Ross County V Motherwell

Yabba's Turd

Reports from the game suggesting faddy was played right midfield with Humphrey on the left!!

Nae higginbotham?

A few questions for McCall to answer there.

Not sure about Humphrey on the left but Faddy played loads of games on the right down in England or least I recall seeing him there good few times, I rather he was out right cutting in than being tied to the left wing.

Not sure where best to utilise him. My instinct says he should play a more central role lying behind Higdon getting beteen other teams midfield and defence. He has the technique and vision to surely cause problems and not need to rely on pace. Indeed should be ideal for feeding likes of Humphrey and Ojamma if not finding space to hopefully threaten himself.

Thought Higginbottom looked tidy against Utd but no end product, promising looking lad but I wasn't concerned seeing Lasley come back in to in theory add a bit more grit.

I hoping despite patchy form Hately is back for Wednesday, Hammell also for a less makeshift looking defence.

Never get hopes up for these games but we are no more or less likely to pull off a result on last couple of games form. Will go along with small hope and no expectation. Any points gained will be a big boost.

Is it time to start Faddy? For better or worse we've signed him, we need to get him playing and hope he clicks with the rest. As Melvin says he seems to be casting a big shadow at the moment, get him in for some starts and hope within a game or two he is doing the business and the rest are playing with him and not just running around on the same patch of grass.

Cummins is terrible and I have thought that all season. Not at SPL level at all. Our biggest mistake this season has not been not getting in a experienced good quality centre back to replace Craigan. Ramsden is ok, but not really big and commanding enough for me. We needed someone like McPake or Webster just to give Hutch some needed experience along side him.

Is it time to start Faddy? For better or worse we've signed him, we need to get him playing and hope he clicks with the rest. As Melvin says he seems to be casting a big shadow at the moment, get him in for some starts and hope within a game or two he is doing the business and the rest are playing with him and not just running around on the same patch of grass.

I really think it's OTT to say this, the guy only signed 4 days ago!

We had a shit result & performance today, but it certainly wasn't the 1st time this season.

I admit it's 1 of the fears I have myself that Faddy coming in could have a detrimental effect on the team as a whole, but I still believe it will have the more positive effect in the long run.

Far too early for talk of 'casting big shadows' I feel.

It's a bit of a reach and hence the qualification of seems to be. Certainly at half time on tuesday my thoughts were we seemed to be overcooking things. Arguably not something entirely new but wondered with Faddy on the bench the desire to impress wasn't having at least a subconscious effect.

Could yet still be positive if players ultimately raise game but either way an ugly win on wednesday with Faddy on bench for 90 minutes be just as welcome as a win with him starting and being majestic.

Cummins is terrible and I have thought that all season. Not at SPL level at all. Our biggest mistake this season has not been not getting in a experienced good quality centre back to replace Craigan. Ramsden is ok, but not really big and commanding enough for me. We needed someone like McPake or Webster just to give Hutch some needed experience along side him.

Cummins and Kerr are both like a hybrid of Kevin Christie , Dave Bus & Stephane Bonnes

I still don't know what formation we where ment to be playing. Did not have a left midfielder until Humphrey went out there in the second half. Ramsden was shocking and has been for most of the season. I would not have him near the first team but we don't really have anyone else to play instead of him. Cummings is not ready for the SPL at the moment. I fear for Wednesday night already.

I'm afraid I'm with the folk who don't rate Adam Cummins. Lad gives me the fear when he is on the park and I fon't think he is ready for this level.

Steven Saunders to get a chance now?

have to agree with that, we have needed an experienced centre half since Craigan left..he has not been replaced..if Saunders is fit and in the squad he should get a run in the team.

1361640848[/url]' post='374938']

It has done. His shadow is hanging over the team. Instead of rising to the challenge and making it difficult for him to get in the team, the team seem to be looking over their shoulders, thinking he's either going to save the day or steal their place in the team...

Too early to say that this is the reason for the last two performances IMO, however that is exactly what happened when McFadden was here before. The rest of the team looked to him to bail them out and knew that he was a cut above them all. As a result we became dependant on him and results were horrendous, so much so that we finished bottom of the table in 02/03 and only started playing as a team the following season once he had left.

