celtic out of the equation) A major bout of apathy in the game just now.

I can only hope the game is a belter and the ones who do go get their moneys worth.

I'm much the same to be honest. I haven't been to a game in ages and I've actually not missed it.

Can't believe how apathetic toward today and actually this season I am. With all the shite about Rangers, the league reconstruction, shite national team, pumped out of Europe (twice) with a whimper, pumped out both National cups with a whimper, pishyish home form, talk of losing half our team and no contract offers on the table to them or management, the constant we have no money talk, I actually just want this season to be over to be honest.

But in saying that we could today be 2nd in the league today. Fecking bizarre!!!

• Like 2

1361012630[/url]' post='373821']

That's my view aswell, I too think we'll do enough to finish in a Europa League place, I don't think we'll get second though. However I struggle to get excited about that if I'm honest. Partly because there's a great deal of apathy surrounding the club just now and also because Europe is a level way beyond our reach and we'll just end up embarrassed as we always do, no doubt the club and McCall if he's still here will go out their way to tell us as much before we've even kicked a ball.

This is why our dire Cup performances this season were such a let down. But for a bit of belief, motivation and better management we could still be in both domestic cups right now and that's what rankles the most. The season fell flat the night we whimpered out the Scottish Cup to Aberdeen, a result which was all the more galling when you consider we thumped them 4-1 just two weeks later.

Whatever happens I don think this will be viewed as a poor season, but we could and should have had so much more IMO.

Probably less than 4,000 at the game today.

The heart has been ripped out if Scottish football due to sheer greed. Given our relative success since McGhee arrived, apathy has probably set in more at Motherwell than some of our SPL counterparts.

For years, I dreamed of seeing Motherwell in Europe. Thinking back to the Aberdeen game under McGhee, I turned up at 3 with my ST and the East was closed and managed to get one of the final seats in the Cooper. That just wouldn't happen now.

As daft as it sounds, fans have got used to playing in Europe. The excess qualifying spots in the league along with the clubs defeatist approach to big games certainly hasn't helped.

• Like 2

I'm much the same to be honest. I haven't been to a game in ages and I've actually not missed it.

Can't believe how apathetic toward today and actually this season I am. With all the shite about Rangers, the league reconstruction, shite national team, pumped out of Europe (twice) with a whimper, pumped out both National cups with a whimper, pishyish home form, talk of losing half our team and no contract offers on the table to them or management, the constant we have no money talk, I actually just want this season to be over to be honest.

But in saying that we could today be 2nd in the league today. Fecking bizarre!!!

Agree with all of that