Smoke Bombs

DEWELL

"pisspots"

"noisy and obnoxious"

"300 'Well fans"

"take it to the San Giro or the Greyskulls Arena"

I don't think Motherwell needs your crap ill informed patter and your holier than thou approach.

I don't remember anybody rolling about on the floor, maybe I was too blotto but.

And I'm pretty sure nobody wet themselves as there was 80 odd guys on that bus, and had somebody peed their pants, they'd never be allowed to forget it.

I thank you for repeating some of my main points, but:

YOU said people were wetting their pants;

YOU admit you were blotto;

YOU and our pals' behaviour resulted in the Club having to issue an apology;

YOU won't be missed if you decide to take your poison elsewhere.

I was at the match and I had a drink before the game which is why I was able to comment in an informed way regarding The Mallard. As it says on the tin, you and your mates were a disgrace.

I was at the match and I had a drink before the game which is why I was able to comment in an informed way regarding The Mallard. As it says on the tin, you and your mates were a disgrace.

I was at the match though not in the Mallard before hand so cannot comment on what went on there but the way you are reacting to the events in the ground is so out of proportion. No one travels nearly 200 miles and pays a fortune with the intention of being so drunk as to be disallowed entry, imo if the stewards had not been so hard nosed in the first place then this thread would not be on page 4 already.

If the Bois take their poison elsewhere FP and MFC will be a poorer place for it.

True, but when you were getting pelted in the heid with Double Diamond cans full of pish, wading through streams of steaming boak and running the gauntlet of bears looking for a rumble on the way home, it lost some of its sparkle to many.

There's a reason we are some way off seeing alcohol permitted inside Scottish grounds again, and the reason is there are too many fans across the board that turn having a day out into being a jaikie.

As a nation, we gave the authorities far too much ammunition to treat us like weans and it's been a long road to get them to even consider changing their minds.

Rightly or wrongly, every time an incident as minor as a smoke bomb (which we all know are banned inside stadiums) is brought to their attention, it adds to the difficulty of moving things forward.

There needs to be a middle ground.

Double Diamond was pish :whistling:

1361829184[/url]' post='375156']

I take you enjoy watching a game of football in a ground quiter than a cemetery then? Cos that's exactly what it would be like if it wasn't for these lads!

I take you enjoy watching a game of football in a ground quiter than a cemetery then? Cos that's exactly what it would be like if it wasn't for these lads!

Everybody (or almost everybody) appreciates what they do. Along with many others I have even donated a few bob when possible to help their banner/streamer efforts.

Whether we like it our not, though, smoke bombs/cannisters/fireworks are banned from Scottish grounds. This isn't recent news, and if it gets the club into trouble then, regardless of the motivation behind it, we need to give it a miss.

What it doesn't mean is that we want the rest of the efforts to stop.

Everybody (or almost everybody) appreciates what they do. Along with many others I have even donated a few bob when possible to help their banner/streamer efforts.

Whether we like it our not, though, smoke bombs/cannisters/fireworks are banned from Scottish grounds. This isn't recent news, and if it gets the club into trouble then, regardless of the motivation behind it, we need to give it a miss.

What it doesn't mean is that we want the rest of the efforts to stop.

Comes with the territory, the rest of their efforts go hand in hand with this part of it like it or not. I can put up with it, as can many, we don't get to pick and choose what parts of the Bois activities we like and want to keep and neither does the club. Personally I say let them get on with it, if that's the only thing clubs have to worry about these days then they should consider themselves fucking lucky. Harmless fun IMO.

Comes with the territory, the rest of their efforts go hand in hand with this part of it like it or not. I can put up with it, as can many, we don't get to pick and choose what parts of the Bois activities we like and want to keep and neither does the club. Personally I say let them get on with it, if that's the only thing clubs have to worry about these days then they should consider themselves fucking lucky. Harmless fun IMO.

If the club gets fined they won't care about your (or my) opinion - and that's the potential problem. And they do have to worry about it, because all it takes is one Match Day Commander to get pissed off and all the good work done to get people standing, flags and drums etc. can be undone.

You need to choose your battles and for me, this is the wrong one - although I don't think it's "A DISGRACE"

Harmless fun if it doesn't cost the club dosh, which it shouldn't.

This. If you cost your club money then you're not supporting your club, you're in fact doing the complete opposite.

Maybe we should do what the most fabled Germans do, any fan related fine is passed onto the fans to pay.....

Yes I remember the standing issue was going to cost us money as well, we chose to fight that battle as well because it was unnecessary to enforce that rule the way they the authorities were doing. Far as I can see that battle was won, and the club backed down/came to a sensible compormise whichever way you want to see it. As for this I'm no great lover of the marvellous spectacle that smoke bombs produce but what I am most in favour of is cutting the young lads a bit of slack and stop with the OTT condemnations, club included, realise the benefits these guys bring to the 'matchday experience' and work with them to keep going in the right direction.

