Live Screening Of Tomorrows Game

Bop

A real good listen, Tam Cowan was excellent as was Fraser, the point Tam made about the clubs having a great relationship historically ie The McLean brothers cup final and more recently Phill O'Donnell game but the treatment of our fans is spoiling the relationship made real sense.

Also noted Dundee Utd refused to respond to the situation which would indicate they realise they have made an arse of the situation

Fair play to Tam Cowan for giving the bois issues coverage throughout the whole off the ball show . Some good points made and Fraser on behalf of the lads came across very well . Also good to hear Hammys positive comments on them and making the point that the players missed them being there last night.

Showed them in a good light in the way they go about things, communicating with clubs etc. , and on the other hand showed Utd up for the c#cks that they are.

Hopefully the negative publicity for Utd at least shames them into doing the right thing in future.

Just to make the point,

Dundee united advertised that last night visiting fans would be housed in the upper stand priced at £21/£12 , http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=172 , now it might not have been fully clear and hidden away in a page less prominent than their standard pricing structure and I don't agree with making fans pay extra, but it was there.

It might also be worth noting that our very club screw over visiting fans by charging them even more, £22/£15/£12

Which is a bigger disgrace IMHO

So if making a point in the media, on the £21 price be sure to make it for he correct reasoning

Most people would only check the MFC website, which stated £19/£21 dependant on which tier you were in. For MFC to publish this, it must have been the information Dundee United gave them.

Motherwell have probably then went to United and told then a number of away fans would not be attending. United have then probably made the decision to close the lower tier due to a lower than expected away support and not passed this information on to Motherwell.

an awful lot of assumption in there Motherwell Fan,

Bop, you delivered enough points and were perfectly articulate etc. to represent you and the bois, side of things really well,

its a shame United have chosen to hide behind the League rules on this subject, its a personal bug bear if mine, when clubs choose to do it, as quite simply the clubs are the league.

if these rules are the reason, then United should be coming out publicly and siding with the fans but slate the rules, and force a change

Fucking idiots the lot of them, sponsorship income getting damaged almost on a daily basis , after-all, who wants to associate with incompetent buffoons who cannot even overcome a simple mistake in the rules which they created?

• Like 1

Is the rule not along the lines of "anything that could be used as a weapon"?

That's particularly vague, but I don't ever remember hearing of a drum being used as a weapon?

Will we be getting asked to remove belts, hand over coins, lighters...

Don't give them ideas.. :dash2:

Also noted Dundee Utd refused to respond to the situation

Quite shocking and totally unacceptable.

Paying customers should be treated with much more respect. Such an attitude would not be tolerated in most organisations. If we are wrong then United should tell us that and explain their reasoning.

Cheers Andy & Squirrelhumper for your replies.

My real concern was that we may have been setting some form of precedent by showing the match live in a bar within the club grounds. Is the Cooper Suite normally open on Friday nights for general access for example?

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what the lads did and it was noticeable that the club did not promote the fact the match could be watched at Fir Park. The only promotion I saw from the club for fans who could not make the match was to listen to the commentary on MFC TV.

Perhaps I'm being a little paranoid but the next step here is for clubs to say "Why travel away when you can watch the match here, in your home ground?"

For European away matches I can understand, but for SPL matches? That shows the grip SKY/ESPN has over our game where some matches are inaccessible to the ordinary fan.

/rant

@weeyin Unlike P&B you can't click on the rep count to find out who has given rep. Interesting who ever it was has not appeared here to explain why :whistling:

@weeyin Unlike P&B you can't click on the rep count to find out who has given rep. Interesting who ever it was has not appeared here to explain why :whistling:

It works when I click on my own and even when I click on other peoples (including your post) I can see who gave you postive and negative reps.

• Like 2

Is the rule not along the lines of "anything that could be used as a weapon"?

That's particularly vague, but I don't ever remember hearing of a drum being used as a weapon?

Will we be getting asked to remove belts, hand over coins, lighters...

I think they would say it was the drumsticks rather than the drum that they had an issue with similar to some clubs banning sticks on flags. Don't know what they would make of the piper who played all through the St. Johnstone game yesterday!

I think they would say it was the drumsticks rather than the drum that they had an issue with similar to some clubs banning sticks on flags. Don't know what they would make of the piper who played all through the St. Johnstone game yesterday!

There was a supporter beside us in the disabled section in the lower tier waving a flag (with a stick) for most of the game.

Cheers Andy & Squirrelhumper for your replies.

My real concern was that we may have been setting some form of precedent by showing the match live in a bar within the club grounds. Is the Cooper Suite normally open on Friday nights for general access for example?

Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with what the lads did and it was noticeable that the club did not promote the fact the match could be watched at Fir Park. The only promotion I saw from the club for fans who could not make the match was to listen to the commentary on MFC TV.

Perhaps I'm being a little paranoid but the next step here is for clubs to say "Why travel away when you can watch the match here, in your home ground?"

For European away matches I can understand, but for SPL matches? That shows the grip SKY/ESPN has over our game where some matches are inaccessible to the ordinary fan.

/rant

On Friday night we hired the hall for the use of a private function. The club did not actively discourage anyone from travelling or advertise the fact that the game would be shown in the stadium either, they were just good enough to give us the suite. There are pubs all round Motherwell that show the games live when we happen to be on and it doesn't stop the fans that want to travel from going to see the game, I dont see the difference here.

• Like 1

There was a supporter beside us in the disabled section in the lower tier waving a flag (with a stick) for most of the game.

Was everyone okay? No brutal maimings or hospitalisations? Sticks are deadly.

Cannot believe the complete silence from United on this. Shameful.

Was everyone okay? No brutal maimings or hospitalisations? Sticks are deadly.

Cannot believe the complete silence from United on this. Shameful.

Hiding behind ludicrous rules & regulations, to simply quote rule numbers without explaining them is ignorant in the extreme and shows they are fearing a backlash I reckon. Probably hoping the less they say the quicker it will blow over.

For what my opinion's worth, probably not much, I just wanted to commend Fraser (Bop?) on how he came across on Off The Ball this weekend. I only just had the chance to listen back on the iplayer today. A number of points were communicated very well without histrionics or hyperbole. Well played.

• Like 4