Michael Higdon

El Grew

A fair point, Griffiths is normally the type of person you would expect to be caught up in this sort of mess. What's the chances that Higgy will be fined by the club?

None if he's done nothing wrong, we've got some support that love to think the worst

Anyway, Hammy has just tweeted that Higgy is alive and well and is at his testimonial golf day

Oh and Stevie has just missed a one foot putt for a two

Right, my mate was talking to him at the golf day at Carluke and just phoned me.

Higgy got in bother with the bouncers outside, bit of a sore face on him supposedly. He had to leave the golf event early as his wife phoned him to say reporters are camped outside his house.

Of course he could be winding me up, but i'de expect a more imaginative story if that was the case.

Makes sense, in the footage of him outside the cop shop he seemed to be sporting a bruise/graze on his forehead.

Definitely wasn't there when he picked up his award.

Don't doubt you, but can you actually get a night in the cells for the above? No blows traded etc.

You can get a night in the cells for anything if you've had a drink and there was a tweet saying Higdon was well on at the awards.

You can get a night in the cells for anything if you've had a drink and there was a tweet saying Higdon was well on at the awards.

You know what bouncers are like as well, there are probably a couple of guys gloating to their mates this morning about having a scrap with Higgy

What's narrow minded about it ??

We went there and got cuffed , Allan Johnston took his side there and won in a quarter final

You think that's irrelevant when comparing achievements and deciding who's merited an award over the other ?

Yes, I think one game is irrelevant when you are voting for performance over a season - otherwise Higgy would have lost thanks to his (and the r4est of the teams') performance in Dingwall.

Why do you think they went for Johnston over McCall then ? Gingerism ?? Oh it would explain the Neil Lennon thing , maybe you are on to something ....

Because of his performance over a season rather than just one game, and because if they didn't give it to Lennon they wanted to keep the award away from the SPL altogether (because they are feart).

Yeh I was with him. I'm his mate and was with him all night. Lets just put it down to over zealous bouncin and we'll leave it at that.

I wish you well, (and Michael), with that sentiment mate, I really do.

Personally, am looking forward even more to my trip down to Saint John's Town.

I feel sorry for Higdon that his big night ended up with him in the cells. It certainly has taken the shine of his magnificent achievement, and isn't exactly great pr for Motherwell either.

It will be of some consolation that he appears relatively innocent of anything other than having 1 too many.

Why did the St Johnstone player have a go at him and if it panned out the way some posters are suggesting, who was he meant to have assaulted?

I feel sorry for Higdon that his big night ended up with him in the cells. It certainly has taken the shine of his magnificent achievement, and isn't exactly great pr for Motherwell either.

An unfortunate end to a great night for Higgy and Motherwell. He is the first player from Motherwell FC to ever win the award and in some media circles it will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. I suspect we will get Higgy's or Motherwell's version of events at some point.

1367846514[/url]' post='381688']

Yeh I was with him. I'm his mate and was with him all night. Lets just put it down to over zealous bouncin and we'll leave it at that.

Thank you for the first-hand account. I'm glad no non-combatants were involved and that a bouncer, like some stewards at matches, went too far.