League Re-Construction

gilmour

Re construction is a very emotive subject just now what way will you go if approved.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If yes to re-construction under the proposed new set up what way will you go.

• I will renew my season ticket.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and never attend again.
    • I will not renew my season ticket but PATG for all games.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and PATG for all non Spl games
    • I'm PATG and won't attend again.
    • I'm PATG and won't attend any Spl game again.

There's a wee bit of a difference between pub opening times and slavery too.

His point though is if you want change you need to get aff your arse and do something about it like all those groups mentioned. At no point was he saying that they're the same thing.

I guess you knew that anyway Mr D Advocate.

• Like 1

There's a wee bit of a difference between pub opening times and slavery too.

There's a wee bit of difference between bananas and oranges - but you still have to peel them both before you eat them.

As I would have thought obvious - the extreme examples are exactly that, extreme. But the way they changed the mind of the governments and people in charge was to force them to reconsider, not to ask nicely.

The broadcasters are the ones that matter to SPL, the SFL and the chairmen - because without them, the clubs lose money. The SPL/ SFL and the chairmen all know only too well that football fans are mugs and have blind loyalty to their team

yes supports may be dwindling - but the TV money outweighs anything that fans can bring in

football is just too expensive these days, i think ive said that a million times

i wont be renewing, i'll be selective in what games i go to

yes, i love this club and i do what i can to help and support them but that doesnt give them the right to shaft us at any given oppurtunity

i used to love my saturday day outs - but the money is drying up and i now need to be selective

The ludicrous situation with reliance on TV money is a catch 22.

Eventually televised games will resemble training sessions with no fans and zero atmosphere. And will eventually become extremely unappealling to televise.

At this point the clubs will wish they listened to the paying supporter.

• Like 2

I never bothered with a season ticket in all my years supporting the 'well, as I was young, free and single and could justify shelling out as much cash as I wanted, when I wanted. That all changed when my son was born 9 years ago and I've had a season ticket ever since, as I knew then that I'd probably drift away from PATG as cash would be much tighter week-to-week. Things have changed slightly and I now have 2 boys to take to the fitba', and to be perfectly honest, its probably more for them that I continue to buy a season book and turn up every 2nd week at Fir Park.

I strongly disagree with much of what goes on in Scottish Football and I did have thoughts about of it was really all worth the hassle, what with the re-structure, OF dominance, cost/value etc etc but I dont see a situation arising which will make me stop attending Fir Park with my boys. This season though, has been the 1st season since I started attending football unaccompanied that I have gone out of my way NOT to attend away games (my form of protest, as to be perfectly blunt, I couldnt give two fucks about any other team in the league and their money woes), the only one I have gone to was at Ibrox to get it up the h**s (which I wish I fucking hadnt), I'm also considering going to Dundee a week on Saturday, as its not very often we have a player of Faddys calibre playing in the league let alone for our team and I want to make the most of his time here.

Next season, I'll no doubt by a season book again, and continue to dinghy away matches. If it wasnt for my boys though, I dont know if I'd still be going, there were a crowd of us who went week in, week out, home and away. Now, for one reason or another I'm the only one that attends the every home match without fail.

I'll not renew but I will PATG for the games which are attractive. I enjoy going to all Saturday games, and am more than likely to attend then, same with Sunday fixtures but I hate midweek evenings in the middle of winter and am of an age where Id be happier in the living room after work that trailing to a baltic stadium to suit TV.

I would hope people dont chuck it completely but for me I just dont want it taken for granted that administrators take my money for granted. i want the system/product to be decent.

Eventually televised games will resemble training sessions with no fans and zero atmosphere. And will eventually become extremely unappealling to televise.

Any idea what percentage of our income last season was down tv ?

I wont be renewing my season ticket next season because of ridiculous kick of times. Ive got 5 unused tickets already

I agree and I said at the time of the Rangers debacle that we had to move away from the current financial model.

Right now Scottish football is televisions bitch on a leash. It throw us enough scraps to keep things ticking over but not enough to ever free ourselves from potential crisis.

The Norwegian league pulled in a television deal worth THREE TIMES the Scottish deal and the Swedish deal was similar to the Norwegian one. If these countries can make those kind of deals why can't we? It seems to me we sell our game off very cheaply.

It's one thing to have a television deal that's financially empowering but our recent deals are basically bare minimum survival fund.

I'd suggest we either get a decent deal at the sort of rate similar level leagues seem to be capable of producing in Europe or we scale back and reduce costs.

It wasn't that long ago semi professional or part time teams played at the 1st and 2nd tier levels and the level of football was as good if not better than it is now.

As an example just look at the 1986 Scotland World Cup squad. It included players that came through at Airdrie, Partick Thistle, Dumbarton, Ayr United, East Stirlingshire etc.

• 2 weeks later...

There are reports today that the SFL are trying to convince the SPL to delay the reconstruction for one year. This has pissed off 9 clubs who are threateing to quit the SFL to join an SPL 2.

Does anyone think that there is a chance of a 10 team SPL 2 next season and a certain NEWCO will be invited to join? I have no idea what they will do with regards to splits etc but nothing would shock and surprise me.

with no league sponsors and a flawed TV deal , the SFL reporting that its unlikely to get the required 22? clubs backing, then its almost guaranteed that SPL 2 will raise its head again

I've about no fight left in me, hell mend them if they do, but then again they may well be dammed if they dont

The reek of desperation around Scottish Football just now is a damning indictment of all those people in the corridors of power, of Chairmen up and down the country chasing the big bucks and basically not giving a damn about anything else. Now those bucks are gone and they have nothing to show for it, no one to replace it and they find their stadia falling to bits, threadbare squads, little or no investment in youth structures and not one of them have a clue how to fix it. Rangers and Dunfermline are only the start of a long downward slope and I fear for the future of our game.

• Like 1

Bunch of short sighted greedy c***s the lot of them.

Last summer some on here and many elsewhere held up SFL clubs as being paragons of virtue whilst SPL clubs were all that was bad. That was never ever the case. As with the SPL, SFL clubs voted according to naked self interest and hid conveniently behind the big bad boys of the SPL. Nothing has changed, but now they've been found out. Quite a few too thought that having Rangers in the 3rd division would be good for them. Hefty policing and other bills are now convincing them otherwise.

So the toty diddy teams have upset the wee diddy teams after they upset the big diddy teams by voting in hteir own interest? Shock Horror, gaun yirsels :thumbup:

Keep the h**s down there as long as possible, spread the dosh around a bit more, happy with that personally, argued for years it should happen but this is the only way it would be done. I hope reconstruction is put on hold long enough to see if Chucky holds true to his promise to refuse membership of the SPL if they do actually win promotion back to the top. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am finished with the SPL.

It's that simple, I'll still turn up for Cup matches and European ties but I will not pay good money for any further league matches if this nonsense is voted through.

The biggest problem with the SPL is it's predictability, it's dull, boring, and stale. With only one promotion place, and that dependent on the state of your ground, the SPL never seems to change significantly. It's the same old faces time after time and this new proposal does nothing to alter that, in fact it goes even further to cement the status quo. There is NO automatic promotion and relegation, the bottom club is given a second bite at the cherry by playing four clubs worse, in a league places sense, than them. There is a distinct possibility that the First division winners, after 22 games, will get a wee trophy and could end up not getting promoted. There is also the possibilty that they could end up not getting promoted but a team that finished below them might very well go up. I hear a lot of talk about meaningless games, but a meaningless title??? Come on, get fucking real.