2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I couldn't care less whether he's an ex-Jambo, and he is (was?) a fine keeper, but AFAIK it's not even clear at the moment whether he'll be able to play competitive football again. Unless we're in the market for a goalkeeping coach as well and could offer him that role if it didn't work out, I'd say it's too big a punt for a club of our meagre resources.

What about Rab Douglas? He's being freed by Dundee and despite his age is still a decent stopper for the SPL. He's a 'Well fan aswell into the bargain so he might well be keen.

We could do alot worse IMHO.

douglas would be a decent goalkeeping coach for somebody but as a player hes done

Fair point, but arguably the same could have been said of Gordon Marshall when he signed for us and he was an excellent goalkeeper during his time at Fir Park.

• Like 2

we need to be looking to sign a youngish goalkeeper that wants to take there career onto the next level much like ruddy and randolph were when they came,we would be going backwards if we signed somebody like rab douglas

on

we need to be looking to sign a youngish goalkeeper that wants to take there career onto the next level much like ruddy and randolph were when they came,we would be going backwards if we signed somebody like rab douglas

Totally agree. Hopefully we have a list of possibles in the knowledge that Randolph was likely to be offski. Can't really see Hollis as more than a back-up tbh if we have any real ambition .

Stuart McCall to Everton...?

I, of course, know this isn't going to happen. Just know someone would say it. Thought I'd get in first...

Funny, I backed out of a tweet suggesting this not more than an hour ago :lol:

Alex Cisak fits that bill, of what little I know about him. It was literally one line at the end of a gossip page mind you, but its too obscure a link for there to be nothing in it. Its not like saying Suarez to real Madrid for example.

Stuart McCall from Evening Times.

Sounds like Randolph & Law are definitely off. My prayers for a miracle to happen have fallen on deaf ears :angry:

MOTHERWELL boss Stuart McCall has resigned himself to losing both Darren Randolph and Nicky Law.

21030216.JPG Nicky Law is expected to exit Fir Park this summer Republic of Ireland international goalkeeper Randolph and midfield maestro Law are out of contract in the summer and look certain to move on.

The shot-stopper is top of the wanted list at Championship side Burnley while Birmingham, who were also known to have had an interest in Law, are believed to be weighing up a summer move for the Well No.1.

Twenty five-year-old Law had been on the radar of Brum boss Lee Clark, but the signature of Inverness playmaker Andrew Shinnie is likely to have put that move to bed.

But while the Fir Park star is keen on a move back down south for family reasons, he remains a wanted man at Ibrox where Gers boss Ally McCoist is desperate to add proven SPL quality to his midfield.

Contact between Rangers and Law's representatives over a move to Govan is believed to have been made and Fir Park boss McCall is prepared for the worst.

"Nicky came to Motherwell on the understanding that he would be here for two years and the move has worked out really well," he said.

"But I would think we will probably be losing him in the summer.

"After the season Nicky has had he will have come to the attention of a few clubs and there is nothing we can do about that.

"It is probably a similar case with Darren, but the great thing for us is that we have cover in both positions with young guys who are desperate to come in and stake their claim."

It will be interesting to see if McCall will use this weekend's home finale against Ross County on Sunday to utilise some of his likely lads for next season.

The suspension of Henrik Ojamaa could see a start for Bob McHugh in attack along with top scorer and PFA Scotland Player of the Year Michael Higdon.

Given Law's likely exit, the Well boss could look to start midfield prodigy Stuart Carswell, while Lee Hollis may similarly be entrusted with the gloves.

Yet it is more likely that McCall will elect to stay with his tried and trusted, particularly since Motherwell may need a point to finally win the race for second.

With the Fir Park men six points and 10 goals to the better of third-placed Inverness with just two games left, he will be determined to put the issue to bed with an emphatic home victory in front of a bumper home crowd.

The Motherwell manager said: "We were very disappointed to lose at Inverness last week.

"Although we were not at our best, the pitch did not help and neither did Henrik Ojamaa's dismissal.

"This is a chance to say thanks to the fans for another fantastic season of support and we are determined to make the most of the opportunity."

God, the knickers of the Glasgow press really are absolutely ringing at the tiniest possibility of Law going to Ibrox.

Tragic.

God, the knickers of the Glasgow press really are absolutely ringing at the tiniest possibility of Law going to Ibrox.

Tragic.

They wet their pants at a day with a 'Y' in it cos it means another opportunity to write up some Super Sally drivel. Let me see now, Burnley, Birmingham, Sheff Utd, Rangers?????:laugh: Aye fucking right :lol:

The reason for signing youngish keepers that want to take there career onto the next level is to sell them but we've not made any money out of Ruddy or Randolph.

Really, we just need a good goalkeeper. Doesn't matter what age he is or where he wants his career to go.

• Like 1