Michael Higdon

El Grew

1370341105[/url]' post='385235']

The reason we were in that position in thefirst place was the buffoon we had in charge up until January where we werelucky if we picked up 20 points. Since losing at Peterborough on 3rdJanuary I think we lost 5 games and were a completely different team. I'm happyto wager you £20 to the charity of your choice that we don't finish in thebottom 5 this coming season.

Agreed, if you don't have Higdon in the squad, otherwise the games a bogey...cheers.gif

Agreed, if you don't have Higdon in the squad, otherwise the games a bogey...cheers.gif

You're on, mate. I have nothing but total respect for Motherwell FC and their fans so it's a difficult subject to voice my opinion on, if we got him and he improved our team then I'm all for it, but I wouldn't want to see Motherwell lose out at the same time.

The only answer is to prize O'Grady away from the pigs!

I think he'll be a Barnsley player in the next couple of days. Humphrey is off and i fully expect Tom Hately to follow. Higgy turned into a really good striker for us and i dont blame him for going south as he is English and he'll be earning more.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the big guy but I think it's time the club set him a deadline for re-signing with us. If he's not put his John Hancock on the contract by that date then the offer should be withdrawn, he should be told to leave and Stuart McCall can then get to the business of looking for a replacement. We've heard a lot about other clubs wanting to sign him but none have done so yet - what's the hold-up? He is a free agent after all!

Far too many players get the best offer their club can make and then think they can hang about until another club makes them a better offer. I don't say it's all the players' fault as much of he time it's their agents that want to have the best of both worlds.

So sorry Higgy, sign on please or move on.

Sorry Weeyin didn't know that. It's just judging by the fact that there's been much in print about him leaving with quite a few options (admittedly by the Rancid and the h*n) I'm beginning to wonder if its been his agent pumping this out more in hope that he can get a bigger % of any deal he manages to cut for the big lad. Whatever, the club needs to move on.

All the guys that fed him goals have gone, so I don't see how we need him any more, we have moved on, what type of striker do we need now, is it a Lukas type (some hope) or something else, probably not Higgy.

Dont be silly, we've got Vigurs who got 9 assists last year and we havent even got a replacement for Humphrey yet, who knows how good (or bad) they are going to be? Also theres still a chance faddy could sign again, perhaps a small one, but theres still a chance. To say that we dont need Higgy anymore just because some other players are away is daft, other payers will fill the gaps left and provide chances for the big man if he chooses to stay (probably unlikely though).

All the guys that fed him goals have gone, so I don't see how we need him any more, we have moved on, what type of striker do we need now, is it a Lukas type (some hope) or something else, probably not Higgy.

Ropy, find a mirror and have a good look at yer sel FFS facepalm.gif