Motherwell V Hibernian

SteelmaninOZ

dont think we'll see a Motherwell v Hibs game on a Saturday at 3 O'Clock for a while

it nearly always produces the sort of stats the tv companies will love

Just something about this tie ,always produces. Great entertainment though not always pretty.

First things first, when Lasley and Law both went off injured I didn't rate our chances very highly but fair play to Hateley and Carswell they had an excellent second half. They are both players I've criticized this season but Carswell has just begun to show signs that he might be ready for this level of football although he is still quite raw. On top of having a good game in midfield Hateley got a goal.

Now three goals that will live long in the memory. First a 20th league goal of the season by a Motherwell striker, secondly an excellent come back goal from my all time favourite Motherwell player and what seemed from the far end of the East Stand as a goal of the season contender from Kallum Higginbotham. Absolutely superb goals from all of them.

I thought we were unlucky to go behind in the first half. OK, we didn't cause them too many problems but I thought we had most of the ball.

Second half - that is why I'm a Motherwell fan. Just...just...brilliant.

• Like 1

First things first, when Lasley and Law both went off injured I didn't rate our chances very highly but fair play to Hateley and Carswell they had an excellent second half. They are both players I've criticized this season but Carswell has just begun to show signs that he might be ready for this level of football although he is still quite raw. On top of having a good game in midfield Hateley got a goal.

Now three goals that will live long in the memory. First a 20th league goal of the season by a Motherwell striker, secondly an excellent come back goal from my all time favourite Motherwell player and what seemed from the far end of the East Stand as a goal of the season contender from Kallum Higginbotham. Absolutely superb goals from all of them.

I thought we were unlucky to go behind in the first half. OK, we didn't cause them too many problems but I thought we had most of the ball.

Second half - that is why I'm a Motherwell fan. Just...just...brilliant.

No point in me posting. Was just about to type everything you said.... cheers!!

Carswell the last few games has come on and really really played well and strengthened the midfield. He is disciplined in that position and offers really good defensive cover. Plus he really is a strong lad, very rarely knocked off the ball, starting to bulk up well.

I thought all the youngsters did well off the bench tonight, Cummins is also starting to prove me wrong, kept The Rat quiet and looked solid.

Absolutely buzzing about this game, everyone was talking about Faddy leavin the ground and watching a player like him makes you go home with a smile on your face. The guy is a pure footballing entertainer.

Brilliant night.

Wee bit unlucky to be 1-0 down at half time although it was very poor play from Hammell that led to the cross before a toiling Lasley lost his man.

With Law not reappearing for the 2nd half I feared the worst but we had the bit between our teeth, partly triggered by Higdon and McPake.

Faddy was majestic, his goal was sublime and you could see it coming all night. Couldn't have been far from the spot he scored against Partick last time round. I love the guy.

Outstanding goal from Higginbotham. He's frustrating to watch at times but the execution of his strike highlighted his technique. Ojamaa again ran his balls off and plays a significant role in setting the tempo.

Great performances all round with Randolph and Hutchison showcasing why they are destined to play at a higher level. A major positive for me though was Carswell. He's starting to look like he could have a prominent future with us.

As an exile i only get to a couple of games a season so to see us on TV is a massive bonus.

Tonight and the Celtic game have both been a joy to watch and some of the football we play is sublime!

I must admit i feared the worst at the start of the second half tonight when Law didnt reappear.

I needn't have worried as we absolutely destroyed Hibs in the 2nd half and Higginbothams goal was as good a goal as youll see anywhere this season!

Nice to hear McCall commit to his new contract and even if we do lose a couple of key players i have every confidence that he will bring in players who will be more than adequate replacements.

It's a good time to be a Well fan and lets hope we get that 2nd place that we so deserve :cheers:

Thought we might struggle to get back into it after half time, being a goal down and minus Lasley and Law, happy to be proved wrong.

Carswell and Hateley done brilliantly in the second half, have always rated Carswell pretty highly and it's good to know he can come in and do a good job when needed, certainly think he'll be challenging for a starting place on merit, not through injury to other players, pretty soon.

McFadden was fantastic, Ojamma put in a power of work, Hutchy was solid, Higgy grabbing his usual goal and Higginbotham scoring a sublime goal despite having a quiet game.

A great nights work, well done.

Can some IT expert post a picture of Higgy's GIRUY to McPake, he fucking shat it when the big man was coming at him, he usually thinks he a ticket tonight but Higgy put the fear into him lol.

Higdon tonight was also excellant by the way, top class target man, great finish and link up play and even though he was kicked around the pitch stood his ground.