Finding some of the attempts to place culpability on the shoulders of McFadden for the previous two losses to be highly speculative of at best.

Some fearful of losing their places? I could suggest that privately some of the squad might have been utterly delighted that he signed considering there may be some extra win bonuses he might help them to before the end of the season.

Some will down tools and think its 2002 again because he'll single handedly save the day? Again I could suggest that some will be delighted he's here given the additional exposure the club will receive knowing how he's playing to win a deal elsewhere - and if they can turn it on themselves in front of those watching eyes then that's not going to do their chances of a move any harm.

They are ofcourse as equally speculative but as equally feasible.

The facts is that at this stage in neither of the two games he has featured in have we played anything like we can do and in both cases have been behind before he has even set foot on the park. No more, no less.

Just watched the highlights on MFC TV.

Absolute horror show. Defending for the goals was appalling, even non existent. Hard to say who was meant to be picking up at the back post for the 3rd goal, but the guy was completely unmarked. Ross County took all 3 well to be fair.

We didn't have one meaningful effort on goal by the looks of it.

Surely Saunders has to be in with a shout of playing on Wednesday after that? Can we recall Page?

McCall does seem suitably raging in his post match interview at least.

Funnily enough watched Hetherington yesterday in the Thistle vs AirdrieRIP game.

Felt incredibly sorry for him looked to make space, collect the ball, make the easy pass etc etc. But his playing with a bunch of substandard numpties intent on playing schoolboy fitba where the Aim is to go on a World Cup willie run until your dispossessed.

Forbes played well for Thistle - seems to be a bit of a favourite. seems to have a decent enough pace for that level. lawless was poor. erskine was the star man overall - (still heariing that he's linked with a move to us)

Page isn't on loan anyway, we terminated his contract.

Cummins and ZFA are a year or two away from playing in a SPL defence but from the snippets I've heard about Saunders, he isn't ready to step in.

Good to see McCall angry post-match although I hope he manages to enjoy his trip to Wembley.

Heard Erskine scored a belter yesterday.

Feckin scandalous letting Page leave i thought he would've done well for us. <_ . cummins is cack so zfa at left back and ramsden might do us a turn but far he also been cack. our midfield getting over run too then you have hiumphrey who for weeks now. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wallbash.gif" alt=":wallbash:">

• Like 2

Cummins is a nightmare but every other young defender we have brought through has had the advantage of playing alongside an experienced centre half who can help talk him through the game and because Cummins doesn't have that he is making errors - always getting caught on the wrong side and very uncomfortable on the ball. He does nothing for me at the moment.

Last week we did so well because we had wee pairs all over the pitch complimenting each other and knowing what each other was going to do (Law and Carswell, Hammell and Higginbotham, Humphrey and Hateley and Higdon and Ojamaa and to a lesser extent Hutch and Ramsden) but yesterday the way we rejigged the team around not one of these partnerships was together and they didn't seem to have any sort of understanding what we were doing on the ball.

Three very poor goals to lose and in a way that is less of a concern because they were mistakes, the lack of any apparent creative spark at all is a deadly concern.

• Like 1

Feckin scandalous letting Page leave i thought he would've done well for us. <_ . cummins is cack so zfa at left back and ramsden might do us a turn but far he also been cack. our midfield getting over run too then you have hiumphrey who for weeks now. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wallbash.gif" alt=":wallbash:">

Cack

• Like 1

There's certain posters I look forward to reading because I know I'll get their unvarnished opinion of the game, how people played, tactics, who did well, what went wrong, what we might look at as a remedy etc etc. Over the years I have come to value and trust their posts. DEWELL isn't one of those posters. Sorry fella, no offence intended.

• Like 4

DEWELL is a CACK supporter

he should probably do everyone a favour and fuck off to watch the Accies

it appears he has no clue about how to play football and most weeks his patter is the same - "i'll just abuse the players so it looks as if i know what i'm talking about"

why do you bother going to the games? or do you feel because you have went, that you need to share your shambolic opinion?

like Haggis said, there are some folk on here who post fair and accurate comments and i tend to judge the game on what they say (if i've not made it myself) but you just frustrate me with the amount of crap that you type

• Like 2