Michael Higdon

El Grew

The Past 2 seasons with us have been the most successful of the big mans career , in terms of regular starts , playing consistently well and obviously scoring a shitload of goals .

He is pushing 30 , and in us may have found 'his level' , and a system of play where he is a perfect fit . He also seems to be settled and enjoying himself .

Many before him have left chasing the big payday , only to end up warming the bench elsewhere and seeing their career go backwards and peter out .

The boards pitch is crucial in hopefully persuading him to extend his stay here . If they could go the extra mile financially and convince him of their willingness to keep even a few of the other out of contract players in the hope of another good season in the league and a real go at the cups , then I am really hopeful we could see him in claret and amber for a while yet .

Higdon scored something like 15 and 16 goals in previous two campaigns, the fact he has blown that out of the water this term is phenominal. He might not be the most mobile but he is up there with the best we've had in the modern era. There is a hint of Tommy Coyne like finess about him although he isn't quite that good. Another 3 seaons of goals like Friday nights might have me change my mind.

The Past 2 seasons with us have been the most successful of the big mans career , in terms of regular starts , playing consistently well and obviously scoring a shitload of goals .

He is pushing 30 , and in us may have found 'his level' , and a system of play where he is a perfect fit . He also seems to be settled and enjoying himself .

Many before him have left chasing the big payday , only to end up warming the bench elsewhere and seeing their career go backwards and peter out .

The boards pitch is crucial in hopefully persuading him to extend his stay here . If they could go the extra mile financially and convince him of their willingness to keep even a few of the other out of contract players in the hope of another good season in the league and a real go at the cups , then I am really hopeful we could see him in claret and amber for a while yet .

You could probably say exactly the same thing about Sutton when he was with us, but it didn't stop him fucking off for the Lithuanian dollars.

if Higgy stays, it'll be great for the club, but I think he'll have offers that we can't compete with, unfortunately.

Griffiths is on 25 goals too and has been playing for an absolutely shite team all year. Without my claret and amber tinted specs on i'd say hes a deserving winner.

Hes also a fucking clown!

Suarez is the best player in England IMO but wont win POTY because of his actions, should be the same here.

Yes - but he is also a wee shoplifting ned and they may well count against him + he is on lone from Wolves + Hearts players would have a hard time voting for a Hibs player. I would say Higdon is a fair bet.

Every registered player in Scotland gets a vote so the Hearts votes won't count as much as you think.

I think Leigh Griffiths will be favourite. As well as goal scoring I think, whether you like him or not, you'd have to concede he is technically a better player than Higdon and as someone else said, Griffiths has been playing in a much poorer team for most of the season.

Gary Mackay-Stevens would be the obvious pick for young player of the year but he's not actually played that many matches due to injury. Wanyama has been hot and cold and has probably faded a bit as the season went on - I thought he was pretty poor when we beat them at Fir Park.

Higgy, according to BBC, is likely to be off in the summer.

Main story on BBC SPL section.

He may well be off and if he can earn a few bob more than by staying with us, then good luck to him. Unless of course he ends up at Hubs, Hearts or Aberdeen,

Either way that article is not saying something different or new nor is Higgy.

I suspect he will get offers we will not be able to match. Then it is up to him if he takes them.