Motherwell V Celtic

Dazzer

I think Faddy starting had the desired effect. After the last two performances everyone was in need of a boost and seeing Faddy starting certainly made me more confident of us getting a result. Maybe it gave the rest of the team a lift too? Let's be honest he's just a class act and showed last night he's still a cut above this level. We're very lucky to have him.

• Like 1

Phew.

It’s difficult to know where to start with last night. A truly memorable result and fantastic performance that will live long in the memory. Wins against Celtic are few and far between but the seethe and purecannaetakeitness that they exude means it never gets boring!

Couldn’t have asked for a better response from the players after the last two games and they did so and then some. From the first whistle to the last they got stuck in and worked tirelessly but with no little skill either. Every player was a MOTM contender and some of the touches and bits of skill from Law, McFadden, Humphrey and Ojamaa in particular were an absolute joy to behold.

I’ve been scathing of the performances and results of the Utd and Ross County games so it’s only fair that I big the players up after last night.

It was great to see Faddy playing and turning in a real virtuoso performance. His dig and desire were inspiring and some of his touches and turns were sublime. There truly is no-one else like him.

After the celebrations had calmed down after Higdon’s excellent finish my thoughts bizarrely immediately turned to the fact that this team will almost certainly be broken up in the summer. Do we realistically have any chance of retaining Higdon, Law and Randolph??

Iain Brines; what a shitebag, bottle merchant, polis bastard he is. How Kayal wasn’t sent off from any one of about 3 shockers is anyone’s guess. Wanyama could’ve/should’ve went n’aw. I didn’t realise how bad he had caught Randolph with his studs in his back till I watched the highlights when I got in! A quick flick through the papers today (to look at the pictures of course!) reveals none of them go into any depth about Kayal in particulars tackles. When you think of what Lasley and Kerr were sent off for….

To summarise.

Always expect the unexpected with Motherwell. It is important that if a few games don’t go our way we keep our heads up. This is advice for myself as much as anything!

Celtic are moaning cheating bastards.

I love James McFadden.

Anyone else notice Hooper constantly grabbing shirts, pulling players back and backing into defenders

Maybe we should seek "clarification" from the SFA.

And that dirty wee barsteward Kayal, never in a million years will he be a football player, he was in there for one reason and one reason only, to kick fuck out of any Motherwell player within a 10 yard radius. All the more funny then when he goes mental when he gets some of his own medicine dished out to him.

After Saturday I didn't see that coming but that is life following the 'Well. Proud of every one of the players, roll on Saturday and the same again.

3 crackin points last night.....which will hope fully drive us in to the top 6 and then 2-4 place and Europa again.

Still along way to go though.

In terms of beating Smeltic.....this is possibly the most valuable (In money wise sense re our final league place) 3 points we have taken off them for some time.

Again totally unexpected bonus points after Saturday :notworthy:

Didn't notice it on the TV but regardless, the wee man had a stormer. I'm glad he is on our team and not playing against us.

Also noticed that at one point when we were attacking, (corner i think) and Celtic broke. Humphrey ran from outside right to left back position chasing back. Out-fkn-standing effort! They all put in a hard shift today. Lets keep it up with only 5 games to the split.

We almost lost a goal from him doing that as the man he was chasing was Hammell's man. Hammell was never catching him right enough but Humphrey's decision to overtake Hammell meant he left a man spare in the middle and there was no communication between them to get Hammell to stay inside.

Left us with two players chasing their man and no-one covering the spare man that Humphrey ignored...we were lucky the pass into the middle was poor.

Not really a criticism of Humphrey, more general communication, but he seemed so focused on making up the ground that Hammell couldn't, he didn't let him know he was taking over.

We bit on Faddys performance last night McFadden I'm No Shirker

Cheers for posting. I'm particularly pleased to see the reference in there to Craig Levein as it was one of the things that came to mind last night after the dust settled.

Given how McFadden's game had clearly changed from the free attacking role he had with us in his youth to a more rounded role down in England his remarks after that Scotland game seemed out of place from Levein. Looked even more stupid on last night's evidence.

I think we got pretty much along the lines what he hoped for in an attacking sense from Faddy - though I await his first goal back in C&A with relish. But it was some of the other elements of his game - the leadership and ability to organise and cajole, the experience to identify weaknesses and opportunities and the tracking back that really pleased, particularly when he isn't fully fit yet.

Very impressed with what I saw I last night indeed.

Anyone who thinks any differently from this is letting their heart rule their head.

I'm not having a go at anyone when I say that - I do it all the time myself, but I just can't talk myself into it tonight. I'd take 0-3 just now with no injuries or red cards for us.

Quite happy to admit I haven't got a clue! :cheers::yahoo::laugh:

At least it wisnae a smoke bomb. We'll need to start a seven page thread on throwing paper cups now.

All this whinging about cups if you dont want to be near them dont drink oot them simples our drinks come in cans n stuff too and ar$holez that want to drink without throwing them should piss of to the opera ya snobby twats. Ps I am a47 yr old dad of 2 girls 1 cup and they love this $h1t and what they r trying to do Football is dying because of keyboard knobs moaning about cups FACT

• Like 5

All this whinging about cups if you dont want to be near them dont drink oot them simples our drinks come in cans n stuff too and ar$holez that want to drink without throwing them should piss of to the opera ya snobby twats. Ps I am a47 yr old dad of 2 girls 1 cup and they love this $h1t and what they r trying to do Football is dying because of keyboard knobs moaning about cups FACT

:laugh: