Auld Yin; 1948 - 2013

Steve

Personally really sorry to hear that news, actually had a bit of dealing with him about a year and a half ago when he started a topic saying he was looking to shift a load of bird books he had. My girlfriend was really getting into birds at the time (not in the way i'd have liked sadly...), and she went over to his house to collect them and was invited in. He wouldn't take a penny for them, just seemed really pleased that someone would get good use out of them and to this day they are still used for reference on a daily basis.

Thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP Henry, and thanks again Sir.

• Like 2

Personally really sorry to hear that news, actually had a bit of dealing with him about a year and a half ago when he started a topic saying he was looking to shift a load of bird books he had. My girlfriend was really getting into birds at the time (not in the way i'd have liked sadly...), and she went over to his house to collect them and was invited in. He wouldn't take a penny for them, just seemed really pleased that someone would get good use out of them and to this day they are still used for reference on a daily basis.

Thoughts go out to his friends and family. RIP Henry, and thanks again Sir.

As much as the family stories get me, it's stuff like this that really chokes me up. Another mark of a really good guy.

As was said before, raising a glass.

Thank you all for your kind messages. I have shared them with Anna and Jess. It is amazing how many people across this country and others that he touched in his life. Its amazing how much he went through in his life and yet he never complained about any of it and still had time to show genuine concern for the problems in other peoples lives.

What time is the funeral on Wednesday? I may be able to attend

Sorry, I forgot to include the time. It is 10.30am.