Smoke Bombs

DEWELL

From what I saw it was a group of immature wee laddies who were a bit boisterous and most of all absolutely harmless but whatever you argue about smoke bombs, they are illegal in our grounds and whilst I personally have no particular feeling whether they should be allowed or not the moment one goes off you attract the stewards' attention and every wee thing will get picked up on.

From what I saw it was a group of immature wee laddies who were a bit boisterous and most of all absolutely harmless but whatever you argue about smoke bombs, they are illegal in our grounds and whilst I personally have no particular feeling whether they should be allowed or not the moment one goes off you attract the stewards' attention and every wee thing will get picked up on.

They were smoke pellets - you know the kinda thing an engineer woud use to test air flow, and the Stewards were imposing their "attention" long before the air was clouded.

Were you even at the game yesterday ? I probably say you werent because if you were the last thing youd be moaning about is my patter you inbred fuck

This thread started out with smoke bombs, but ended up with just the bangers.

• Like 1

I remember when we had this discussion about smoke bombs a while ago on here. I said then I like to SEE the game I paid a lot of money to get in I still don't see what atmosphere they create at a game.

This happened at a rock concert in Sydney.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/16220454/police-praise-heavy-rock-concert-goers/

I remember when we had this discussion about smoke bombs a while ago on here. I said then I like to SEE the game I paid a lot of money to get in I still don't see what atmosphere they create at a game.

This happened at a rock concert in Sydney.

http://au.news.yahoo...-concert-goers/

Lucky nobody had any flares, and we weren't at a rock concert in Australia dry.gif

So we've established there wasn't that many Motherwell fans in Dingwall - therefore there are plenty of seats to choose from. So if you see these guys, and you dont like how they support the team................get off your arse and sit elsewhere

They may well not be everyone's cup of tea, but their efforts are appreciated by most.

I don't like singling people out for criticism - but honestly some people need to have a right good look at themselves. Without these guys, our game is dead. They are the life and soul of the game

maybe so Buxe.................I cant argue with that, but we dont have that many fans!! Most people recognise one another - so what I am saying, is............if you see these guys (they are pretty obvious) and you don't like how they support the team - then don't sit near them.

it might not be to everyone's taste - but these guys put in alot of time, money and effort to support our team and on the whole tryt to make it an enjoyable atmosphere

without them - there is nothing

Were you even at the game yesterday ? I probably say you werent because if you were the last thing youd be moaning about is my patter you inbred fuck

:lol:

What an angry young man.

But they have to do that within certain rules, not condoning or defending

Good shout Buxe.

Despite being in my 50's I'm in the "smoke pellets don't bother me" camp. Its not as if these lads are smashing up seats, mugging pensioners or fighting with rival fans. Their support of the team was the only positive to take from Sarurday's game. Vocal backing very few in C&A deserved.

Don't know what game you were at today. The performance from many of County's stewards was appalling. Confrontational, aggressive and cheeky is how I would describe the aresholes in hi-viz jackets. refusing entry to anyone they chose to victimise, alcohol fuelled or not. They almost caused a riot when manhandling a young lad who was getting Faddy's autograph down at the wall. Confiscating unoffensive flags and in general acting like over-zealous prix.

Would love to see them try those tactics when the Beggarz visit.

Totally agree with every word said, stewards were terrible, and the way they treated the young fan getting faddys autograph was a disgrace, its no wonder fans are turning there back on scottish football the way stewards and police up here treat them, when fans only having a laugh and enjoying themseleves creating abit of atmosphere

I was certainly surprised at the attitude of some of the stewards even before the game started. I think back to the first game of the season when we were welcomed with open arms and everyone couldn't have been more helpful from the locals to the police.

I got a completely different vibe this time, maybe they have experienced some bad incidents from other teams and decided that all visiting fans are the same, I don't know???

I was certainly surprised at the attitude of some of the stewards even before the game started. I think back to the first game of the season when we were welcomed with open arms and everyone couldn't have been more helpful from the locals to the police.

I got a completely different vibe this time, maybe they have experienced some bad incidents from other teams and decided that all visiting fans are the same, I don't know???

A fair assumption that, Special aka mentionioned similar on Saturday. Police seemed to have given the security carte blanche up there too...

In addition, would it not be an infringement of civil liberty or human rights that the local dibble released a person unknown (cough, erm, doesn't rate Higdon type of fella, cough) with footwear removed as evidence and with no offer of replacement footwear? :laugh: A bright moment in what was a forgetable trip... Stinking didn't come into it and he stole a seat at our table somewhere on the return journey :doh:

• Like 2

I think the visiting fan at an SPL ground is the worst treated customer going.

Guy next to me in the ticket queue at killie was having a rant about that, and although in this case he was a bit OTT (complaining about having to go to other side of ground to queue for a ticket) I agreed with his general point!

You pay a lot of money, £20+ a head, plus make the effort to travel and costs incurred to get told where to sit, get grief from confrontational jumped up stewards.... And that's before we get to the conditions in some stadiums, the weather and the product on the park!!!!!

It's no wonder teams bring less than 200 fans to away games!

On the flip side, there are a handful who attach themselves to fans groups who love a bit of cat and mouse with the stewards, and get the rest a bad name.

Motherwell FC would like to acknowledge and thank the many supporters who made the long trip to Dingwall on Saturday.

Colour and vibrancy has become synonymous with our travelling support and it is very much appreciated, particularly by the management staff and players.

Unfortunately however, there were several incidents both before and during the match that has caused difficulty and embarrassment for the club, including five separate smoke canisters.

These incidents were acknowledged by the match commander and will be included in the SPL delegate’s report.

We recognise that it was only a very small minority of our support and that our fans normally enjoy away trips without incident. Events on Saturday however fall way below the usual impeccable standards.

Smoke canisters, fireworks and pyrotechnics are absolutely forbidden from Scottish Football grounds and are frowned upon by Motherwell Football Club and the authorities.

We would ask our fans to refrain from using anything of this nature.