Dundee United V Motherwell

cameltoe

If we can get out the blocks fast this is a game there for the taking. They'll want to bounce back after that cup loss but surely have to be a little physically and mentally drained by the 120 minutes of effort put in. If we can get on top early and not go behind I'd hope we could get the result.

Which would have the bonus of making Celtic need to get something against ICT, big weekend ahead!

I still worry about us playing on the telly on a Friday night , these fixtures have not always worked out well for us. Tannadice is always a difficult place to go as well but we're on a good run now so maybe we can get a positive result against a very inconsistent United. Maybe 2-2? I'd like to see Ojamma get a goal or two before the end of the season, his performances deserve it and it's not quite worked out for him this season.

You're only as good as your last Friday night live on the telly fixture so we are fucking amazing.

Add to the fact is our last trip to Tannadice was a 2-1 win, it's an away win banker ;)

Anyway, agree with the last score, 2-1 - x2 for Higdon and a welcome to the 25 a season club.

Big opportunity with ICT playing celtic. Im saying a tight 3-2 victory in a big step towards 2nd place.

And also will the drum be there? Remember folk saying they were always going to boycott tannadice after being refused entry a few years back, not sure if that was true or not.

I'd rather play them up there than face another soaking up pressure and hitting us on the break performance off Utd like the last couple at Fir Park.

They are very good at counter attacking football, a style that has troubled us in the past. However I reckon we will at least get a point, with Inverness hopefully losing to Celtic.

I'll go for a hard fought 2-2 draw.

It's a tricky one to call.

It may be wishful thinking to hope that with them going out the Cup they won't have the same intensity about them as they might have done if they were now playing for Cup Final places.

Having said that I don't think their actual result or performance will have any bearing on Friday's night's game as The Skipper above appears to be implying. I remember going to Firhill a week after our Semi Final against Rangers at Hampden a few years back thinking the same kind of display as the Semi Final would surely get us the points. We were awful. A shambolic shadow of the team that had been so good a week previous. Because you can hit the heights one week trying to reach a final, doesn't mean you are going to replicate that in a league game the next.

Obviously you want a fast start every week but if we could get an early lead and some of the Utd players do have any notions of going through the notions, then that can only be good for us.

1-0 Motherwell.

My initial reaction to this thread title is "OH NO NOT AGAIN!". Dundee Utd at Fir Park is the stuff of nightmares.

However, perhaps 120 minutes of high tempo football at the weekend will mean they are a wee bit leggy and we will have a bit more in the tank.

By the way Dundee Utd are the only team to beat us at Fir Park in the league since Hibs beat us on 26th October 2012.

Unfortunately they have managed it twice.

My initial reaction to this thread title is "OH NO NOT AGAIN!". Dundee Utd at Fir Park is the stuff of nightmares.

However, perhaps 120 minutes of high tempo football at the weekend will mean they are a wee bit leggy and we will have a bit more in the tank.

By the way Dundee Utd are the only team to beat us at Fir Park in the league since Hibs beat us on 26th October 2012.

Unfortunately they have managed it twice.

Just as well it's in Dundee then.

this is a huge game for and taking something from should mean we go up to inverness in second place, i expect it to be nervy but i also expect faddy, law and lasley to rise to the occasion.

in both games at home against united dodgy finishing cost us, i'd stick faddy up front with higdon for extra goal threat. carswell in for ojaama who can be an impact sub.