Post Split Predictions

texanwellfan

Only 2 home games and they're on at a Sunday lunchtime and a Sunday teatime. Pish-utter pish. When is common sense going to prevail and bring an end to this split league nonsense. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

See even if we didnt have a split, do you think our fixtures would be better? Remember we are 2nd in the league, scoring goals& have a certain Faddy. We are a decent draw for TV

By the way I found out last night from Leeann that the Ross County game will be live on BBC Alba.

She said that the deal with ALBA gave them an option of 3 live games a year and they have never ever taken it up. This year they have taken it up and they have decided to cover 3 of Ross County's games.

Remember we are 2nd in the league, scoring goals& have a certain Faddy. We are a decent draw for TV . . . but still can't get people to come along to Fir Park in numbers (even when giving out free tickets), almost 9,000 at midweek Thistle v Morton game. The board and the team must be wondering what we need to do to get people down to Fir Park, more goals scored this season (again), second in the league so far (best of the rest again), big HIggy top SPL scorer, on track to beat our highest points total (which was last season), prospect of European football again. If people supported team by turning out then we could keep our decent players and attract others.

• Like 1

Remember we are 2nd in the league, scoring goals& have a certain Faddy. We are a decent draw for TV . . . but still can't get people to come along to Fir Park in numbers (even when giving out free tickets), almost 9,000 at midweek Thistle v Morton game. The board and the team must be wondering what we need to do to get people down to Fir Park, more goals scored this season (again), second in the league so far (best of the rest again), big HIggy top SPL scorer, on track to beat our highest points total (which was last season), prospect of European football again. If people supported team by turning out then we could keep our decent players and attract others.

Change the fucking record!

Its too expensive. Full stop.

Also the Morton v Partick game was a title decider. I am sure if we had the same style of game Fir Park would be packed out.

• Like 3

My reply to this earlier seems to have disappeared

But it was basically laughing at the simplistic view of why people should attend football

If you and all these people you think should be at a game are only interested in attacking football and being 2nd in the league then the club has no future

Regular match scheduling

Value for money

Less rigid policing and officialdom

And many other factors that our and the other clubs aren't even attempting to address need sorted before we will ever get people back and keep them coming

Edit: and your reference to the thistle game as a measure is laughable as well, I'll see you that and raise you any of our similar isolated games where something major was at stake

My reply to this earlier seems to have disappeared

But it was basically laughing at the simplistic view of why people should attend football

If you and all these people you think should be at a game are only interested in attacking football and being 2nd in the league then the club has no future

Regular match scheduling :- TV Money dictates obscure kick off times and the game cannot survive just now without it

Value for money :- 2nd in the league top goalscorer and some brilliant games this season oh and there's Faddy too, The Club have tried a whole variety of pricing options and still not getting extra people through the gates.

Less rigid policing and officialdom :- Most of our home games have no Police presence just stewards, can't say that I've seen much restrictive behavior from them

And many other factors that our and the other clubs aren't even attempting to address need sorted before we will ever get people back and keep them coming

Edit: and your reference to the thistle game as a measure is laughable as well, I'll see you that and raise you any of our similar isolated games where something major was at stake

The biggest threat to our attendances is people leaving the area to attend Celtic and Rangers games not sure there is much we can do about that other than as we are encouraging younger fans to come to Motherwell games and becoming Motherwell fans.

Blinkered, TV is God, all bow down to Tv

Walk on into the success your defence of the current status will deliver

Value supplied by MFC is only available with the initial outlay for a season ticket, try PATG for any of our really poor performances and see if it is value

And although I don't agree I'm aware of a few of the families that gave been encouraged along, that have missed home games due to the match scheduling that now see their investment in STs as not being value

We need fans visiting home and away games week in week out, try looking into that with regards policing and stewarding

But, aye lets not question or change anything for the fans benefit, everything is rosey

I'm the same,have missed 4 games due to rescheduling so season ticket hasn't exactly been value. Picking and choosing games next season as I simply can't justify the outlay and also not paying premium for what could be a season of pimped up first division football

Ahh right, fair do's then.

Kind of brings me back to an occasionally aired suggestion put the club about being able to buy blocks of games rather than a full season ticket. I.e you buy six games say across the season and you pick whatever six you want to see/can get to as the campaign progresses.

Awkward to administer? Possibly. But money in the bank up front and perhaps more chance of people still going than if they have already purchased - and buying drinks/food/souvenirs etc than a PATG punter if the season is a shitter.

Don't know if they still do it but Glasgow Warriors used to sell any game vouchers at 75% of the normal price, you could then use that to enter any home game other than the one with Edinburgh (I think), if we did the same but it was minus games with Celtic, you could by ten of them, make a good saving and go when you can. Only thing was you coudn't buy them at the ground on match day. Means you can provide your commitment to the club and then when a game suddenly is on a Wednesday morning (I really shouldn't give them ideas) you aren't out of pocket but you get the value of being a semi regular. Simple, easy to administer.

If there was such an offer, I'd probably be more inclined to go with that rather than renewing ST...

Which is good for the fan, but maybe doesn't make business sense for the club?

Many season ticket holders could look at that as a way of saving a few quid, meaning less season tickets sold...

Which is good for the fan, but maybe doesn't make business sense for the club?

Many season ticket holders could look at that as a way of saving a few quid, meaning less season tickets sold...

Or on the other hand, guys like myself who have been out the picture this season completely and who have absolutely no interest in attending any OF games at Fir Park, might see it as a very attractive alternative.

When you're PATG, it is far too easy find other ways to spend your weekend and cash.

I'd tend to go for this option if it were available.

Fair point!

I'm thinking from my point of view, as a season ticket holder who has missed 4 or 5 games due to work or other commitments. A package like this would be more attractive to me, but would cost the club money.

If I had 1 ticket left, and we had a game on TV, and a game not on TV, I'd go to the not on TV one, thus getting to see both games (much like I currently do with away games).

I don't know if the folk who downgraded from a season vs the folk who bought into it instead of PATG would balance out.

To give credit to MFC they are quite open to ideas to get bums on seats, and have the cheapest ticket prices on the SPL.

If they were to do it they wouldn't do it until during the season once they are sure they have maximised season ticket sales.

Along these lines, I reckon it would be a good Christmas gift for many, but if available in the summer, quite a few might choose it over a ST