Motherwell Versus Dundee United

Dazzer

Frustrating stuff, looked good in first half for a while but too predictable by half.

Simple to beat at times play us on the break and when we have the ball we are slow as fuck which gives the other team time to get back into position and close us down and snuff out our passing game. High balls to Higdon who wins most of them but no one is ever able to pick up the balls that he wins. Hately and Humphrey play is so predictable they just play the ball to each other until until they either give it away, put in a shite cross or it goes out for a throw in.

Hately has gone backwords as a football player a total bombscare and I think he only get a game because we have no one else at right back. The main reason that he was in team was for his crossing and set pieces and he is utter shite at both now.

Russell and Mackay-Steven are a scarey combination and a dream to have in a team who play you on the break. They would have had 3 or 4 if it wasn't for Randy.

Still second but that was fuckin murder to watch at times their keeper had fuck all to do the whole game which just is not good enough at home.

they only had chances because we were throwing everyone forward. they scored their because our team is poorly coached and mentally weak. nicky law has has played centre mid all season and has only had one booking for complaining about a travesty of a decision at dens park but he won't pull mackay-steven down when we are on the ropes. extremely stupid.

russell and mackay-steven are nothing special. they are on a level with murphy.

• Like 1

Behave.

Ah bet The Arabs get £125 , 000 for the both off them :laugh:

Ripped us a new areshole...enjoyed watching them.....

thought it was cracking gam,e first half for us ....some lovely football... too much tippy tappy wank boy stuff......lost our way in the second half.....some superb saves from Randolph kept us in it....roll on saturday !!!

I'll stick a few points down in no particular order

- GMS should have been brought down on the halfway line. Was it Law? I actually thought it was Higginbotham but I didn't get the best view. We are constantly too nice as a team.

- Dundee Utd played a perfect game tactically and I was very impressed by them. They had a makeshift defence but well very well organised, kept shape and their front 3 are very very good. They doubled up on Humphrey (surely that must be a given, he ran riot when ICT chose not to), they sat deep, put the tackles in and looked comfortable in possession. Like McCall said on the radio, no shame in losing to them - they are a good team.

- I was one of the faddy pessimists, and I was a Higginbotham pessimist too. While they are both good players, and now faddy is actually here it is exciting as fuck, I feel that we are overstocked at one end and not well stocked enough at the other. Offensively you now have plenty of options - what other options have we got at the back? Not convinced ZFA isna defender really, so that leaves one out and out defender in Cummins as fit back up, who is young and mistake prone. Ramsden is injury prone. I appreciate we are still in 2nd but all season we have struggled to keep goals out. Why have we not brought anyone in?

- what it it about Ramsden? Is it me or does he feel like a player on loan to us? People call him a bombscare but is he that bad? Same with Hutchinson who apart from two misplaced passes had a pretty decent game. The weaknesses this season have mainly come from the flanks.

- the defence isn't good enough to play in front of a one man midfield in Carswell or lasley. Against a good enough team this leaves you woefully exposed like tonight

- Hopefully faddy or Higginbotham take the free kicks and corners off hateley

1361317509[/url]' post='374674']

they only had chances because we were throwing everyone forward. they scored their because our team is poorly coached and mentally weak. nicky law has has played centre mid all season and has only had one booking for complaining about a travesty of a decision at dens park but he won't pull mackay-steven down when we are on the ropes. extremely stupid.

What have you been smoking? laugh1.gif

1361317509[/url]' post='374674']

Quite simply just a stupid ignorant of knowledge of football post.

Think you need to temper you're frustration a bit and be realistic we are still sitting prettywink.gif

1361316973[/url]' post='374672']

Frustrating stuff, looked good in first half for a while but too predictable by half.

Simple to beat at times play us on the break and when we have the ball we are slow as fuck which gives the other team time to get back into position and close us down and snuff out our passing game. High balls to Higdon who wins most of them but no one is ever able to pick up the balls that he wins. Hately and Humphrey play is so predictable they just play the ball to each other until until they either give it away, put in a shite cross or it goes out for a throw in.

Hately has gone backwords as a football player a total bombscare and I think he only get a game because we have no one else at right back. The main reason that he was in team was for his crossing and set pieces and he is utter shite at both now.

Russell and Mackay-Steven are a scarey combination and a dream to have in a team who play you on the break. They would have had 3 or 4 if it wasn't for Randy.

