Motherwell V Celtic

Dazzer

seen the 2nd half on tv after getting back from work we really needed those 3 points.

The workrate from Ojamaa, humphrey and faddy was the platform for the result they gave wanyama and the 2 celtic full backs a torrid time. Great composure on the ball from them and nicky law as well

Fantastic finish from magic michael Higdon as many a striker would have missed that and a great save from Randy from Ledley at 2-1 as well

Thats the 1st time in a while we've got in the faces of celtic and it seemed to work

Mon the 'Well :notworthy:

Tonight was the classic 'Rollercoaster' evening as a Well fan.

Lost our previous 2 games that we thought we should have won.

A game tonight that we look at as damage limitation.

We go one up and hopes are up.

They equalise and we all wait for the inevitable onslaught.

We go ahead again and to be fair we deserved it.

The final whistle goes and we all go mental!!!! :thumbup:

The joys of being a Well fan. I wouldnt have it any other way :cheers:

You can say that again :drinks:

[/size]

Thought the ref was quite good tonight myself! Played some crucial advantages for both teams and kept his cards in his pocket as best he could...

Fair play Gazzy, in my opinion there's a difference between letting the game flow and genuinely just refusing to give blatant fouls. How Kayal didn't see red is a total bemusement to me. 4 bookable offences in the game and multiple other fouls.

He gave Celtic a throw in from a header right in front of us that he was 2 yards from and didn't see the ball clearly role down the Celtic players neck and back.

But anyway as I said earlier we still won so fuck it.....

On such a HIGH.....

Typical Motherwell. I had us down for potentially 6th or even 7th this evening. Us winning was monumental, but every other game ending in a draw was the icing on the cake.

Wish I had the balls at 5-1 odds.

Missed the game due to business and still expected to get reamed. Watched the game in a pub down south and when Higgy scored I think I caused 2 ladies to have a heart attack.

I was swithering about Swinecastle, but even at £25 I think I will head along. The boys deserve my backing after that effort tonight.

No doubt we will hand Hearts their 1st win in 6 games. There I go again :evilgrin:

Thats the 1st time in a while we've got in the faces of celtic and it seemed to work

That's exactly what we did and that's why we won IMO. We all know Celtic have quality players in their side but too often in the recent past we've stood and admired them as they strolled past us. Tonight we didn't give them a minute to settle, we chased them and got in their faces at every turn, Law especially but Lasley too put in a superb shift in the engine room and even when they levelled we didn't allow the heads to drop, as they often have done whenever we concede in these types of games. We just picked ourselves up and went back at them and we got our rewards as a result.

Tonight was just like the good old days of the 1990s with Motherwell matching Celtic at Fir Park, and beating them through hard graft and giving their better players no respect whatsoever.

Delightful to watch. :cheers:

• Like 2

Just saw the goals on SSN. Excellant assists by Law. Two good finishes aswell.

Fuck me Lennon is a bitter tit. Making out like Celtic dominated the game. Man up!!!

Indeed! I let out a hearty stream of abuse towards the telly when I saw that wee snippet. I haven't really paid too much attention to him recently but that carry on after they lost to Juventus and those comments illustrate that little has changed down Parkhead and being magnanimous in defeat is clearly a quality they continue to lack.

Fuck him!

Superb result and performance, never envisaged that we would have won going into the game but we showed a hunger and passion tonight that has been missing recently. McFadden was excellent giving it his all and that seemed to shine through the whole team. When I saw the line up i feared the worst but they were all good with Humphrey and Higdon taking their goals well, but Law stole the show with his 2 assists. Celtic were really poor with Randolph having next to nothing to do and Ramsden, Cummins and Hutchie all had good games at the back.

Anyone else see the full build up to the first goal?

Faddy ran back to talk to Randolph as he was getting ready to take a goal kick. Faddy clearly said stick out left on to my head and i'll win it over Mathews.

Randolph kicks left, Faddy wins header and flicks inside, one touch pass to Law and he's off and running and you all know what happened next.

For me that's one thing Faddy doesn't get enough credit for - he worked out a plan to break them down and not just by running at them.

Also I can't believe Kayal and Wanyama didn't get sent off, both had been booked and then committed further bokkable offences - Brines bottled it.

Nicky Law has to be one of the most intelligent/gifted midfielders i've ever seen at Fir Park.

The way he checked back onto his right foot for our winner rather than try to cross with his left foot was sublime.

He always plays with his head up looking for options.

Hope we can keep him in the summer :notworthy:

• Like 1

Grit, courage, determination with just the right amount of skill and flair thrown in. Just like and old fashioned game of fitba!

Some of that every week and the attendances might just start to go up.

Had forgotten what it felt like to want something so badly you were sh***ing yourself.

Fantastic TEAM effort. Well done boys.

• Like 1

Grit, courage, determination with just the right amount of skill and flair thrown in. Just like and old fashioned game of fitba!

Some of that every week and the attendances might just start to go up.

Had forgotten what it felt like to want something so badly you were sh***ing yourself.

Fantastic TEAM effort. Well done boys.

+1

I was shouting at the TV watching the game my breaky landing on the floor when Higdon scored :laugh: