Post Split Predictions

texanwellfan

So with it being 2 weeks to our next game it gives us plenty time to make our predictions. Will we get second? Will we make europe? How many league goals will Higdon end up with? Can we beat Celtic twice in the one season? We have now gone 6 games without defeat, can we continue that run and for how long?

For what it's worth here is a mini points table based on the games played between the top 6 teams. In brackets is the number of points we got from each team.

Motherwell 26

Celtic 25 ( 3 )

Caley 18 ( 9 )

Utd. 17 ( 3 )

St J. 16 ( 7 )

County 15 ( 4 )

I think the league will end up

Celtic

Motherwell

Caley

Utd.

St J.

County

I think Higdon will reach 26 goals and we will beat Celtic for a second time.

So with it being 2 weeks to our next game it gives us plenty time to make our predictions. Will we get second? Will we make europe? How many league goals will Higdon end up with? Can we beat Celtic twice in the one season? We have now gone 6 games without defeat, can we continue that run and for how long?

For what it's worth here is a mini points table based on the games played between the top 6 teams. In brackets is the number of points we got from each team.

Motherwell 26

Celtic 25 ( 3 )

Caley 18 ( 9 )

Utd. 17 ( 3 )

St J. 16 ( 7 )

County 15 ( 4 )

I think the league will end up

Celtic

Motherwell

Caley

Utd.

St J.

County

I think Higdon will reach 26 goals and we will beat Celtic for a second time.

Sounds about right to me.

I think one more win would probably get us European football, Ross County have lost their good run and three on the trot and St. Johnstone have a very good home record but they don't win often away from home.

After a wee wobble Inveress are in some good form again, the match against them post split is going to be massive.

We will finish 2nd and put the seal on a brilliant season...to still be able to win the league(i know we wont) with only 5 games to go is a fantastic effort by SMC and tbe team..everybody thought that Celtic would have the league won weeks ago..so finishing 2nd and a Motherwell striker banging in 23 goals it will be a season to be proud of

4 points guarantees Europa League as long as 3 of them are against St Johnstone!

I think 62 points will be enough for second place.

Barring a total and utter collapse I would hope that is well within our grasp.

Regardless. Its been a fantastic season with some amazing memories.

@SPLstats on twitter has us playing Celtic and County at home, ICT, St J and United away - only his prediction mind

Knowing the SPL it will be Celtic away first game, just so's they can win the league against their closest rivals rendering the rest of their games meaningless so we will be the oly team to lose to Celtic in the last few games. Then our 2 closest rivals away to give them a chance to overtake us and we finish with home games to Utd who always win here and we have to beat St Johnstone on the last day to save our dream Euro slot.

Did I just go all MJC there? :lol:

• Like 1

Whilst Celtic winning the league at Fir Park wouldn't be nice, it wouldn't be the potential riot inducing poisonous hate fest that Skippy Sunday was. I don't think there would be Celtic fans in the home end this time etc.

While I agree there wouldn't be quite the same 'edge' to things as there was on 22/05/05 given that the destination of the title wouldn't depend on the result of the game, you can bet your last penny that there would be thousands of Celtic fans in the home ends. Just look at Rugby Park last season, they had three stands to themselves and had the majority of the remaining 'home' stand to themselves aswell.

Meant to be today...

Heard Neil Lennon say celtic should get a home game 1st, never heard his rationale, but he'll probably get it.

He actually said he 'hoped' Celtic got a home game so that they can clinch it front of their own fans. That's a wee bit different from 'should'

I can't believe I just defended Neil Lennon :doh: .

Whilst Celtic winning the league at Fir Park wouldn't be nice, it wouldn't be the potential riot inducing poisonous hate fest that Skippy Sunday was. I don't think there would be Celtic fans in the home end this time etc.

Don't know about that mate. They'd snap up tickets in most areas of the ground and they'd occupy two wings of the POD Stand just feet away from us. They might not be given our end but they'd be given part of our stands.

i thought this was an old topic from the start of the season and you were predicting the top six and that we would beat Celtic and higdon would score 26 goals :notworthy:

then I seen the date and yeah this seems about right, unless we win all our games and celtic lose all 5... possible... :whistling:

Don't know about that mate. They'd snap up tickets in most areas of the ground and they'd occupy two wings of the POD Stand just feet away from us. They might not be given our end but they'd be given part of our stands.

Make us a small fortune!!

In fact - give them the whole stadium and we can all just sit in the South Stand

• Like 2