Motherwell V Celtic

Dazzer

Okie dokie.

Here we go we welcome Celtic to Fir Park.

Line Ups and predicted expectations

Not sure what to expect from the match, to be honest,as I didnt see a good thumping on the cards last match, But Motherwell are nothing if not frustrating to watch, I suppose we expect to get a good thrashing, but stranger things have happend this season.

Ill stick my neck on the line and suggest maybe a point is on the cards, we played well against these guys last time and arguably might of sneaked it.

Last prerformance was poor, and listening to McCall he wasnt happy one but, He normally rallys behind the troops, but publically berated his team Hopefully this has the desired effect.

I would prob stick with the same team as last match, give them a chance of righting and wrong as such.

Yes collectivley we were poor, some individual blunders, need to be put to one side and have a real go at them.

ZFA might not have had a great game, amongst others, but would like to see him start again, we cant revert back to type, or put a defencive team out as they will break it down and end up wacking us.

Might as well go for it. Attacking line up on the chance of an upset. (If we dont try we will never know).

1.1 PREDICTION.

• Like 1

-----------------------------Randolph-------------------------------

Hateley---------Hutchinson-------Ramsden------Hammell

Law--------------Lasley------------Carswell-------Higginbotham

-------------------Higdon-------------McFadden-----------------------

Not sure if Hammell and Hateley are fit but I'd have them back in the starting line up if available. Don't see Humphrey having any effect against Celtic so hopefully he'll get dropped as he's a waste of a jersey when he's not on his game. Ojamaa hasn't linked up well with Higdon recently, McFadden could have the magic to unlock their defence if given the chance from the start as the game will probably be lost by the time he comes on as a sub.

• Like 1

No danger would I start with the same team as Saturday if all are fit!!!

Hateley at right-back and Hammell in at left-back for starters. It was 2-0 going on 10-0 in the first game of the season with ZFA at left-back, Cummins in central defence and Ramsden floating about in some nether world between defence and midfield.

Thereafter McCall has some decisions to make. After a seriously iffy first 10 minutes at Parkhead as the team bedded into a slightly unfamiliar formation we did pretty well. We don't have Murphy this time but would he willing to sacrifice Higdon again for Higginbotham or perhaps McFadden?

Will he continue with Carswell in the side or revert back to the Lasley-Law midfield duo?

In terms of McFadden I might well be tempted to chuck him in. Expectation levels are likely to be as low as they possibly could be and if it does goes as many will fear, well at least he'll have 45/60/90 minutes behind him as he looks to gain match sharpness. And you never know his involvement might invoke the spirit of that joyous September evening in 2002!

• Like 1

I'm normally one to say having a go at them could bring us a point , as many other teams have done against them this season . But , us being Motherwell , even when we do have a go and merit something for our efforts , we get the usual hard boot in the stones , like the penalty miss and quick fire counter at Parkhead last time out .

Hoping for the best , but fearing the worst . On current form 0-3 would be my prediction .

Time to roll up the sleeves and get right in there - who's the ref? The guys at the back need to get some nuts and stop giving respect. Not a night for sandancers so get the team filled with as much experience as we have and get stuck in. I am fed up rolling over for this lot, so give us a battling performance like Skippy Sunday.

Mon the 'Well.

4-0 Celtic with them playing at walking pace just as they were the last time they were at Fir Park.

We'll turn in our usual gutless display that we have come to expect in 'big' games and I reckon that not only will we fail to score, again, but we won't even get a shot in target.

Our midfield will be completely overpowered both physically and footballing wise and our ropey defence will ensure that Randolph will have his work cut out for him and just like in September, he is the only thing standing between us and a humiliating scoreline.

Oh aye, and no doubt we'll get someone sent off aswell.

The sooner this ones out the way the better.

• Like 1

Concerning times. Losing becomes a habit and we have lost four on the spin away from home and after this we have really hard away games in Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Losing five on the bounce suddenly looks a real possibility.

Celtic's performance at Fir Park in September was as good as I have seen them since Samaras tore us apart before the Nancy game. And even that was assisted by us being woeful. If they play like that again we will lose no matter what level of performance Motherwell turn in.

For me Humphrey is a key player in this one. We generally keep Izaguirre quiet when he is about as he is scared of his pace. I'm inclined that we play him on the right, return Law to the middle with Carswell and fire Ojamaa out left. We can then try and play Faddy just off Higdon. In doing that Faddy will probably only last a half and we can then decide how to play with it at half time depending on how the game is going.

The defence is entirely dependent on the fitness of Hateley and Hammell. Hopefully Hateley makes it because Cummins just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid and that way Ramsden can move inwards. This isn't the game for throwin in Saunders.

I generally don't look forward to OF games due to their fans sitting beside us in the POD Stand. Families being targeted now but still a pretty poor atmosphere and halftime can be very awkward.

If we ever find ourselves cuffing them at HT in an important game for them.....yes I know..... there will be bother.

This game on Sky Sports 2 or 3 then?

Key for me is to try something completely alien to McCall and pack the midfield.

Hopefully be able to stick with our first choice back 4, stick carswell and lasley directly in front of them as rigid defensive midfielders protecting the back 4. Stick law marginally in front of those 2 as the creative outlet.

We need to look at something a wee bit different up front too. Stick in ojamaa from the right, higdon up front and higginbotham on the left but constantly switch the wide two round and pop up in the areas between their defence and midfield.

That means no place for humphrey because I think izaguirre is too good to fall for the knock it and run approach and Humphrey would become ineffective. I think he would be a good option from the bench though. We need a bit of a shift here and that's why I went for the two to support higdon.

I don't think this is a game for a half-fit faddy to start.

Essentially im going for a 4-2-1-2-1 formation, keeping it tight and using the mobility of ojamma and Higginbotham and creativity of law to break forward. Without the ball this should turn into a 4-5-1. this approach might stifle creativity slightly but its a fairly similar way to how Dundee united played against us last week and it worked very well.

Last time I posted tactical suggestions before the game we lined up exactly as I suggested, more than likely by sheer coincidence, we got beat! I really think though if we are to get something against Celtic then this is the ideal approach to take!

We will lose after playing them off the pitch for the first half an hour!

Unless of course McCall grows a set worthy of this team and we go all out attack! God forbid!

Can't keep McFadden of all players on the bench. Drop lasley in midfield and make them adjust mid game.

Randy, hateley, Hutchison, cummins, hammell, law, higginbotham, Humphrey, McFadden, ojamaa, higdon.

Allow ZFA and Mchugh to come on when required!

Give them hell!

We will lose after playing them off the pitch for the first half an hour!

Unless of course McCall grows a set worthy of this team and we go all out attack! God forbid!

Can't keep McFadden of all players on the bench. Drop lasley in midfield and make them adjust mid game.

Randy, hateley, Hutchison, cummins, hammell, law, higginbotham, Humphrey, McFadden, ojamaa, higdon.

Allow ZFA and Mchugh to come on when required!

Give them hell!

that team has got 0-5 all over it

you need to go and get your head checked