Motherwell Versus Dundee United

Dazzer

Not much to say other than garbage. Can't believe that was the same team as Saturday. Hutch was piss poor, Carswell not much better. Some nice stuff in the first half, but absolutely nothing in the way of final ball.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Must say though, been defending him for long enough, but I'm fed up doing it now. That was absolutely fukcking woefully diabolical from Hateley. An imposter of a footballer most of this season. Piss aff to the bench and give someone else a shot.

• Like 1

If we have an indian sign over Inverness then Dundee Utd have one over us at Fir Park. Can't even remember the last time we scored against them at Fir Park, never mind won!

That Randolph was our man of the man by a mile kinda tells the story, especially since his opposite number didn't have a serious save to make in the match.

I thought Dundee Utd were pretty good tonight, they defended well, won the midfield tussle and Johnny Russell in particular was almost unplayable at times in the first half.

Faddy came on and had a few good touches but didn't have much chance to influence the game. Still looked like he's still got legs and you could see his movement was a class above the rest.

If we have an indian sign over Inverness then Dundee Utd have one over us at Fir Park. Can't even remember the last time we scored against them at Fir Park, never mind won!

April 2011, we won 2-1. Since then we've failed to score a home goal against them and tonight we never looked like changing that.

We were absolutely dire tonight and looked completely devoid of ideas how to break down a well organised, physical defence yet again. Humphrey and Hateley were the worst two players on the park for me, both had absolute stinkers and surrendered possession on numerous occasions and Hateley's set pieces were as bad as ever. The goal we lost was pathetic, considering it came from our corner then three passes later they were through our defence and in on goal.

The only Motherwell player to come out of tonight with any passmarks was, yet again, Darren Randolph who saved us from an absolute pasting and showed yet again that he is worth his weight in gold for us.

• Like 1

Thought Hutch had slipped back to his old rash challenges and guilty of poor distribution at times . Hateley again a mixture of some ok stuff and some real bombscare moments .

From the start it was obvious utd would be hard to break down with so many bodies behind the ball , and so it proved , and in fairness , if it hadn't been for Randolph and some desperate last ditch defending , it could have been 2 or 3 .

Suppose its testament to our recent form and results that teams come here and set up like that against us .

Yet another enjoyable, albeit frustrating, game at FP.

The first 45 absolutely flew by. We played some great stuff but the final ball wasn't there. When the ball did drop in the box, Ojamaa and Higdon weren't as sharp as they were on Saturday.

Hutch had a few rough moments but credit to him for sticking to the task. Biggest concern for me would be Hammels struggle with injury this season. His movement seems curtailed and he is therefore unable to provide the outlet that the good play of Higginbotham and Ojamaa requires.

Pretty impressed with Dundee United. Makeshift defence dealt with everything that came into the box. Midfield was very tidy and fed the dynamic duo of Russell and GMS to great effect. Both of whom should be close to a Scotland call-up.

Are you on crack. I'm not gonna say they were terrible, but not a chance were they the best outfield players.

who was better.

Hateley not bad. Ramsden bombscare. Hammell subbed. Law bottled it twice for their goal. Humphrey smart enough to realise that he's sbout to get dropped so he worked harder but still utterly ineffective. Higdon no. Ojamaa terrible.

We got what we deserved from that game tonight..absolutely feck all...we had no creative play, too many individual mistakes, beaten for pace all night.

Untd sat in and hit us on the break and in all honesty should have won by 2 or 3 goals...bad day at the office.

Every chance we get to get some distance between us and the chasing pack, we feck it up..its pissing me off now

• Like 3

Not the worst Motherwell performance I've seen by long chalk but seriously lacking in cutting edge tonight.

Quite a strange game. I would think we must have had upwards of 60% possession throughout the game but we've had about one effort that's come off the bar to show for it, whereas United were defending in their half for the bulk of it, but have scored, seen Randolph make three sensational saves and have had three cleared off the line.

