McDonald 15 in 04/05

Foran 11 in 05/06

McDonald 15 in 06/07

Porter 14 in 07/08

Clarkson 13 in 08/09

Jutkiewicz 12 in 09/10

?? in 10/11

Higdon 14 in 11/12

Tho a midfielder im sure Stevie Kirk hit the mid 20s .Anyone with the stats ?

always makes me smile thinking back to Kirkie as a midfielder

he made Higgy look like the Usain Bolt

Delighted with the result today and the overall performance. While not our best of the season, we definitely looked a bit more solid at the back today, and the whole core of the team played extremely well. Higginbotham looks like a good find, was always looking for the ball and trying to take people on, and he's not afraid to have a dig. Should fill the "Murphy" role well. Not Higdon's best ever performance, but he took his goals extremely well (the second especially) and kept battling. He even started the move that led to his second goal. Overall though, the two ICT centre-halves handled him pretty well I thought. Nicky Law was the standout for me though, as he was at the heart of just about everything good today, and caused no end of trouble for Caley.

Good performance, great result, and the best natural shape to the team we've had in a while!

Really enjoyed the game today, although was disappointed with ICT as I expected more from them.

Defence was solid, and thought Hateley had his best game defensively for a long time. Carswell complimented Law better than Lasley does I would suggest, as he is more than happy to protect the back four while Law bombs on and I think Law enjoyed that freedom today.

Really liked the look of Higginbotham, looks to have a really good football brain and linked up well with Law and Ojama in particular. Higdon just keeps on scoring, and I still find it hilarious that he still has critics within the well support - as the song goes 'give him the ball and he'll score'.

1361045685[/url]' post='373930']

I was delighted with ICT today, they didn't disappoint me one bit. I hope Dundee United delight me just as much on Tuesday too. laugh.gif

Of course....

I was expecting a lot more from them in the final 3rd and it never really happened, which is great for Motherwell obviously, I just imagine a much more difficult match, although I'm not sure why given the scuddings we have handed them this season.

I'd like to give special praise to Stuart Carswell today who did all the dirty midfield digging in tackling and back tracking really well. Maybe just maybe we've got a decent defensive midfielder in this guy. Higdon too fab 2nd goal. Yes im a happy drunk tonight... :drinks:

A cracking three points.

Was slightly apprehensive before the game but it turned out to be surprisingly comfortable in the end. And a clean sheet!!!!!!

Quite an even first half for most of it, but thought we'd just about done enough to merit being ahead at the break. Interesting to see the first goal on Alba. From the East Stand it looked like Ojamaa had made a complete arse of his shot and that fortunately Higdon had followed it through. Seeing it again it actually looks like he's deliberately set him up. Not convinced but what the hell, it gave us the lead!!

I thought the second half display was excellent. We had a couple of wee things that went our way, Ross firing over early after the re-start and they seemed to think they had a shout for a penalty but for the most part it was a really professional performance from us during the second forty-five.

I did wonder at points during the second half how much our experiences of recent seasons will benefit us in the run-in. Obviously Inverness have hit a bit of a sticky spell but you looked at them and us and today and there was an assuredness, a know-how and confidence about us that just wasn't there in the Caley side.

Vital week but we couldn't have started it any better.

SPL era:

?? Kampmann outed for Billy Davies?? 98/99

Spencer 11 in 99/00

Elliot 10 in 00/01

Elliot/Faddy 10 in 01/02

Faddy 13 in 02/03

Clarky 11 in 03/04

McDonald 15 in 04/05

Foran 11 in 05/06

McDonald 15 in 06/07

Porter 14 in 07/08

Clarkson 13 in 08/09

Jutkiewicz 12 in 09/10

?? in 10/11

Higdon 14 in 11/12

always makes me smile thinking back to Kirkie as a midfielder

he made Higgy look like the Usain Bolt

I think that's only league goals being considered there. Porter scored 18 all competitions in 07/08 and Faddy 19 in 02/03.

Today's performance was very sound. Biggest difference for me was midfield. Playing Carswell as an actual holding midfielder worked wonders and allowed Law to play to his creative strengths. If this combination works on Tuesday night, I'd be leaving Lasley on the bench next Saturday against Ross County. Just to show him when he shows a lack of professionalism and gets sent off like he did, that he's not an automatic return.

Carswell reminds me of a young Phil with his running style and ability to stretch his leg and get a telling touch. His best game since that Hearts away game when he first appeared on the scene I think.

