Motherwell 2 Rangers 2 League Cup 1975

bobbybingo

Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting that BB......first time for me to see that since, well, uh, 1977 when I was there as a 13 year old (in the shed, down the front)

As was said before what a crowd! To be fair, St Mirren brought a HUGE support. I think there were loads locked out

For those that like gobstoppers clips.....fill yer boots

http://www.youtube.c...er/gobstopper68

Some crackin clips on there..........

My favourite: Aug 90 when The wee W@nK Grant hits his jaw off Psychos elbow......:evilgrin:

Then Bobby Russell waltzing through the Smeltic defence, Packy Bonner bring down his own defender and Bobby walking the ball in to the empty net....:laugh:

Then Bonner spilling "Douugggies" header in to the net !!!! :cheers:

The ball boys reaction in front of TGFITW....and Half the Shed in bedlam...happy days !!!!

Bring back the Terraces and the Fence !!!!!

Would've been 8 then, sat in the Main Stand with my dad. Next to us was a St Mirren fan with his wee boy. Talking away to us before kick off, no problem, but he got angrier and angrier as the boots flew in, ended up wanting to fight ma dad.

I do remember havin a bit of a riddy about how hard/dirty we were that day, but Peter Millar's auntie worked in the shop just up the road from us, so I won't hear a bad word said about him...

Which shop? McCormick's?

The defense and midfield did kick lumps out them - no doubts about it.

But our front line were superb back then. Funnily enough just mentioned the other week how Higgonbotham? reminded me of Vic Davidson with his running style and ability to go past players?

St. Mirren had a brilliant support that day and the place was heaving, but so did we. Got crushed umpteen times before moving from the choir, to behind the goals and eventually onto a floodlight at the Taggarts End.

Fergie and everyone from St Mirren moaned for ages about it and still harbour a grudge to this day...lol.

Anyway..................Lets all do "The Pettigrew" G.I.R.U.Y.

Aye I remember that game too particularly Bobby Watson's screamer past big McCloy.

Our second was what Bobby Graham and the 'Grew were all about. Graham was a class act and the number of times these two performed the same move as they did here was uncanny but terrific to watch.

Yes and never a penalty and spot the b*stard in the black - one J.P.R. Gordon from Newport on Tay the same b*astard that refereed our Scottish Cup sem-final against them the following year and "gave" them another penalty that never was! dash2.gif He had some track record.

With great respect to the cup winning side I still believe this was the best Motherwell team I've seen at FP.

Aye I remember that game too particularly Bobby Watson's screamer past big McCloy.

Our second was what Bobby Graham and the 'Grew were all about. Graham was a class act and the number of times these two performed the same move as they did here was uncanny but terrific to watch.

Yes and never a penalty and spot the b*stard in the black - one J.P.R. Gordon from Newport on Tay the same b*astard that refereed our Scottish Cup sem-final against them the following year and "gave" them another penalty that never was! dash2.gif He had some track record.

With great respect to the cup winning side I still believe this was the best Motherwell team I've seen at FP.

Yes with the teams we had in the '70's we were spoiled....a bit like now.:thumbup:

My first game was the '75 Semi Final v Airdrie, so I maybe look at this era through rose tinted specs, but anyone who saw them knows how good they were.

I feel sorry for them sometimes when the '91 team is wheeled out for more praise...like the mid-nineties team they played great football over a couple of seasons, but seem to be largely forgotten about cause they didn't lift a trophy.

Apparently Ferguson has claimed he will provide a Man Utd team for any players testimonial except a Motherwell player! All because of that game!

Maybe something to do with the non stop "FERGIE, FERGIE - SHUT YER MOUTH", chant coming from the Shed :evilgrin:

Maybe something to do with the non stop "FERGIE, FERGIE - SHUT YER MOUTH", chant coming from the Shed :evilgrin:

Forgot about that Pie. But remember it resounding around the whole Motherwell end. Petted lip twat. Also remember it all kicking off after the match, especially after a few double-deckers getting panned in Dalziel Avenue.

Forgot also about a the majorettes and the half time chants. Seemed ok as a 14-15 year old mind you :nod:

Forgot about that Pie. But remember it resounding around the whole Motherwell end. Petted lip twat. Also remember it all kicking off after the match, especially after a few double-deckers getting panned in Dalziel Avenue.

Forgot also about a the majorettes and the half time chants. Seemed ok as a 14-15 year old mind you :nod:

Thats the way it was then, and living in Dalzell Ave didn't make getting home after a game an easy thing to do for this teenager

Ha it's a bit random this thread popped up, was looking through some of my Dads things the other day and remembered I had this signed photo hidden away from '75. Bit tatty but need to get it framed anyway :)

25k0mbt.jpg

Jim McCabe back row third in fae the right ,whatever happened tae him , never fulfilled his early promise. He's not alone in that respect though.