2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

If he'd played an absolute blinder on Sunday they would have undoubtedly shown an interest but I wonder if his performance which, by his admission, was his worse so far this season will keep them away.

Wasn't that bad imo though he's had better. Again only doubt bigger clubs I think will have over him is his overall fitness. That is looking decent and he's getting a good run of games.

I agree he doesn't fit their general signing policy and I do hope they stick to that, but he should be a no brainer for them. A player way better than the SPL that is available for free and got a good couple of seasons at least in him. No great future profit but no great cost either.

Hope they daft enough to look elsewhere.

Lasley not given up hope of Faddy staying.

States Neil Lennon has made it clear he is an admirer, yet the Record stated he's not interested :blink:

We can but hope he stays anyway!

From Evening Times.

KEITH LASLEY says he has not given up hope of James McFadden staying on at Motherwell after the summer.

The Fir Park favourite's presence in the starting XI has triggered an eight-game unbeaten run, all but securing second place as well as a Europa League qualifying spot in the process.

But Celtic gaffer Neil Lennon has made it clear he is an admirer of the former Scotland talisman, who played a key role in the 3-1 victory over Celtic at the weekend.

With McFadden himself admitting that he had already been close to signing for Celtic in the past, prior to a move to Everton, and that his family have resettled north of the border, it would seem likely that the 29-year-old's future may lie at Parkhead.

However, with the Fir Park board having already dug deep to persuade Faddy to sign his current short-term deal, his old friend Las has not given up hope that his pal can be persuaded to stick around for next season's assault on Europe.

The Motherwell captain said: "I think with James you can never say never.

"His family are settled now in Glasgow and I think it would be a big consideration for him to re-locate back down south again.

"Neil Lennon has said what he has said, but James is held in the highest regard at Motherwell and he is a certain starter here.

"We have now secured our place in the Europa qualifiers and if he stayed on then he would be central to our effort to get through them and make it into the Europa League for the first time ever."

HE ADDED: "James is very hungry to get back in the Scotland set-up and the best way to do that is to be starting every week, just as he is at Motherwell.

"At Celtic there is so much competition for places and who knows who will come in for them in the summer.

"The other thing is that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. You can tell how much James is enjoying his football at Motherwell and maybe at this stage in his career that will have taken on extra importance for him.

"It would be a fantastic boost for us if we could persuade him to stay."

Well head for Inverness on Saturday needing just a point to secure second place. With the Steelmen boasting a 100% record against Terry Butcher's side and having scored 12 goals in the previous three games against them, Lasley is determined to go for the shut-out.

The Fir Park skipper said: "We have played some of our best football against Inverness this season and hopefully that will continue to be the case on Saturday.

"But at the same time we know that they will be absolutely determined to get the win they need, and their first over us this season, to stay in the hunt for second place.

"You look at our away record this season and we have nine wins on the road, which is the best in the SPL, so we will head north in very positive mood and determined to add to that tally."

Football Rumour Site

30 Apr 2013 18:27:31

Stuart McCall to be named SPL manager of the year, thus attracting the interest of the bigger clubs in England, working with shoestring budgets (Which is probably tens times the amount he is working with at Motherwell by the way. He is likely to join Murphy at Sheffield United, and take Law, Randolph, and Humphrey with him. Watch this space.

:help:

Has anything on that site been true?

Lol Nothing has ever been true from that site...Its comical :laugh: but gives the In and Outs room a chance to slate it.

Has anything on that site been true?

Never once.

Randolph to Brum surfaced last week. Good move for him, not so much for us.

Scratch n sniff scudbooks. I'm going to revive a dying industry.

Anyway.

Its Alex Cisak, presumably being lined up as a Randolph replacement. 6ft 4, 24 year old austrailian u20 international orlf polish descent. Started career at Leicester before spells at Accrington Stanley, Oldham and Portsmouth on loan. Seems to be out of favour at Oldham.

Used to impress me with Scotland under 21s but faded before leaving Falkirk. Not in the same class as Law but may be worth a shout.

There will be a host of players looking for a return north. Seen Gomes and Bauben linked with Aberdeen and Sevco.

Be pretty delighted if we could get Arfield. He was a tidy player, and we need a new guitar player.

Dunno about buaben, or particularly gomes. Heard a few United folk saying that Gomes HATED Scotland when he was here, which was part (Peter Houston being the other) of the reason that he wanted out. Both are deece players though.