Just watched Higdon's first - seems BBC was right, Ojamaa a bit embarassed by a mis-hit shot!

Funny enough, I just said that to my son as Carswell covered a lot of ground and made a few good challanges. I think he compliments the midfield runners and leads to a better balance overall. He is always available and looking for the ball to keep the play flowing with a few simple passes (much the way Jennings did previousley) I would like to see him getting an extended run to see if he can perform at a consistent level.

A good team performance today against a fine Inverness outfit who just faded a little after we knocked the stuffing out of them by scoring early in the second half.

Lets just keep the same level of determination to win over the next few games, :yahoo:

Biggest difference for me was midfield. Playing Carswell as an actual holding midfielder worked wonders and allowed Law to play to his creative strengths. If this combination works on Tuesday night, I'd be leaving Lasley on the bench next Saturday against Ross County. Just to show him when he shows a lack of professionalism and gets sent off like he did, that he's not an automatic return.

He did it before with Craigan after the red card v Dunfermline last season. No reason he won't again. It will be purely down to performance on Tuesday I suspect. I don't think it is a coincidence we kept a clean sheet yesterday when Lasley wasn't there and I don't think it is a coincidence that it was Law's best game of the season.

We are playing the 2nd top team in the league with the chance to go 2nd but to be honest I'm not feeling much buzz for this one which is odd as the games between the teams have been high scoring affairs and we have a pretty good record against them.

Seems to me the season is just about over already with Celtic running away with the title, no 2nd place Champions League spot and Dundee 100% guaranteed to be relegated.

I tend to be cautious in my expectations but even I would be amazed if we didn't get a Europa Cup place. Where is the excitement coming from?

I go to every match I can and I enjoy the matches once in the stadium but in terms of build up and getting the non die hards along to matches I think it could be bleak for the rest of the season.

I know what you mean. Getting knocked out the cups has really floored me as we look on at St Mirren, Hearts and maybe a few other fellow diddy teams getting to Semis and Finals. I just can't be bothered paying to watch games in a league that is repetitive, boring and just about finished. I actually drove to Motherwell yesterday (from Stirling) got there but then couldnt bring myself to pay 20 quid to watch SPL football so didnt bother going in! That's how bad the league is!!

Although if we do get 2nd does that mean we get the ridiculously unfair 2nd place prize money of like £1.1 million? Pretty sure thats what 2nd gets and 1st gets £1.3 million then it drops to 400 k to 3rd/350 k for 4th etc.. or some shit. Obviously designed to just give the OF a roughly equal and lions share of the money each year!

Didnt make the game yesterday due to work commitments but did manage to catch it on alba. It was a good performance and I'm glad were winning games and freescoring at home again

I liked the look of higginbotham and carswell was good again as he was at killie. The 2nd and 3rd goals were class

I'm glad ojamma has screwed the nut again over the last few months and that's him up to 12 assists now. At the start of the season he had a bit of an attitude problem elbowing ayr united players off the ball in pre season friendlys etc. probably my favourite 'well player

Although if we do get 2nd does that mean we get the ridiculously unfair 2nd place prize money of like £1.1 million? Pretty sure thats what 2nd gets and 1st gets £1.3 million then it drops to 400 k to 3rd/350 k for 4th etc.. or some shit. Obviously designed to just give the OF a roughly equal and lions share of the money each year!

1st - 4% + 13% = 17%

2nd - 4% + 11% = 15%

3rd - 4% + 5.5% = 9.5%

4th - 4% + 4.5% = 8.5%

5th - 4% + 4.0% = 8.0%

6th - 4% + 3.5% = 7.5%

7th - 4% + 3.0% = 7.0%

8th - 4% + 2.5% = 6.5%

9th - 4% + 2.0% = 6.0%

10th - 4% + 1.5% = 5.5%

11th - 4% + 1.0% = 5.0%

12th - 4% + 0.5% = 4.5%

As far as I'm aware this is still the model in place for this season. I think the prize money is much bigger than you suggest. Closer to 1st - £3M, 2nd - £2.6M, 3rd - £1.7M.

Fair enough,it is still a grossly unfair distribution if prize money and has no consistent increments designed to help the top 2 (and not just the winner - can't have Rangers getting more than Celtic or vice versa - what's the agenda!!) MUCH more than the rest.

I am giddy that we are ina position to take advantage of such a ludicrous set up.