Smoke Bombs

DEWELL

At Dingwall today not only was the on field performance crap but also the behaviour of a few idiots throwing smoke bombs around one in particular was intentionally lobbed at stewards. The smoke was overpowering at times in the first 20 mins of the game and at a time where Stuart McCall was in the National Papers telling of his horror at the Bradford disaster frankly this is a feckin DISGRACE AND MUST BE STOPPED!!! <_>

• Like 2

I like smoke bombs, think they add to the atmosphere.

Was not there so don't know the circumstances in which they were let off, but if what you say is correct, there is no need to be throwing them at stewards.

If it did happen though, is there any chance the stewards were being c**ts beforehand?

1361642280[/url]' post='374951']

Was not there so don't know the circumstances in which they were let off, but if what you say is correct, there is no need to be throwing them at stewards.

If it did happen though, is there any chance the stewards were being c**ts beforehand?

No. The stewards were fine. I'm ashamed to say a section of our support behaved very badly. This wasn't about atmosphere. It was about drunken idiots.

With an 80,000 crowd in the San Siro for a Champions League game, looks impressive.

With under 4,000 on a Saturday in Dingwall, looks like weans playing with bangers.

• Like 3

comparing a harmless wee smoke bomb to a fire that killed 56 folk? aye alright youblink.gif

The smoke bombs did not add to the atmosphere, they just caused a reduction of visibility, a terrible smell and attracted the attention of the stewards. The singing added to the atmosphere, the smoke bombs were an own goal. Although I never saw that one was thrown at a steward I thought they were each let off within the crowd.

^ piffle.

The smoke bombs were pretty decent. Got a cracking video on my phone of about 200 or so guys dancing around in the smoke singing 'Since I was Young'. Will upload it later. Was pretty cool.

While that's probably a great night out in Inverness, some things only really work in a large scale.

While that's probably a great night out in Inverness, some things only really work in a large scale.

Well we're never going to have the opportunity to be within an 80,000 crowd but I don't see why that should mean we should be excluded from using smoke bombs.

There were a few let off in the little square in Valencia when there were only a couple of hundred 'Well fans there & I thought it was magic.

Bradford disaster was a tragedy, but the causes had nothing to do with smoke bombs.

RIP to all those who died, good luck to the Bantams in the final tomorrow.

A big FUCK OFF to Wembley plc for trying to charge the Bradford fans £1500 to bring their flag to remember the 56 who died into the stadium tomorrow!

Bradford disaster was a tragedy, but the causes had nothing to do with smoke bombs.

RIP to all those who died, good luck to the Bantams in the final tomorrow.

A big FUCK OFF to Wembley plc for trying to charge the Bradford fans £1500 to bring their flag to remember the 56 who died into the stadium tomorrow!

Update

"Club and FA covering Wembley costs. All donations now going to Burns Unit at Bradford. Help spread the news."Quote from forum site

That explains why Bradford and the FA are paying for it.

Big well done to them but there shouldn't be a charge in the first place.

Update

club and FA covering Wembley costs. All donations now going to Burns Unit at Bradford. Help spread the news.

Cheers for that mate, hadn't heard.

Glad a solution has been found & good to hear a worthy charity will be benefiting.

Got to say, still don't see where the £1500 cost for bringing the flag in comes from though.

The team are playing shite..we are doing our best to throw away another european adventure..and all some folk have to moan about is fans trying to have a good time and generate some atmosphere...80,000 or 80 respect to them for making the effort.

The way we are playing just now we need any support we can get

1361642565[/url]' post='374953']

No mate the stewards the stewards were fine. They were on the trackside facing the fans that was all. I've been to games and the stewards have been bawbags but not so today.

If you think the stewarding was fine therein lies the problem... Poorest I've seen in years, hate to see what they were like when a big team comes to town.

Stuck in Dingwall till after 7 and still on this bus & not home yet at back o' ten given the hassle up there today.

Perhaps if a certain club official had acted to protect his clubs' supporters as he's paid to do instead of texting his disproval from afar the situation could have been sorted right away. But, hey, we'll get some of that mock outrage on the go. Again.

• Like 1

No mate the stewards the stewards were fine. They were on the trackside facing the fans that was all. I've been to games and the stewards have been bawbags but not so today.

Don't know what game you were at today. The performance from many of County's stewards was appalling. Confrontational, aggressive and cheeky is how I would describe the aresholes in hi-viz jackets. refusing entry to anyone they chose to victimise, alcohol fuelled or not. They almost caused a riot when manhandling a young lad who was getting Faddy's autograph down at the wall. Confiscating unoffensive flags and in general acting like over-zealous prix.

Would love to see them try those tactics when the Beggarz visit.

• Like 1

Saw that when the stewards were tugging the flag away from the guys, thought that was really poor show. It was like a tug of war with a fucking flag.

Did that all happen before or after the smoke bomb? If it was before then theres a good case to be made against them. If it was after, then its pretty easy to see why they did it.

Several smoke pellets were activated during the game, but I didn't see any being thrown at or in the direction of Stewards. However, to use the Bradford fire as a metaphor is like comparing Deep Impact to Michael Bentine's Potty Time.

In general Stewards/Cops have it very easy at football matches, however for some reason the Hi-Vizers at Dingwall chose to make life difficult for themselves and us. Were they trying to justify their positions. No matter the reason I witnessed unjustified targetting and victimisation of young lads who merely wished to attend a football match. All the chest-beating, posturing and incidents were caused by over-zealous stewarding, and I do hope as many folks as possible lodge complaints.

Heavy Hands Empty Stands