League Re-Construction

gilmour

Re construction is a very emotive subject just now what way will you go if approved.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If yes to re-construction under the proposed new set up what way will you go.

• I will renew my season ticket.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and never attend again.
    • I will not renew my season ticket but PATG for all games.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and PATG for all non Spl games
    • I'm PATG and won't attend again.
    • I'm PATG and won't attend any Spl game again.

I have tried to cover this as best I can for all supporters and their views as this is becoming a very topical issue. But if I have missed you're particular view out please feel free to post you're stance.

Just wish to add It is not my intention to place any pressure on the board in its decision making, I feel there is a vastly silent majority on this subject and just wish to get a feeling of fans views whether they post on the topic or not.

I'll renew.

To be honest I find it pretty sad that while the proposed setup doesn't fit with most fans ideas of how we need to be moving the game forward (myself included) that people are prepared to just chuck it.

At the moment I'd be much happier to keep the status quo while introducing the financial changes, voting changes, mergers of the governing bodies and play off/more relegation and promotion places.

I remember being extremely skeptical of the split when it was introduced. I know it still has doubters too, but I think its been one of our leagues few redeeming features in recent times. I'm prepared to give it a go safe in the knowledge that if it fails it can be changed again.

Not happy with the proposals but there's more to going to Motherwell games than the game. I've built up so many good friendships over the decades it's just not feasible to imagine not going. Away games are out the equation for me though, too expensive, can't be bothered, getting auld. I've hated the SPL and indeed the Premier League since it's inception so this is just the latest in a long line of shite management decisions which won't drive me away from doing what I do.

I'll still go, whether I buy a season ticket or PATG will be down to personal finances, not league reconstruction.

I do wonder reading the knee-jerk "I'll not be back" posts whether folk are looking for a reason to not be back? Perhaps they want a scapegoat or big bad wolf to blame to vindicate the decision not to come back.

Or is Scottish football shit, overpriced and fucked up on so many levels that many folk are on the brink of such a decision.

:lol:

Or perhaps the Internet gives folk a platform to spout this "I'll no' be back" line.

My dad told me leaving brockville ~1989 with chants of "McLean must go" ringing in our ears "we'll no be back", we were, for another 23 years.

:lol:

Im PATG. I pick and choose my games anyway for a whole host of reasons. The prposals for League construction are just another disincentive for fans that are already pissed off. It will hardly drive up attendances.

Any chance of a button to vote. PATG will wait and see how things turn out before committing to anything?

Im PATG. I pick and choose my games anyway for a whole host of reasons. The prposals for League construction are just another disincentive for fans that are already pissed off. It will hardly drive up attendances.

Any chance of a button to vote. PATG will wait and see how things turn out before committing to anything?

I think the votes so far show that our hardcore support are pretty much there for the duration, regardless of what utter shambles the earless SPL/SFL create. I'd imagine this will be the case at most clubs. The trouble is that our hardcore is not overly sizeable, nor is it elsewhere really, and I do not see anything from the reconstruction proposals that will encourage floating fans to attend more regularly or attract new fans to the game.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the SPL/SFL anymore, or any other Club for that matter. I used to attend games as a neutral, was a real football fan - but I'm lost to the game now. If the administrators don't care about fans' opinions then fuck them.

Motherwell is my team, always has been, and always will be regardless of the League structures.

• Like 2

I think the votes so far show that our hardcore support are pretty much there for the duration, regardless of what utter shambles the earless SPL/SFL create. I'd imagine this will be the case at most clubs. The trouble is that our hardcore is not overly sizeable, nor is it elsewhere really, and I do not see anything from the reconstruction proposals that will encourage floating fans to attend more regularly or attract new fans to the game.

I couldn't give a monkeys about the SPL/SFL anymore, or any other Club for that matter. I used to attend games as a neutral, was a real football fan - but I'm lost to the game now. If the administrators don't care about fans' opinions then fuck them.

Motherwell is my team, always has been, and always will be regardless of the League structures.

Well said mate 109835.gif

I dont think any of those that say they will not renew, or attend as many games are saying they will stop supporting Motherwell.

They will just be less motivated to part with hard earned cash when it appears their opinions dont count for much.

Huge difference.

• Like 3

Hate this new plan.

Hate being shat on financially.

Hate feeling like we're the bottom rung on a ladder of importance to football.

Hate stupid kickoff times.

Hate being messed about like the Old Firm/television's plaything.

Love watching Motherwell.

The last one crushes the rest for me. We are Motherwell, I am a season ticket holder, and I will be next season.

• Like 2

X2. I may not like some of the details of the reconstruction package but that won't stop me from going to Fir Park.

What about a poll option for PATG fans who won't stop going - this isn't covered?

Most of us wil plod on watching regardless of what happens on reconstruction.Take Friday for instance, i've never left the cinema with the buzz i had on leaving the game regardless of how brilliant the film was.nothing beats football when it goes your way.thats why the rest of the shit is worth putting up with.

In my opinion this is exactly why nothing will ever change. If people are happy to keep plodding on with getting consistently ignored - then what's the point in even discussing reconstruction or prize money?

Women didn't win the vote by sitting at home thinking it'd be quite nice if they let us have a say. It's not as if we all just woke up one morning and thought "aye, that slavery is right unfair, lets ban it" - change needs to be forced and fought for.

I will never ever stop supporting my team - but it saddens me how many are so apathetic to the situation and are quite happy to continue paying and watching those with nothing but 100% self interest slowly but surely killing the game with greed.

P.S my answer was - I will PATG for cup games, friendlies and euro games - and that'll be my lot I'd think.

• Like 1

Women didn't win the vote by sitting at home thinking it'd be quite nice if they let us have a say. It's not as if we all just woke up one morning and thought "aye, that slavery is right unfair, lets ban it" - change needs to be forced and fought for.

Wee bit of a difference between decades of racial oppression and deciding if we play ICT twice or 3 times in a season though, eh?

• Like 2

Wee bit of a difference between decades of racial oppression and deciding if we play ICT twice or 3 times in a season though, eh?

Obviously - but the political ideology of forcing change is applicable regardless of the point in hand.

Whether it be examples as blatant as that or wind farms, nuclear energy, football leagues, pub opening times, alcohol minimum pricing, cigarette bans.

Obviously - but the political ideology of forcing change is applicable regardless of the point in hand.

Whether it be examples as blatant as that or wind farms, nuclear energy, football leagues, pub opening times, alcohol minimum pricing, cigarette bans.

There's a wee bit of a difference between pub opening times and slavery too.

• Like 1