I don't think we did enough to win, but I'd say we would have been worthy of a point had we managed to force one home.

Thought we had started really brightly too. Lots of creativity, hemming them in their own box and forcing them into mistakes. But as soon they had their first break away they quickly cottoned on we were there for the taking and they cut through us several times thereafter.

Great to see Faddy back. I don't know much of that was down to adrenalin tonight but on the brief appearance there's more than enough to suggest he's going to be a real asset to us when he fully gets going.

But that apart a really disappointing night, with an excellent opportunity passed up and further compounded by St Johnstone taking an unexpected point against Celtic.

Wee bit more pressure on us now to try to get something in Dingwall I think.

The better team won on the night and they probably could/should have scored a few more. It took us about 67 minutes to get a proper shot on target, which is not good enough considering how many attack minded players we have in our team. On the plus side, Faddy looked sharp when he come on.

Dire.

Some people around me said we played some nice stuff in the 1st half, really? One shot off target which was a tame Humphrey shot that trundled wide from over 20 yards out and that was it, lot's of tippy tappy pish with no end product.

United done a number on us having clearly seen us on Saturday. Sat deep so Ojamaa couldn't get in behind them, put three in midfield to crowd out Law the man that makes us tick. Without those two we were left passing the ball side to side relying on Higginbotham/Humphrey to produce. They both did fuck all, Humphrey worked hard but caused the United left back no problems what so ever as he strolled through the game. Higginbotham has skill and showed some nice feet but his final ball was just as infective. The defence were all rank, I try and defend Hateley but he was fucking diabolical tonight. Randolph was head and shoulders above the rest and was the only thing that stood between us and an embarrassing score line.

Once United got the opening goal their game plan fell perfectly into place. Sit back, let us have the ball and then pick us off on the break when we inevitably gifted them the ball.

Was nice to see Faddy back but it just can't be me that was bemused to see McCall shunt him out to the left wing? Was never going to be effective out there, I would have hooked Higginbotham and put Ojamaa wide left and put Faddy in the role behind Higdon. Then thrown McHugh on with ten to go for Ramsden/Carswell. Thought the two subs were bizarre and we looked even more disjointed after they were made.

Piss poor and sadly all too predictable night.

• Like 1

First half we were pretty decent, had plenty of the ball and moved it round well. Started really brightly and looked threatening. However it never really got beyond that, we looked threatening but never really threatened with anything you could look back on as solid chances.

Second half we just didn't look right at all and for all we played a lof of the game in their half the number of times they carved us open on the break was worrying. Some decent saves by Randolph and some profligacy from them kept us getting a bit of a doing in the end.

McFadden needs a bit of time to settle in, hopefully get a longer run out on saturday and with the lowered expectation we'll perhaps see the team back to playing like we've mostly been accustomed to this season.

who was better.

Hateley not bad. Ramsden bombscare. Hammell subbed. Law bottled it twice for their goal. Humphrey smart enough to realise that he's sbout to get dropped so he worked harder but still utterly ineffective. Higdon no. Ojamaa terrible.

Jesus Fuck. Hateley not bad? You should support squash. And Ramsden was way better than Hutch tonight.

Really frustrating night tonight. Think we over played it far too often giving utd players time to crowd the ball. The team really needed someone to take a shot instead of trying to walk the ball in, if you get a shot on target you might score or get a rebound rather than trying to tap it in from a yard out.

Defensively we are still poor and time and time again we were caught out with the ball over the top into acres of space on the left. Utd countered well but ffs it was from a corner from us and they cut right through the middle of us ( would las have made the difference ? I don't know)

Randolph was superb and saved us from loosing heavier.

Hamill didn't look fit (2 games in a short space or injured)

Humphrey has lost that wee extra yard he had on defenders so plays it back rather than hitting the line and crossing earlierwhich he is better at.

Hutch had a bit of a torrid time although cleared off the line twice I think. Can't blame him he's a young lad lacking experience and has no old head around him to keep him right.

