Motherwell V Hibernian

SteelmaninOZ

We are being spoiled at the moment.

Since Malpas left, we have had (in no particular order)

Porter

Clarkson

McCormack

Murphy

Sutton

Jutkiewicz

Blackman

Higdon

Ojaama

and now McFadden

Aye, we've been spoiled. Name any other SPL side that has had that combination of goalscorers and exciting players in that time..

We all like a moan (myself included), but this has been a golden era...

Porter

Clarkson

McCormack

Murphy

Sutton

Jutkiewicz

Blackman

Higdon

Ojaama

and now McFadden

Aye, we've been spoiled. Name any other SPL side that has had that combination of goalscorers and exciting players in that time..

Even when Malpas was here we had Scott McDonald who to my mind is probably the second best striker we've had at the club in my time behind Tommy Coyne.

Just as well as he almost single handedly keep us up that season!

2nd half was unbelievable . Some sublime Faddy inspired football , and real quality finishing .

First half was so-so , and was sceptical of our chances minus Las and Law , but spurred on by the Higdon incident and some typically pish refereeing from Collum we totally dominated them in what turned out to be one of the best halves of football we have seen at Fir Park in some time .

McFadden is inspirational , but for me Higgy also deserves special praise as he has done the business all season with an invaluable haul of goals , and some of his link up play is fantastic , love the big guy .

Mon the Well !

Porter

Clarkson

McCormack

Murphy

Sutton

Jutkiewicz

Blackman

Higdon

Ojaama

and now McFadden

And I've missed all of it cray.gif

Fantastic performance and result last night right through the team, but McFadden was just phenomenal. The speed of his feet to get the ball past Stevenson, Done and pretty much everyone was the mark of someone special. Blew my voice out on comms when he scored, as well as the hairs on back of neck standing up. It was like I was 16 again.

Regardless of your opinion of him, Higgy is officially a Well legend now. 20 SPL goals and counting this term, scored the goal(s) that ensured Champions League fitba last season and the way he dealt with McPake last night was immense. Would like to see how much is made of McPake's "Randolph" incident. Maybe the goals will put that to the back of folks minds, where Randolph's kick at the Hearts player was the games only talking point, but Higgy was right to be aggrieved then shove it in McPake's face. His header was trademark and his link up play just gets better and better.

Higginbotham's goal. I'll leave it at that.

Hateley and Carswell in the middle were solid and you'd have thought that was the regular partnership. Hope Law and Las can shake off the knocks, but if the other two can keep that kind of performance up, I'd like to see how it materialises.

Big Hutch had Griffiths in his pocket the whole night and the service to him was cut off brilliantly.

Fantastic effort.

#COYW

We've had some wonderful results and performances over the last few years but that felt pretty special last night. Arguably one of the finest forty-five minutes we've played in goodness knows how long.

McFadden at his very best and toying with Hibs, Higdon getting his landmark goal, two outstanding goals, coming from behind, overcoming the supremely petty and inconsistent Collum and all this with a re-jigged team as the core of the midfield had gone off injured. It was sensational stuff.

I didn't think we'd done a lot wrong in the first half with the exception of working their keeper more. There was maybe 10 - 15 tops when they scored against the run of play and should have scored with that corner but other than that felt we had dominated and played some good stuff.

The second half was just a joy to beyold though. With Law having gone off to join Las in the stand and the re-worked team I felt as we kicked off that I'd glady take a point at that stage but it was great to see the way we began the half. Got stuck right in, pinned them back in and around their box and the goal was fully deserved when it came.

Thereafter we just went from strength to strength and were absolutely flying. Thought McFadden's goal was brilliant. It was what we'd all been waiting for since his return (especially those who had money on him at 2/1 any time scorer :whistling:) but even that was eclipsed by Higginbotham's wonder strike.

Some typically Randolpheque shot-stopping and Hateley's fourth was the proverbial icing on the cake.

A great win on so many levels. For the performance and significance of the result obviously, but it ensures no hangover over the international break after a dodgy result and puts the pressure back on the chasing pack today as well.

If there was a down side the fact it was live on TV across the UK with no other games for competition will have meant that many of our out of contract players will have been seen by managers and scouts and their displays surely won't have gone unnoticed.

But happy to worry that another day and bask in the glories of last night for a bit longer yet.

I thought Stuart McCall got his tactics spot on last night. To limit The Thumb to virtually no chances all night AND score 4 given how shaky our defence has looked all season is a great effort. The team looked a lot more balanced as well with McFadden on the right and wee Higgy on the left.

Gonnae sign that contract now gaffer!

Just WOW. So much to be pleased about last night dont know where to start.

Faddy showed he is still an incredible talent and is a cut above the SPL, he pissed all over hibs, they simply couldnt handle him. And his energy seemed to inspire other players. Higgy sticking it right up mcpake - not just his taunt after the goal but he had him absolutely rattled, properly put the fear into him. Higginbothams goal is absolute class - if van persie scores that goal we hear about it for seasons to come! I think Carswell is improving with every game. What I like about him is he is a real ball winner, very strong in the tackle but he knows when to stay on his feet and when to commit. I have always thought that he needs more comporsure on the ball but watchin him set up Higginbotham it looks like that might come. Hateley too did well in the middle of the park. Cummins is another who is looking more and more mature with each game and Hutchy is beginning to prove that he can lead the line. Just brilliant - up there with the best second half performance I have seen.

However, how mcpake and claros escaped bookings last night is a mystery.

Watching the highlights there, I loved Higdon's goal. He had two Hibs players grappling and shoving him but you would never have known. Never, ever understood the grief he received from some on here. I know we're going to lose some players in the summer but I'm really, really hoping we can convince him to stay.

Good time for a floodlit win against Hibs, with a good crowd behind the Well. Humphrey if fit is a bonus as he troubles them with his pace and direct play. I have a feeling about James McFadden really turning it on in this one and marking his return with a goal.

Got that one right

• Like 1

It's friday night it's live on the telly it's Hibs it's A MARVELLOUS VICTORY!!!!! :yahoo: .Higgyarses goal is one of the best i've ever seen at the Ark. Wonderfull 2nd half performance and it should've been 5 cos Hately's free-kick in the first half was over the line too. :thumbup: .Come on MJC a wee bit of praise surely. Im DELIGHTED to say i got my pre match prediction totally wrong....Not for the fist time this season. :blush: