League Re-Construction

gilmour

Re construction is a very emotive subject just now what way will you go if approved.  

90 members have voted

1. 1. If yes to re-construction under the proposed new set up what way will you go.

• I will renew my season ticket.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and never attend again.
    • I will not renew my season ticket but PATG for all games.
    • I will not renew my season ticket and PATG for all non Spl games
    • I'm PATG and won't attend again.
    • I'm PATG and won't attend any Spl game again.

good news from hampden. Well done mcgregor and gilmour.

It'll be interesting to see what dempster and weir have to say now after saying we were as good as doomed with the status quo.

Will lawell or milne have the brass neck to complain about two clubs holding the rest hostage? I feel a bit sorrry for the first division clubs who were desperate for it to go through but better solutions are possible.

• Like 1

Let's hope Doncaster resigns now. He is totally inept and has no authority to lead or deliver change in the SPL. DONCASTER OUT!!

I suspect that we will get a league sponsor and that any sponsor would be just waiting to see what happened with the talks. I also suspect that there was a bit of scaremongering going on with regards to the other SPL clubs towards the fans and any dissenting clubs.

• Like 2

good news from hampden. Well done mcgregor and gilmour.

It'll be interesting to see what dempster and weir have to say now after saying we were as good as doomed with the status quo.

Will lawell or milne have the brass neck to complain about two clubs holding the rest hostage? I feel a bit sorrry for the first division clubs who were desperate for it to go through but better solutions are possible.

I expect them to announce administration within the week. Doomed from the relegation of Rangers, doomed if this vote did not past = double doomed.

I wouldn't hold my breath though. Bunch of useless cunts

Thank fook for that.

Stupid plans.

They have all said "there's no other options on the table" and "we've had to agree to loads of compromises to get this far"

Time to grow some balls and get another option and stick the finger up to compromise in favour of the old firm.

Time to grow some balls and get another option and stick the finger up to compromise in favour of the old firm.

The question remains though - how do you do that? There are clubs who feel they need the OF to survive, and without their votes nothing can get approved.

If it was that easy, the proposal would have been tabled today and we'd all be applauding the result.

1. "Hearts chief exec David Southern says compromise was offered in meeting. Celtic tried to push it over line by taking league reconstruction out of 11-1 protected category in terms of voting. DS says when that didn't change minds of those who voted against, it became apparent that issue was a smokescreen and not real reason for opposition
    ."

Very interesting.........

1. "I wouldn't like to talk about agendas but it was very clear today, despite what was said in the last seven days about 11-1 being the reason to not see this through; the actual concession made during the meeting which changed the vote from 11-1 to 9-3, when it got down to the bit that particular club decided to step back from it, so I think that's a question for St Mirren to ask."

This proposal was being forced by TV interests who want to show 4 OF bigotfests a season. Teams need 38 games to survive so only way to achieve both options is to have a frankenstein setup that has never worked anywhere!!!

Unless the TV companies agree to alter their stance we will always have this repetitive nonsense being pedelled. This is where we need strong leadership from the SPL/SFA (see my joke there!!). Scare stories being pedelled to protect vested interests and the fans need trhe truth. Dont hold our breath on that one.

Why does a 20 team league not work? The usual too many non competitive games shite will be trundled out, but how comes it work in England where 16 terams have he haw chances of winning the league or the same in Germany and Spain? Granted revenues are higher there but if Scottish teams can become competitive again through gate sharing and proper distribution of TV monies we have a chance to change and teams develop. There will always be weaker teams in every league but at least give them the chance to have ambition.

• Like 1

Scottish Football boomed financially between 1998 and 2002.

Scottish football was full of cheap foreigners between 1998 and well now....

Scottish Football suffered a major drought, which is now being paid for by the National Team from 1998 onwards....

Money to the clubs is not what we need right now.

