Michael Higdon

El Grew

the fact that only 11 people managed it in 35 years (many of which had 44 game seasons) and now 3 players have done it in a single season speaks volumes as to the quality of the league.

niall mcginn will probably make it as well and murphy and russell would have if they played full seasons.

Does it? Last season the top five non OF goal scorers scored significantly fewer goals (Jon Daly 19

Francisco Sandaza 14, Steven Thompson 13, Garry O'Connor 12, Dean Shiels 12) so would you say that signified a much stronger league last term than this term?

Does it? Last season the top five non OF goal scorers scored significantly fewer goals (Jon Daly 19

Francisco Sandaza 14, Steven Thompson 13, Garry O'Connor 12, Dean Shiels 12) so would you say that signified a much stronger league last term than this term?

you need to account for dundee replacing rangers.

but they were still best ever totals by thompson, sandaza, shiels and daly and impressive from o'connor considering his nocturnal activities. steven thompson is a good example, in his first spell in the spl he scored 35 goals in 195 games (which was enough to get him in the scotland team and a move to rangers) and since he came back up he has 25 goals in 64 games.

i'd say the quality has dropped this season. our defence has been a shambles all season (mainly due to the midfield), ict have a defence that would struggle to get a game in the blue square but are still pushing us for second, hearts have went tits up, hibs and aberdeen have underachived again, dundee united have been starting brian mclean on a regular basis, ross county are challenging for europe with a team of first divsion players and dundee are worse than gretna.

how do people think our team that finished bottom would have fared this season?

So Higdon is still shite then Steely?

nope. he's putting the chances away when they come at the moment and his all round play has been better since the new year.

if he wants to really improve he should follow the example of former fatty ricky lambert and shed a few pounds.

the fact that only 11 people managed it in 35 years (many of which had 44 game seasons) and now 3 players have done it in a single season speaks volumes as to the quality of the league.

niall mcginn will probably make it as well and murphy and russell would have if they played full seasons.

The quality of the league has nothing to do with it, you can only score against what is in front of you and Hidgon does that. If its simply a case of 'Higdon has only scored 20+ goals because the quality he is facing is so poor' then why has he scored more goals in the SPL than the majority of other strikers in the same league? And who is a better striker, goal for game than him currently?

I usually agree with your posts but I think you're being very unfair on Higdon.

• Like 1

The quality of the league has nothing to do with it, you can only score against what is in front of you and Hidgon does that. If its simply a case of 'Higdon has only scored 20+ goals because the quality he is facing is so poor' then why has he scored more goals in the SPL than the majority of other strikers in the same league? And who is a better striker, goal for game than him currently?

I usually agree with your posts but I think you're being very unfair on Higdon.

he's clearly one of the best strikers in the league as well benefiting from playing with creative players.

all i'm saying is that you need to have a bit of perspective, john hartson only hit more than 20 goals once and chris sutton never managed it. higdon's playing against guys like gary warren and declan gallagher that would never had got near the spl a few years ago.

ya beezer is comparing it to past seasons and i'm saying that there is no comparison to be made due to the spl's collapse in quality.

again how do you think our team that finished bottom would fare this year? i think they'd be challenging for europe.

Higgy has scored more goals against the same teams than the £9m rated England prospect Gary Hooper who can run, jump and has not looked out of place in the Champions League.

We all know Higdon is no Wullie P. Lets just enjoy his goals and hope he signs on again for another couple of seasons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...