Motherwell V Hibernian

SteelmaninOZ

Wonderfull 2nd half performance and it should've been 5 cos Hately's free-kick in the first half was over the line too. :thumbup: .Come on MJC a wee bit of praise

MJC has been praising them. Fair play. Also, Hateley free kick over the line? Naw it wisnae.

With all the chat about the great performance, I'm sure it didn't escape anyones's attention just how bad the ref was.

How the hell did McPake stay on the pitch?!?! He wasn't even booked!

I can't find in any of the highlights packages going about any footage of his challenge on Higdon either. Is that not the type of thing Vincent Lunny should be looking at?

Second half last night was as good as I've seen from us since McCall has been here, possibly even since McGhee's first season. The football we played was beautiful and three of our four goals were the result of brilliant team play.

Like someone said above though, it's gutting to watch that knowing we are out the cup and aren't going to win any silverware and the likes of Hearts and St.Mirren, who have had pish seasons compared, one of them is going to win the league cup tomorrow and that Hibs team whom we ripped apart last night have a great chance of reaching the Scottish Cup Final. Just one of the joys of being a Motherwell fan I suppose but I live in hope that one day we'll win one of the cups again, hopefully sooner rather than later.

With all the chat about the great performance, I'm sure it didn't escape anyones's attention just how bad the ref was.

How the hell did McPake stay on the pitch?!?! He wasn't even booked!

I can't find in any of the highlights packages going about any footage of his challenge on Higdon either. Is that not the type of thing Vincent Lunny should be looking at?

MFCTV has extended highlights which show the stud rake

If no action is taken by Vincent Lunny against a player who deliberately lifts his hands and strikes an opponent in the face then the "Compliance" procedure is totally discredited. End of.

Never saw a slap was it during Higdon's altercation with McPake or was it the reason McFadden went to the Ref later on?

If no action is taken by Vincent Lunny against a player who deliberately lifts his hands and strikes an opponent in the face then the "Compliance" procedure is totally discredited. End of.

When did that happen?

Thought the mcpake kick out at higdon was very similar to Randolph v hearts.

He's a dirty B in the Jim Goodwin mould.

The hand strike was Claros on Faddy I think. Happened in the centre cirle. Faddy wad going forward and Claros definitely caught him. Faddy stopped playing and complained to the ref as Claros nipped off with the ball. Its in the MFCTV highlights reel but seeing as it won't be on sportscene tomorrow it won't be picked up on.

Not convinced there was a whole lot of intention from Claros but Faddy was pretty pissed off by it.

I think to be fair to Collum, the McPake rake tackle was on the blind side of him, he can't see through Higdon to see what he is up to so I don't really blame him for not seeing it, likewise the Claros one on McFadden. To be honest I don't think either were worthy of a red card, I would expect an SPL referee to have booked McPake and used some man management skills to defuse the Claros/McFadden incident without cards. To me the purpose of Mr Lunny is to stamp out unacceptable conduct and violent behaviour - my opinion is that this season his use has been much more appropriate and consistent than last and whilst we may have been the wronged party on this occasion I don't want to see incidents like that being pulled up retrospectively,

• Like 1

I think to be fair to Collum, the McPake rake tackle was on the blind side of him, he can't see through Higdon to see what he is up to so I don't really blame him for not seeing it, likewise the Claros one on McFadden. To be honest I don't think either were worthy of a red card, I would expect an SPL referee to have booked McPake and used some man management skills to defuse the Claros/McFadden incident without cards. To me the purpose of Mr Lunny is to stamp out unacceptable conduct and violent behaviour - my opinion is that this season his use has been much more appropriate and consistent than last and whilst we may have been the wronged party on this occasion I don't want to see incidents like that being pulled up retrospectively,

Fuck that, the c**t banned Higdon for celebrating a goal, he's made a rod for his own back so should be doing his job consistently. Gone awfy quiet this season.

Near the halfway line right in front of the POD Stand. There was a challenge, the ball moved away and then Claros slapped/struck Henrik in the face. The 4th official and perhaps the linesman would have seen it plainly.

Cool, never saw that at game. You know what time? Got it taped, so will watch it back, excuse to watch goals again too!

:))

About 85 minutes there was a great shimmy between 2 players in the centre circle by (a knackered) faddy. The view from the main stand on ESPN doesn't do the footwork justice, but you hear the reaction from the crowd!

100%

He went through them like they were not there. Genius