Now Hately ffs where to start awfull all season, terrible decision making, gets frustrated and lunges in. Why he takes every corner free kick I don't know there has to be someone better. Oh he did clear off the line but how many times did he put us in that situation.Bench time neede.

Henrick lively as well as higinbotham but were well nullified and faded.

Higdon did the donkey work as ever but they weren't on the same book never mind page tonight.

All in all disappointed but not devastated we're still 2nd and can avenge it at the weekend, wouldn't be motherwell if we gave all of the fairy tale instead of just a bit.

Ps. Willo flood you're truly an ugly wee cretin and a total pain in the arse but I'd have you in my team every week.

Higginbotham was fuckin woeful tonight. Seems to have pace but more of a sand dancer who does nothing but attempt 14 stepovers then cut back onto his right foot and wait for the defence to settle before playing a pass. Here's a fucking novel idea Mr Manager, play a left footer in left mid occasionally?

Hutch was Jekyll + Hyde,generally woeful but threw in some superb blocks. Higdon was anonymous and Ojamaa a bit clueless. Humph did well but not much came off for him. Hateley needs benched,fucking diabolical! And set pieces? Don't see the point in them,we'd be as well giving the ball back to the other team n starting again.

Sat is gonna be the exact same. Ross County will fill the centre and hit on the counter and we will huff + puff but do fuck all really before shit defending gives away a goal. Been the same all season,wish we cd play reckless teams like Caley every week instead of teams who can actually defend

Not the worst Motherwell performance I've seen by long chalk but seriously lacking in cutting edge tonight.

Quite a strange game. I would think we must have had upwards of 60% possession throughout the game but we've had about one effort that's come off the bar to show for it, whereas United were defending in their half for the bulk of it, but have scored, seen Randolph make three sensational saves and have had three cleared off the line.

I don't think we did enough to win, but I'd say we would have been worthy of a point had we managed to force one home.

Thought we had started really brightly too. Lots of creativity, hemming them in their own box and forcing them into mistakes. But as soon they had their first break away they quickly cottoned on we were there for the taking and they cut through us several times thereafter.

Great to see Faddy back. I don't know much of that was down to adrenalin tonight but on the brief appearance there's more than enough to suggest he's going to be a real asset to us when he fully gets going.

But that apart a really disappointing night, with an excellent opportunity passed up and further compounded by St Johnstone taking an unexpected point against Celtic.

Wee bit more pressure on us now to try to get something in Dingwall I think.

This plus your sisters home game jinx its aw Nads' fault

Dire.

Some people around me said we played some nice stuff in the 1st half, really? One shot off target which was a tame Humphrey shot that trundled wide from over 20 yards out and that was it, lot's of tippy tappy pish with no end product.

United done a number on us having clearly seen us on Saturday. Sat deep so Ojamaa couldn't get in behind them, put three in midfield to crowd out Law the man that makes us tick. Without those two we were left passing the ball side to side relying on Higginbotham/Humphrey to produce. They both did fuck all, Humphrey worked hard but caused the United left back no problems what so ever as he strolled through the game. Higginbotham has skill and showed some nice feet but his final ball was just as infective. The defence were all rank, I try and defend Hateley but he was fucking diabolical tonight. Randolph was head and shoulders above the rest and was the only thing that stood between us and an embarrassing score line.

Once United got the opening goal their game plan fell perfectly into place. Sit back, let us have the ball and then pick us off on the break when we inevitably gifted them the ball.

Was nice to see Faddy back but it just can't be me that was bemused to see McCall shunt him out to the left wing? Was never going to be effective out there, I would have hooked Higginbotham and put Ojamaa wide left and put Faddy in the role behind Higdon. Then thrown McHugh on with ten to go for Ramsden/Carswell. Thought the two subs were bizarre and we looked even more disjointed after they were made.

Piss poor and sadly all too predictable night.

I can assure you it wasnae just you I was screaming for this from around the 60 minute mark