Motherwell V Hibernian

SteelmaninOZ

Not a Motherwell specific problem, but a Friday night game, live on TV, at £23 is hardly likely to persuade the hibs fans to sack off the pub or a few cans in the house and come through to Motherwell.

I wouldn't be going if it were at Easter road.

Anyway, apart from griffiths, hibs are shite, think we have a full squad other than Humphrey being doubtful?

I fancy we can win, 3-1.

The 4-0 game was a freak! 3 refereeing decisions at crucial times completely changed the course of the game, 2 were definitely wrong, the 1st penalty was soft too. I don't think anyone in the ground could believe we were 3-0 down!!

The 0-4 game was also on TV and hibs brought about 2000 fans through

Not a Motherwell specific problem, but a Friday night game, live on TV, at £23 is hardly likely to persuade the hibs fans to sack off the pub or a few cans in the house and come through to Motherwell.

Anyway, apart from griffiths, hibs are shite, think we have a full squad other than Humphrey being doubtful?

I fancy we can win, 3-1.

The 4-0 game was a freak! 3 refereeing decisions at crucial times completely changed the course of the game, 2 were definitely wrong, the 1st penalty was soft too. I don't think anyone in the ground could believe we were 3-0 down!!

Did we also miss a PK in that game?

I agree, the £22 we charge visiting fans is not going to encourage any boost, Friday night or otherwise

The 0-4 game was also on TV and hibs brought about 2000 fans through

was a big support that night with hibs, massive organised displays etc from Sect 43, masses of cheap travel buses arranged from a supporters forum, and they were flying at the time, looking forward to a Cup tie with Hearts the following weekend huge buzz about their team at the time, but I didnt think it was 2000, total crowd was 5301?

I thought their big support was the previous Friday December game, they brought 1460 fans, who all enjoyed welcoming their new manager and benefited from £10 entry and it was not televised, season ticket holders also got free friends ticket, crowd that night was 6741

either way, the full price , Televised game on Friday night, had quite a hugeimpact on the Motherwell support, which should be the primary concern

I would prefer Saturday 3:00pm kick offs with midweek games for cup ties etc like it used to be (when it was very affordable to attend games). Just means I have to stay up till about 3:30am Sunday morning.

However, with Fridays game at 7:45pm ko I get to watch it at breaky time Saturday morning here.:thumbup:

'Well fans in other countries have their time differences to juggle with as well.

aye - quite good to go to the fitba straight from work and get a couple of pints knowing you don't have to bother about work the next day (if you do m-f 9to5 that is)

I've always enjoyed night games under the floodlights, makes for a better atmosphere.

That said, I'm not going.

aye - quite good to go to the fitba straight from work and get a couple of pints knowing you don't have to bother about work the next day (if you do m-f 9to5 that is)

I've always enjoyed night games under the floodlights, makes for a better atmosphere.

That said, I'm not going.

Why not? :whistling:

the score wont be 1-0. whistling.gif

Devastated as I cant watch the game tomorrow night (Girlfriend coming over laugh1.gif ) so will be avoiding the score until saturday morning/11:30 when I get home. thumbup.gif

Also, have we played a friday night game against anyone but hibs? SPL should realise these games are shite mellow.gif

EDIT: Felt bad laugh.giffacepalm.gif