"Hearts chief exec David Southern says compromise was offered in meeting. Celtic tried to push it over line by taking league reconstruction out of 11-1 protected category in terms of voting. DS says when that didn't change minds of those who voted against, it became apparent that issue was a smokescreen and not real reason for opposition

."

Very interesting.........

Interesting or just smoke and mirrors by the bully boys who didn't get their way

11-1 compromise was only on league restructure

League restructure , was one one the reserved criteria that had a 3year block on change

Rangers back, hearts and Aberdeen siding with Lawell on that point , so effectively a compromise that concedes nothing

Interesting or just smoke and mirrors by the bully boys who didn't get their way

11-1 compromise was only on league restructure

League restructure , was one one the reserved criteria that had a 3year block on change

Rangers back, hearts and Aberdeen siding with Lawell on that point , so effectively a compromise that concedes nothing

Yes when I said interesting I meant It will be interesting to hear all the details.

This proposal was being forced by TV interests who want to show 4 OF bigotfests a season. Teams need 38 games to survive so only way to achieve both options is to have a frankenstein setup that has never worked anywhere!!!

Unless the TV companies agree to alter their stance we will always have this repetitive nonsense being pedelled. This is where we need strong leadership from the SPL/SFA (see my joke there!!). Scare stories being pedelled to protect vested interests and the fans need trhe truth. Dont hold our breath on that one.

Why does a 20 team league not work? The usual too many non competitive games shite will be trundled out, but how comes it work in England where 16 terams have he haw chances of winning the league or the same in Germany and Spain? Granted revenues are higher there but if Scottish teams can become competitive again through gate sharing and proper distribution of TV monies we have a chance to change and teams develop. There will always be weaker teams in every league but at least give them the chance to have ambition.

Totally agree with this and the way to pay for it is to split all european money that comes into scotland between all 20 top teams Celtic would lose out so they may not be able to have 2 full teams but oh well! The thing that chairman forget is we already have one of the highest attendances by capita of any nation there isnt 1,000 of people who will come watch these clubs! Well get between 5,000-6,000 and always will look at the vote here you could have a team of two and play home and away 80 times and we prob have the same! Similar with most sides especially while rangers and celtic exist!

Good point. to make up for the lack of games have the league cup (Which has no european place anyway) into groups like the champions league.

We tried that before, and it was a bit of a disaster as groups were often decided early on.

Wouldn't be averse to trying it again, but I'd be surprised if it made up for the lost revenue of league games.

at every spl game between now and the end of the season there should be chants or doncaster out banners or anything that can be done to pile the pressure on to show the fans dont want this fanny in charge of our game

But as a compromise position you could split after two rounds of games giving you 37 fixtures

A 14 team league split after 26 games into 2 7's would also give you 38 games. If you need 4 OF games. Relegate 2 automatically from bottom 7 and have a play-off for 3rd relegation spot. Gives you the upward movement from the Swiss model without the stupidity. Also makes being in bottom 7 a real issue.

Doncaster says he will not resign. When will he realise that he is not wanted by the fans and has zero authority in our game. DONCASTER GO NOW!!

at every spl game between now and the end of the season there should be chants or doncaster out banners or anything that can be done to pile the pressure on to show the fans dont want this fanny in charge of our game

doncaster works for the clubs. this is about the 12 clubs not him.

what exactly has he done wrong here? 10 of the clubs wanted reconstruction, 2 didn't. how can he effect this in anyway.

as i said in the shout box he has an impossible job. he has 12 bosses and can't do anything unless 11 of them agree which never happens.

there are only 22 full time teams in scotland.

doncaster works for the clubs. this is about the 12 clubs not him.

what exactly has he done wrong here? 10 of the clubs wanted reconstruction, 2 didn't. how can he effect this in anyway.

as i said in the shout box he has an impossible job. he has 12 bosses and can't do anything unless 11 of them agree which never happens.

I agree it is a difficult job on that requires diplomacy, political nous and strength - none of which he possesses. Punt him.