Dundee United V Motherwell

cameltoe

People would rather miss a game than not have a drum?

Principle intit? Whole busload were refused entry last time due to a jobsworth taking issue with the drum, one of their directors has allegedly stated there would never be a drum allowed inside their stadium whilst he was there. What are they scared of? That our drum will drown out their fantastic vocal support? It is not their place to refuse fans the right to support their team whatever way they see fit, including using a drum so they should not be making an issue over this. Just being c***s basically.

• Like 2

Principle intit? Whole busload were refused entry last time due to a jobsworth taking issue with the drum, one of their directors has allegedly stated there would never be a drum allowed inside their stadium whilst he was there. What are they scared of? That our drum will drown out their fantastic vocal support? It is not their place to refuse fans the right to support their team whatever way they see fit, including using a drum so they should not be making an issue over this. Just being c***s basically.

Spot on. They refused entry to 100+ last time round, either for being on the bus or simply trying to enter at the same time as those from the bus. We can talk all day about reconstruction but even with the best proposal in the world Scottish football will still be shite and unattractive to anyone who isnt already involved because of the way you are treated when you attend the game. Its time the clubs gave a shit about the matchday experience as a whole and until Utd reverse this decision we wont be back. The only way for them to take any notice is to hit them in the pocket.

• Like 1

fair play,i never realised it was as bad as all that.They seem to need all the money they can get now as well.

Ha ha, true, but Hell mend them, if they can wave ta ta to thousands of pounds they were otherwise guaranteed to receive they obviously dont need it, but folk do need to know about it to have any effect any future decisions.

What makes it even worse is that they dont even seem arsed. We've contacted them on numerous occasions via telephone call, letters and emails and they dont even bother to respond.

Not that it would probably make any difference, but would it make you feel any better to go to the press and draw attention to their attitude, particularly in the current environment?

I doubt that they'd pay enough attention to even be bothered running the story.

Edit: It might even do more bad than good. The last time it made the press, United came out with a statement to the press which at the absolute best was a very careful construction of the truth. Actually it was complete lies.

Here it is, 100% lies. While I wouldnt be daft enough to pretend no one on the bus had been drinking, it wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a rowdy away day and alcohol had absolutely nothing to do with the decision that day. We were told at the same it was completely to do with the flags and our "attitude".

I doubt that they'd pay enough attention to even be bothered running the story.

Edit: It might even do more bad than good. The last time it made the press, United came out with a statement to the press which at the absolute best was a very careful construction of the truth. Actually it was complete lies.

Fair enough... bollocks to them then

Bop why don't you take you 50 plus to the cooper suite Friday night? See if mfc will open the bar for you/anyone else who'd rather do that.

More money to the club and a good wee night?

Good idea, i'll float it with everyone else.

the same day, the "same" people decided to enter the Dundee Utd end with a "heavy hands, empty stands" banner

couldn't really have worked any better!!!!!!

St Mirren away on a Friday night i can deal with - getting to Dundee after work on a Friday I can't accept

so im taking the easy option of watching it on TV i'm afraid (cue the responses that me watching it on TV is exactly why these games end up getting moved!)

Who did you boys (with the drum contact?) My A-rab mate says the security head at Tanadice is an arse that tried to ban Craig Whyte masks for home fans when they played the Rangers. Reckons he wont last if Thomson realises hes costing united money.

Is there any way you or even Motherwell FC could try contact someone higher up the tree? Might russle some feathers.....

Also tweet about it to a few journos who are currently sticking it to SPL chairman, ewan murray, Cosgrove etc. It might raise some awareness

Part of me agrees with the whole boycott thing.... But a bigger part thinks isn't 3 points in our pursuit of a valuable second place more important than a drum or a flag. I shall prob get shot down here but yeah we'd be depriving utd of a couple of grand but what price on us finishing second. All the players have tweeted regularly about the impact the fans who have travelled to the away games have had. Do we really need a drum to get behind them???

• Like 2

Part of me agrees with the whole boycott thing.... But a bigger part thinks isn't 3 points in our pursuit of a valuable second place more important than a drum or a flag. I shall prob get shot down here but yeah we'd be depriving utd of a couple of grand but what price on us finishing second. All the players have tweeted regularly about the impact the fans who have travelled to the away games have had. Do we really need a drum to get behind them???

Was thinking that too. But then again, it's us thinking this way that makes it easier for them to get away with it.

Bottom line, though, is that, if I could, I would go to the game to help support the team rather than stiff Utd.

Completely understand the other point of view though and certainly not against their actions - especially after the problems they have had there in the past.

• Like 1