The Sfa Cup

Special aka

I seriously hope they don't, but sadly I think they will.

A home cup tie - we need as many 'Well fans there as possible to get right behind the team and help us progress to the final! :(

It already feels horrible sitting in the East and seeing Old Firm fans at either side of you behind both goals. Actually find it quite intimidating. If they do get the Cooper we'll just need to fill out the East and O'Donnell stands and make as much noise as possible.

Yup, the question will be whether or not we will fill it or not. If Johnny Boyle thinks we will fill it then I do believe we'll get it. I think the natural instict is to say "Celtic in the Scottish cup, Fir Park will be rammed with 'well fans" but as Neil says, we were given it in the League Cup and didny fill it.

We were given the Cooper for the Rangers League Cup game and didn't even half fill it so I think the answer will be that Celtic get it.

we more than half filled it that night, in fact given the circumstances we had a good home crowd that night. Only Boyle's arrogance kept it from falling into our hands then.

The League cup game was midweek and live on the telly v rangers, If we get by St Mirren the game would more than likely be on the telly and then Celtic would never fill the Cooper. We should keep it for the cup game and tell them to fuck off and give them the South only, there would be just as many Well fans fill it being a cup game, all it needs is a bit of promotion and get into the 91 spirit. Sell it as we went north to go through first leg west in a replay to progress, ok miss out falkirk and then Celtic. If we do get by St Mirren it would show a lack of enthusiasm and hope from our club if they get that stand and i would seriously consider my future support.

MFC as a club have shown that money is more important to them than their own fans;would therefore be surprised more than anything if they allowed 'well fans into what is/was a home stand

The League cup match last season saw a healthy turnout in Cooper stand after 'well fans were effectively put on trial as to whether they could fill it

MFC as a club have shown that money is more important to them than their own fans

To be fair, a club like Motherwell needs it finances run tightly and if I'm not mistaken we are one of the very few clubs in Britain just now who have been running in the black (?). No doubt a result of taking tough decisions like giving the cooper to old firm fans. Without seeing and scrutinizing the club finances we can only assume it's sound a financial decision. Whether it's the right decision or not is entirely subjective.

For examples sake, would you be happy with the situation if John Boyle came out and said the extra revenue created from giving the Cooper away allows us to pay Klimpl's wages?

That's a pretty straightforward scenario but who knows, I've got a feeling it is as simple as that sometimes.

If they need to run the finances tightly and make tough decisions, then they need to cut the deadwood from the staff, both on and off the field. The amount of incompetence and questionable attitudes that go unpunished from folk in the club is ridiculous. And do away with the long-running but completely unjustifiable gravy train that exists for the cronies 'upstairs' aswell.

Frazzle

I love these arguments. I remember when Nancy dared not give us more than the tickets they did! The argument was "They'd never sell them all" yet Motherwell's board do what Motherwell fans think is right, but it's against them so it's wrong. So weird.

That's a definite whoosh moment for me that is :lol:

Just stop the whinging! :unsure:

Most people, myself included are fully behind the No Means No campaign (see the Celtic thread I opened) but lets be fair, we were not going to sell oot the Cooper, East and O'Donnell stand so why not re-sell already sold seats to make some extra bucks. Attendance might not be up (from pre-Cooper fiasco) but the fact of the matter is the ticket sales are.

lol I'm NO where near as auld as they two auld ćüňťš :unsure: but i'm even more confused now about what you mean:

so why not re-sell already sold seats to make some extra bucks. Attendance might not be up (from pre-Cooper fiasco) but the fact of the matter is the ticket sales are.

They were/are not already sold and probably will/would not be anyway?

and as for Celtic we've even taking to selling them locally from the ticket office (save the 5% but have to pay rentokill to fumigate the place)

They were/are not already sold and probably will/would not be anyway?

and as for Celtic we've even taking to selling them locally from the ticket office (save the 5% but have to pay rentokill to fumigate the place)

Tell me again how seats in the Cooper Stand are not already sold to Season Ticket Holders? If the season ticket holders didn't pay for their seats why the fuck are the moaning?

:unsure: But you were originally talking about Nancy and MFC's argument that they would never sell them all, so we shold get more as we would sell them? meaning more people in the ground and no one disrupted. were you not?

then you switched it round to giving the Cooper to the mauld firm

which is where I'm confused they do not sell them anymore and Motherwell fans are disrupted to the point of many not even going

the seats I'm talking about not being sold are the many that will be empty wether or not its Celtic or 'Well fans in the Cooper, so they will remain unsold either way

and anyway it doesn't really matter, you got a dig in earlier and I got to call them auld cűnts thanks to you reminding us all about character map in the Maroś thread :unsure: