Auld Yin; 1948 - 2013

Steve

I have joined the forum to let you all know that forum member Auld Yin (we knew him as Henry Elliot!) passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

Henry was diagnosed with lung cancer over a year ago. Radiotherapy stabilised the tumour, but unfortunately the cancer spread to his brain. Henry was the strongest man that I've ever met and managed to remain his usual upbeat self pretty much right to the end.

I have posted here as he often used to talk about the "folk from the forum." He was a passionate Motherwell fan and in his later years as he became bedbound due to various health issues the forum became a very important link to the outside world. I know that he regarded the people here as his friends. One of the last things he asked us to do for him was to log him into his account and increase the text size so that he could read through the latest posts. I'm not sure if he managed to post back that day.

He leaves behind his fiancee, Anna and step-daughter Jess (not forgetting his "Baby" - the Audi GT Coupe he bought in claret in 1984) along with a large network of family and friends. He was a genuinely nice guy and I everyone I have spoken to thought very highly of him.

His funeral will be held on Wednesday 27th at Falkirk Crematorium. Any Motherwell fans who wanted to attend would be more than welcome. Dress code: Claret and Amber! Henry wasn't a man for flowers, so we have set up a Just Giving page in aid of Strathcarron Hospice who looked after Henry for a short time when he really needed it. http://www.justgiving.com/henryelliot/

VIZwdWi.jpg

BCEIygo.jpg

u0V9yQeh.jpg

ocVEGp4.jpg

74h5BsT.jpg

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear about this - he was an active and very well regarded member of this community and the place won't be the same knowing he's not around having a read.

If anyone is able to go, please get in touch with me - I'd love to send a claret & amber bouquet on behalf of the forum to the funeral.

• Like 2

Never knew Henry but reading personal stories like the one above never fails to leave a lump in my throat. Its amazing how that one connection to a football club can do that. RIP Henry.

• Like 8