Motherwell Versus Dundee United

Dazzer

Well here we go again, back to back wins, could see us in a great position prior to the split.

At this stage I would be happy with 3 points from the next two games, making tuesdays match another sx pointer!

Im sure we would all like to beat Celtic, but deep down we know it wont happen, so anything against them will be considered a bonus.

Lets build on ICT game, I would keep the same team less any injurys that we might have, and go for it.

Same line up... same attacking mindset.

Motherwell 3 Dundee Utd 1.

Higdon, Law, OJ.

Same line up as Saturday, Carswell covered the back four pretty well, not a coincidence that Nicky Law went on to have a superb match because of the increased freedom. Faddy to come on off the bench and take Russell/Mackay-Steven to skill school. blum3.gif

1-1 or 2-1 either way for me, too close to call. Really hope we get the three points though, it would be superb to open up a bit more of a cushion on the 'chasing pack'.

Weird the difference a game makes. Saturday I wasn't up for at all but I really enjoyed our performance and it got me quite looking forward to tomorrow.

Utd almost guaranteed to score with Daly, Russell or GMS so think we will win 2-1. Henrik to score at home for the first time in ages and Nicky Law again.

I agree with that 100% mate. Wasn't that bothered on Saturday morning, half due to a hangover and half little interest.

Saying that, Saturdays performance really excited me. The fact we were playing with so many flair players who were going all over the park really was a joy to watch. Ojamma, Law, Higgenbotham, Humphrey, and then we had ZFA and Boab on the bench and of course the fat useless goal machine upfront who does heehaw except score goals.

I want to see more of the same.

And now we know Faddy won't be playing tomorrow, then for once I agree with Dazzer. Same team as Saturday.

I agree with that 100% mate. Wasn't that bothered on Saturday morning, half due to a hangover and half little interest.

Saying that, Saturdays performance really excited me. The fact we were playing with so many flair players who were going all over the park really was a joy to watch. Ojamma, Law, Higgenbotham, Humphrey, and then we had ZFA and Boab on the bench and of course the fat useless goal machine upfront who does heehaw except score goals.

I want to see more of the same.

And now we know Faddy won't be playing tomorrow, then for once I agree with Dazzer. Same team as Saturday.

Completely agree with Sieb & above

Wasn't really up for Saturday, and in general, I got the feeling that was the case for a large part of the crowd as there was little atmosphere when the game started - but credit where it's due, I thought it was a really good game. Enjoyed our forward play, with plenty to be happy about, and Higginbotham did himself no harm by the willingness to chase things down, and run at players when the opportunity arose - sure, he lost the ball a fair few times, but it didn't stop him going back for more. He, Ojamaa and Law on that type of form could cause teams real problems .

All in all, looking forward to tomorrow night

MON RA DOSSERS

We've been pretty solid at home and haven't lost at Fir Park in the league since Dundee United last visited on the 7th of November (DDWWDWW). We've also scored 15 goals in 5 home games which is a massive turnaround from the 2 goals in 7 games just prior to this good run. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't be full of confidence going into this one, particularly as United need the 3 points far more than us if they want to finish in the top 3 or 4. That means they won't be sitting back which should suit us just fine.

Still, tight game. 1-0 Higdon.

Don't know how big a part Faddy will play , but I think the buzz thats been created by his signature alone and the positivity the crowd could show , will be enough to help the team win this one convincingly .

Same starting line up as Sat , if no enforced changes , with the prodigal son to make a hard-on inducing appearance in the second half and see us comfortably over the line . 3-0 us .thumbup.gif

[MJC] I genuinely think due to the hype surrounding signing James McFadden we'll end up losing or the game will be a brutal draw. So many times have I seen great hype before a Motherwell game with many of the fans predicting a win and it goes the other way. I don't know if the added pressure on the players to really perform has a negative effect but it seems to happen quite a lot. [/MJC]