Still second but that was fuckin murder to watch at times their keeper had fuck all to do the whole game which just is not good enough at home.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Ripped us a new areshole...enjoyed watching them

too much tippy tappy wank boy stuff

some superb saves from Randolph kept us in it

Pretty much summed up the game for me. We are very susceptible to teams who counter attack with pace, and United were unlucky not to score 3 or 4.

Hopefully we can get back on track against Ross County.

Hateley needs taken of corner duty now. Delivery is shocking. Failure to beat the man at the front post allowed them to break up the park and score.

It concerns me that McCall brought on Faddy and stuck him out on the left wing.

It also concerns me that Humphrey can be having such a bad game, and despite the numerous attacking options, still complete 90 minutes.

We shat in the nest big time last night, and yet is was so predictable.

Worst I've felt after a game since the sevco debacle.

Told y'all we should never has moved the original game!!

I wouldn't go that far - I thought we played well in places (first half) - just didn't have the cutting edge.

But 2/3 of our 4 defenders were properly woeful last night

Hateley does far more wrong than he does right these days and it's about time he was ditched.

What's going on with Saunders? We got anyone else who can fill that position? Hows Zaine on his right foot?

Hows Zaine on his right foot?

Well, I think he can stand on it like a boss.

Agree about Hateley. He's really struggled this season, and so often seems to do the difficult part well (winning the ball, a little bit of skill etc) and then just make a complete and total arse of it. There's no doubting his commitment, he's certainly one of the few that you see throwing himself into challenges and putting himself on the line, but it's like he's lost all confidence or something. His delivery this season has been, for the most part, woeful. I'd say get Law/Hammell on corner duty and let someone else (Hammell?) take free kicks for a while.

On another night, we could have been 2 up by the time they scored, as we started well. It was just one of those nights though, every time the ball broke, it landed at the feet of a United player instead of one of ours. Frustrating stuff, but we just need to draw a line under it and focus on taking the 3 points on Saturday.

1361382669[/url]' post='374738']

Poor game, a lot of the ball but toothless, took my son and we went tae the main stand £44 ,is it any wonder people don't go to games, uninspiring game + £44 = empty seats. First and last league game of the season for me I'm afraid.

You can get adult and child for 24 I'm sure.

Moaning about the cost after choosing the most expensive option, very good.

Poor game, a lot of the ball but toothless, took my son and we went tae the main stand £44 ,is it any wonder people don't go to games, uninspiring game + £44 = empty seats. First and last league game of the season for me I'm afraid.

Shame it didn't work out , sure your lad will be chuffed Steelboy thinks he should've sneaked in the boys gate.

Same price as the Cooper, so the elevated view might have been a good choice had the goals been delivered

Obviously quite a few extra in last night with the good home results and Faddy returning

A few would have choose to pay the extra to get in for kick off, and a few will feel disappointed as the prices are too expensive

But there has been some good games, and there will be some more, not guaranteed though so folk will always think twice about the PATG option

Hence the concern about the stupid split and horrendous match scheduling that could scare off a few season ticket holders that then end up like yourself and just show up for or or two games

Nicky Law is one of the best players I've seen at FP and is a real match winner, but he can't tackle at all. He can barely even shut down a cross never mind stop it coming in, and you can't really get away with that in centre mid. Higginbotham doesn't look any less lightweight so its just as well Carswell gets himself stuck in. We are great going forward but its coasting us a bit defensively; no wonder we've shipped so many goals this season.

That aside, I don't think there's any chronic reason why we under perform, its just a tight league and when players have an off day (as a few did last night) you can get caught out. We have more than enough in our locker to beat Ross County at the weekend, a win would be huge.

Law is shocking at times defensively. When we're not in possession, he strolls backwards, away from his man. He's making no effort to close down space, prevent a cross, or challenge to win the ball. He's essentially trying to avoid getting near the man to have to tackle, which would be fine if he blocked a run/pass, but he does nothing. When the ball is in opposition possession on the opposite side, he meanders around aimlessly.

murphy 22 spl appearances 10 goals

russell 26 spl appearances 12 goals

fairly even but murphy has played less minutes and less up front.

If a measure of a players ability is down to goals and nothing else then I'm assuming you have completely u-turned on your opinion of Higdon then?