Condemning them outright without a thought to the circumstances doesn't help, these smoke bombs are harmless, they're not going to send the stands up in flames and do not warrant the reactions we've been getting. Let's face it they're only doing it for a bit of devilment cos they know it's not allowed, keep on saying 'You can't do that' and guaranteed it will keep on going.

The bois are a most welcome improvement on the matchday experience at Motherwell games and the club should continue to engage with them as much as possible to keep this going and support their efforts.

The smoke pellets however, although visually impressive are not harmless. They burn your throat and if you suffered from asthma could have a pretty negative effect your health. Whilst I like the look of them Id rather not be near one again when they go off.

Now I suppose I could just stay well back from the bois and there activities and problem solved, but then Id be sitting rustling sweety papers with the rest.

Im sure there is a little mischief involved in doing something that your really not supposed to and getting away with it and whilst I think that pushing boundaries can sometimes be quite healthy I hope the bois can find a way to bring folk along for the ride rather than some of the negative reaction we are seeing on here.

As for the drinking and the stewarding, I will leave it to those that were there to decide whether there was any embarrasing behaviour and who by.

I had hoped this thread was dying and I wouldn't have to respond to your post. However, there were more than 300 'Well fans in the stadium and the drunks numbered about 20. Many of the pisspots didn't make it all the way to Victoria Park and that's a plus. Maybe it was you or one of your pals who was on the floor of The Mallard pissed out of his mind an hour before kick-off and maybe it was he or you who wet himself. Most of his/your noisy and obnoxious mates who weren't sitting down in the pub could barely stand up. If that's how you want to behave, take it to the San Giro or the Greyskulls Arena. I don't think we need your "atmosphere".

biggest load of shite ive ever read on here your actually having a go at folk for being noisy and no sitting down in a pub get a life ya sad c**t.the whole piss off to the san giro and greyskull patter is cringeworthy as fuck, i was in the mallard before the game and it was no different to any pubs ive been in for a away game just a load of guys having a bevvy and a laugh causing no bother whatsoever.

We still on about this? The boys make a top effort in bringing in some atmosphere, not to say you wont get the occasional stupid moment but the football would be a fuckin depressing place without them.

I'm more pissed a fellow well fan nicked £20 off me last week, thats the sort or shit we could be doing without.

A quick summary for you from a Dingwall source .................. pyrotechnics were set off in a Dingwall hotel, which was also vandalised. Intelligence from cops in the town was relayed to Match Commander, who along with MFC Security Officer, identified a number of "high risk" individuals who were then prohibited from entering the stadium.

Seems there are 2 sides to every story.

I almost thought of meriting this a serious reply, but c'mon to fuck?

seems the hints of sarcasm regarding my own state of inebriation were missed there.

However who are YOU to tell me, or anybody else where to take their "poison"?

The bois are a most welcome improvement on the matchday experience at Motherwell games and the club should continue to engage with them as much as possible to keep this going and support their efforts.

The smoke pellets however, although visually impressive are not harmless. They burn your throat and if you suffered from asthma could have a pretty negative effect your health. Whilst I like the look of them Id rather not be near one again when they go off.

Now I suppose I could just stay well back from the bois and there activities and problem solved, but then Id be sitting rustling sweety papers with the rest.

Im sure there is a little mischief involved in doing something that your really not supposed to and getting away with it and whilst I think that pushing boundaries can sometimes be quite healthy I hope the bois can find a way to bring folk along for the ride rather than some of the negative reaction we are seeing on here.

As for the drinking and the stewarding, I will leave it to those that were there to decide whether there was any embarrasing behaviour and who by.

My girlfriend doesn't go to games but I know for a fact that something like this would have a severe effect on her health as she has bad asthma.

A nephew of mine who comes along occasionally to Fir Park is in the same position.

As said, they do a lot to improve the atmosphere, but if you ask me letting off smoke bombs is bound to end badly, either in terms of people being arrested or banned, the club being fined or worse still, someone needing medical treatment from inhalation of smoke.

Lock this thead we don't need this being kept in the public eye.

Smoke bombs are illegal yes. It's hardly a common occourance nor will it be.

The club have made a statement and shown to the police and SPL that they are proactive against this which they needed to do.

Unfortunately this has overshadowed and given platform for the unfortunate policing and stewarding around the stadium including the forcefull removal of flags and banners with no reason or warning given.

• Like 1

All this whinging about smoke bombs if you dont want to be near them move to another part of the ground simples our grounds r never full coz of the ar $ eholes that want to sit in silence football is all about atmosphere if u want to sit all nicey nice piss off to the theatre ya snobby twats. Ps I am a42 yr old dad of 2 boys 12 and 8 and they love the Bois and what they r trying to do Football is dying because of keyboard knobs moaning about things like this FACT