Post Split Predictions

texanwellfan

Fixtures work out perfect for me!

Only one I can't make is ICTaway as I'm in Germany but I probably wouldn't have went anyway.

Good to get Utd soon hopefully without Russell still! Better up there aswell as think we have more of a chance at Tannadice than FP. Hopefully decent crowd up there for it!!

Edit to add:- just saw the Utd game is the fecking Friday!!!! I have a bloody birthday night out then and work till. 6pm, baws!!!

Dare I say it, but Utd at Tannadice is a MUST win game for us given we have Celtic and then a trip to Inverness next. If we lose to Utd and Celtic we could well be behind Inverness by the time we play them.

We have pumped ict all season, why should that change? Celtic is a very winnable game especially if they have won the spl by then.

For some reason these fixtures scare me.

I think sometimes when you don't see the chaff in there in your next immediate fixtures you can sometimes get a little anxious when scanning the forthcoming games.

But there are periods of the season like that anyway. Think back only a few weeks for example after the Dundee Utd and Ross County results. Off the back two defeats we were looking at Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs and you are thinking if this goes wrong, the arse could completely fall out of our season.

It might be worth scanning the whole set of fixtures for some further re-assurance. The fact that Celtic should be at their most menacing when Caley visit should be a bonus. There's plenty evidence of teams scudding the opposition when wrapping up a title and if that came to fruition it would do the goal difference no harm at all should it come in to play.

Continuing with Caley I think its significant that they have a derby game still to play, and on the last day of the season, away from home at that.

other than celtic wining the league, this is a very enthralling run in to the end of the season. I am not putting any of my hard earned money ( or money from my wages ) near any of these games. Every one is very hard to predict and each game wil come down to who turns up to play on the day.

1365531813[/url]' post='378938']

I think sometimes when you don't see the chaff in there in your next immediate fixtures you can sometimes get a little anxious when scanning the forthcoming games.

But there are periods of the season like that anyway. Think back only a few weeks for example after the Dundee Utd and Ross County results. Off the back two defeats we were looking at Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs and you are thinking if this goes wrong, the arse could completely fall out of our season.

It might be worth scanning the whole set of fixtures for some further re-assurance. The fact that Celtic should be at their most menacing when Caley visit should be a bonus. There's plenty evidence of teams scudding the opposition when wrapping up a title and if that came to fruition it would do the goal difference no harm at all should it come in to play.

Continuing with Caley I think its significant that they have a derby game still to play, and on the last day of the season, away from home at that.

But if we don't win on the Friday then Celtic don't need to scud anyone and can have a party instead.

I accept the point about us requiring to win on the Friday to mathematically take it to the Saturday but I think in a sense our result will be irrelevant. Win or not on the Friday there will still be 50,000 plus of them buying tickets beforehand in the knowledge that they could be witnessing them win the league. It won't be just another routine home game.

I'm still fairly confident they'll do Caley by three or four goals that afternoon.

I'm not even go and try and predict these games. Look at all the predictions in the "Who will finish in the top six?" thread. I'm not sure if anyone came close. This league is far too close to predict individual games.

What I willl say is that the closeness of the league suits us because we have the cushion. Everyone will cut each others throats.

I actually beleive that 6 points will be enough to clinch 2nd spot because I don't think ICT will get 9 points.

I think 4 points could be enough for Europe with hopefully Celtic taking points off the other teams and them cutting each others throats.

7 points will hopefully be enough to secure second as long as some of them, be it 1 or 3, come against ICT.

Quite looking forward to the run in this year and I'm feeling strangely confident about our ability to finish 2nd which is dangerous.