Live Screening Of Tomorrows Game

Bop

Just in from the Cooper, a massive thank you to everyone who turned up tonight, i'd estimate there was about 150 and at such late notice that was an excellent turn out. Noticed a few posts on the match thread regarding poor treatment in the stadium tonight, i'd be interested if anyone could post their accounts of events here to further highlight the problems we currently face.

Long time reader non poster.Was at game tonight.Got fractured ankle but got plaster off ,still wearing brace.Told stewards I struggled with stairs and wanted to sit downstairs,was told downstairs was for disabled fans only . IMHO they wanted. an extra.£2 of everyone cos the young team weren't there

I'm a little bit concerned here.

Does any other club have their own bar and open it for their fans to watch an away match on Sky/ESPN?

I've a feeling that United may try to pull a fast one on us especially when fans were forced into the upper tier (at extra cost) giving the impression that there were no away fans there, at least according to ESPN & BBC highlights that I have seen.

On the other hand, they may have shot themselves in the foot by emphasising the lack of the away support due to their policies on away fans.

• Like 1

Just in from the Cooper, a massive thank you to everyone who turned up tonight, i'd estimate there was about 150 and at such late notice that was an excellent turn out. Noticed a few posts on the match thread regarding poor treatment in the stadium tonight, i'd be interested if anyone could post their accounts of events here to further highlight the problems we currently face.

Well done Bop for organising this. A very poor show from United both before and during the game. Glad the event was a success and at least our own club benefitted financially. The 3-1 result also helped.

I'm a little bit concerned here.

Does any other club have their own bar and open it for their fans to watch an away match on Sky/ESPN?

I've a feeling that United may try to pull a fast one on us especially when fans were forced into the upper tier (at extra cost) giving the impression that there were no away fans there, at least according to ESPN & BBC highlights that I have seen.

On the other hand, they may have shot themselves in the foot by emphasising the lack of the away support due to their policies on away fans.

Didn't give you the negative rep - I can see what you are trying to get at - those that went to Dundee unwittingly suffered a backlash of additional entry money because of the Cooper event.

No mention of the closure of the bottom tier but Derek Rae on ESPN brought the issue up and attempted to give a balanced summary of why some Motherwell fans hadn't travelled whilst - wrongly countering that by stating United would argue they were only sticking to SPL guidelines about fans.

The questions about the top tier issue I would ask were Motherwell aware? If so when did they know and was it communicated to supporters. (I couldn't make last night so hadn't checked the arrangements the way I normally might).

If as I suspect Motherwell officials are unaware and it has proven to be a late cynical ploy by Dundee Utd to recoup some losses from stay away fans then time to start highlighting the issue when the opportunity arises on Off the Ball etc. and to the club, Trust, Well Society etc, to explore it further.

But to answer your original question - yes. The last Friday night game ESPN or Sky shown was I think Inverness at home to St Johnstone where Saints were advertising a High Tea at McDiarmid Park night where you obviously went for your dinner and watched the game with other fans who weren't able to make to the trip to Inverness.

Dundee Utd have surely broken the law here. It was advertised just before the game that the prices were 21pounds upper tier and 19pound lower. Now this might sound silly but what would happen if you travelled all the way to Dundee with just 19pound in your pocket as that was the advertised price?

I will make a point of never visiting that ground again. I hope the MFC comment on this whole sham.

I would just like to make the point we never ever would actively try an persuade fans from going an supporting their team.

Every day we can see money having a bigger and bigger say on our game, it is becoming more apparent money cares more to clubs than the fans that built them. Football has become a business not a social or community pastime it once was, in this regard what other business would treat their customers time and time again in this way? You wouldn't go to the same resteraunt, shop , bar if you felt your custom was not valued, infanct actively forced away. Why should football be any different?

Clubs play off the loyalties of great supporters time and time again taking out custom for granted. This can not continue.

United's childish and petty decision to force away fans who took the time and effort to make the game 100+ miles away on a Friday evening, to pay the extra £2 for the top tier, only serves to prove the point we are making.

I would just like to make the point we never ever would actively try an persuade fans from going an supporting their team.

Every day we can see money having a bigger and bigger say on our game, it is becoming more apparent money cares more to clubs than the fans that built them. Football has become a business not a social or community pastime it once was, in this regard what other business would treat their customers time and time again in this way? You wouldn't go to the same resteraunt, shop , bar if you felt your custom was not valued, infanct actively forced away. Why should football be any different?

Clubs play off the loyalties of great supporters time and time again taking out custom for granted. This can not continue.

United's childish and petty decision to force away fans who took the time and effort to make the game 100+ miles away on a Friday evening, to pay the extra £2 for the top tier, only serves to prove the point we are making.

Absolutely 100% with you.

Told a couple of non Wellfans at work what was going on. They werent surprised. Just shook their heads and said this is one of the reasons Scottish Football is in the state it is.

This needs to be highlighted as much as possible to embarass United to ensure NO club ever acts this way again.

The questions about the top tier issue I would ask were Motherwell aware? If so when did they know and was it communicated to supporters. (I couldn't make last night so hadn't checked the arrangements the way I normally might).

If as I suspect Motherwell officials are unaware and it has proven to be a late cynical ploy by Dundee Utd to recoup some losses from stay away fans then time to start highlighting the issue when the opportunity arises on Off the Ball etc. and to the club, Trust, Well Society etc, to explore it further.

The first step is to contact Dundee United and find out why the bottom tier was closed and why there was no prior warning of this. Incidentally the home "shed" was also closed.

Its a very poor show if they closed the bottom tier without any prior notification. Had they wanted to close it for safety/cost cutting reasons then they could have offered those who wanted to sit there cheaper entry to the Upper Tier (there must have been a way of administering this). The amount of money involved would have been less than £200 in all likelihood.

At the very least they should be asked to explain themselves.

Dundee Utd have surely broken the law here. It was advertised just before the game that the prices were 21pounds upper tier and 19pound lower. Now this might sound silly but what would happen if you travelled all the way to Dundee with just 19pound in your pocket as that was the advertised price?

I will make a point of never visiting that ground again. I hope the MFC comment on this whole sham.

Just to make the point,

Dundee united advertised that last night visiting fans would be housed in the upper stand priced at £21/£12 , http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=172 , now it might not have been fully clear and hidden away in a page less prominent than their standard pricing structure and I don't agree with making fans pay extra, but it was there.

It might also be worth noting that our very club screw over visiting fans by charging them even more, £22/£15/£12

Which is a bigger disgrace IMHO

So if making a point in the media, on the £21 price be sure to make it for he correct reasoning

Been listening and a good shout to give him the story to push, a few points slightly of the mark but the core point is many clubs and the governing bodies are miles away from delivering what fans want

If anyone is on, it might be worth mentioning that Dundee united have resorted to playing canned applause at the start of each half to fake an atmosphere, when they could easily have had another hundred or so generating the real thing

Edit: and Hammell is one of the studio guests

Excellent coverage on Off the Ball. Well done to Tam Cowan for supporting the issue and also to Fraser who came across well and dispelled any thoughts that the Bois are just a bunch of neds with an attitude problem. Round 1 to the fans.

I left work early ,never had my tea,and was knackered driving back down the road and to be honest i would have paid an extra £5 to get in and see the team i follow strick it right up that baldy wee twat of a tightwad chairmain..... He looks like a worried man ~ a man running out of money ?:thumbup: