Smoke Bombs

DEWELL

All this whinging about smoke bombs if you dont want to be near them move to another part of the ground simples our grounds r never full coz of the ar $ eholes that want to sit in silence football is all about atmosphere if u want to sit all nicey nice piss off to the theatre ya snobby twats. Ps I am a42 yr old dad of 2 boys 12 and 8 and they love the Bois and what they r trying to do Football is dying because of keyboard knobs moaning about things like this FACT

Ah, such poetic use of our beautiful language. I'm tearing up... :cry:

I find it incredible that all the 'bois' and 'bois' supporters can't distinguish being loud and proud as they support the team from mindless acts that are going to cost our club money in fines.

First of all, the vast majority of people on here actually back the all-singing all-dancing section. There are countless threads on games that feature comments from people praising the efforts of those who try to get a bit of an atmosphere going.

There have also been fans who have donated money to the likes of Dee at al for the fantastic projects that have been set up to make our support more colourful.

Some people aren't the type that jump and sing and dance about - which is their absolute right. However, they don't complain that others make a racket.

What a number of people don't agree with is anything that is going to get our club in trouble with the authorities. Throwing paper in our European tie, smoke bombs, throwing plastic cups at Celtic players on live television are all things that are going to harm our club.

How some of you don't understand that I will never, ever know.

Just because people are asking you not to fire smoke bombs or throw bits of paper, it doesn't mean that they don't want you having fun or singing as loud as you possibly can. The irony is brilliant that some of you come running on here calling people "pant wetters" when as soon as someone suggests you've done something wrong, you're the ones that get all pissy about it and try to claim that you're better fans than them.

Or, for Gaz's sake:

See how ur Pure mentul bois? The well r goin 2 b fined cuz sum pure snobby twats at the SFA r no real Football fans like yous Pure maddies.

• Like 4

Ah, such poetic use of our beautiful language. I'm tearing up... :cry:

I find it incredible that all the 'bois' and 'bois' supporters can't distinguish being loud and proud as they support the team from mindless acts that are going to cost our club money in fines.

First of all, the vast majority of people on here actually back the all-singing all-dancing section. There are countless threads on games that feature comments from people praising the efforts of those who try to get a bit of an atmosphere going.

There have also been fans who have donated money to the likes of Dee at al for the fantastic projects that have been set up to make our support more colourful.

Some people aren't the type that jump and sing and dance about - which is their absolute right. However, they don't complain that others make a racket.

What a number of people don't agree with is anything that is going to get our club in trouble with the authorities. Throwing paper in our European tie, smoke bombs, throwing plastic cups at Celtic players on live television are all things that are going to harm our club.

How some of you don't understand that I will never, ever know.

Just because people are asking you not to fire smoke bombs or throw bits of paper, it doesn't mean that they don't want you having fun or singing as loud as you possibly can. The irony is brilliant that some of you come running on here calling people "pant wetters" when as soon as someone suggests you've done something wrong, you're the ones that get all pissy about it and try to claim that you're better fans than them.

Or, for Gaz's sake:

See how ur Pure mentul bois? The well r goin 2 b fined cuz sum pure snobby twats at the SFA r no real Football fans like yous Pure maddies.

R we getting fined or r u just making it up? The paper throwing was a totally different thing as it was drunks up an down east stand who wouldn't normally go smoke bombs in my view ar an irrelevance as I said before snobby twats and keyboard knobs whinging go and piss off to the theatre or even the pictures bet most of the whingers didnt even play footy when they were boys!

Several things I'd say on this matter.

First and foremost I'll start with the stewarding. On arrival to Dingwall the police could not have been more helpful, wishing the first fans to arrive a good day and directing the fans to the closest and best pubs for away fans.

Understandably after a long journey up and time spent in a pub there were going to be drunken fans, but at the end of the day en route to the match there was absolutely no disorder, very little 'exceedingly' drunk individuals nor was there likely to be inside the stadium.

There were a number of foreign fans from clubs in Finland, France, Norway and Denmark in attendance all of which were astonished at the level of stewarding. Several of these fans whom had travelled thousands of miles to attend the game were declined entry on the grounds some 50 year old women stewards believed them to be drunk. One of which has travelled to Germany, every ground in France, to Norway & England amongst several 'Well games... He was refused entry for the first time in his life.

Now for me this was the most ridiculous part of the day is that these guys were on holiday, don't speak exemplary English and therefore could not argue their case. Attempts to fight the corner of fans denied entry went in vein as we know, and I counted 18 individuals being refused entry. Less than a handful of which I'd determine to be too drunk. Those who argued would've otherwise entered the ground trouble free but as a result of their efforts to have these fans see the match, they were sent packing also.

I have never seen fans treated in this manner and when I myself questioned police, they too agreed the stewarding was over the top but were not in a position to contradict them.

It is at this stage where I would ask, where was our safety officer, why were the Fir Park stewards deployed to the gate doing sweet F'A about what was going on and most importantly, where was the mention of this in the club statement?

I acknowledge that the smoke canisters in the stadium are in disagreement to stadium rules, and those who let them off leave themselves in a precarious position when choosing to do so and I fully accept stewarding will change as a result. However, much of the damage was done by the time the smoke was used.

My biggest gripe is the use of the term "embarrassing" in what is a poorly worded knee jerk reaction statement. I would argue the contrary of the guys involved on bringing atmosphere to Fir Park and beyond. Without their passion and noise our support is dead and could be classed up there with as soulless as Accies, Inverness or St Mirren. One incident of smoke canisters most likely not used by any of the main heads up the end of the East does not change the long way the support has come, nor does it change the value these fans bring to our club.

I most certainly wouldn't call the only section in the stadium that consistently closes in on a sell out an embarrassment, but on you go MFC, see where that gets you.