2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Motherwell FC are today pleased to confirm young midfielder Stuart Carswell has signed a year extension to his contract.

The 19-year old, a product of the Motherwell Academy, is now tied to the club until the summer of 2015.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2013/03/21/carswell-signs-contract-extension/

Have we as a support learnt nothing from the treatment of Higgy wallbash.gif The time to decide he is shite is after he has signed and actually played for us.

To be fair, Higdon regularly caused us problems, at least. Tade is quick but less of a threat than Humphrey...

To be fair, Higdon regularly caused us problems, at least. Tade is quick but less of a threat than Humphrey...

Didn't stop him being generally seen as shite when he signed for us, and for a prolonged period after. Only to spectacularly prove people wrong. Point is just because someone is shite at another team doesn't mean they will be shite here (Clancy for example)

Tade is a physical specimen. Big, very strong with decent pace. More a target man than a finisher although I remember him scoring a cracker against us at Fir Park for Inverness.

He's an established first team player at St. Johnstone so even if he hasn't scored as many goals this season as he did for Inverness he obviously offers something to the team.

He might be a candidate if Higdon moves on but I can't see us being interested in him if the Player of the Year stays.

Have we as a support learnt nothing from the treatment of Higgy wallbash.gif The time to decide he is shite is after he has signed and actually played for us.

I treated Higgy fine, from his days at Falkirk he was always a handful against us and you could see he was good player at this level. I was delighted when we signed him and defended on here and at Fir Park on many occasions when, for reasons beyond my comprehension, idiots were giving him abuse for doing his job. It was obvious to anyone with a brain he's not a lone striker and needed support, McCall brought in Ojamaa and the rest as they say is history. By the way I think Sunday was again evidence that Higdon isn't as effective without Ojamaa but I digress.

The point is Higdon was a good player who I use to dread coming up against, Tade is just comically bad and a complete and utter donkey. To try and replace Higdon with him would be a waste of a wage, Higdon had more goals by the end of September than Tade has managed all season.

I'd rather give Moore and McHugh a shot than sign Tade. He's an abomination of a footballer in my honest opinion. You can disagree if you so wish but that's my view on signing Gregory Tade, he'd have my absolute support if he did sign but I'd be very, very disappointed if we were looking at Tade.

• Like 1

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/exclusive-motherwell-star-nicky-law-holds-signing-talks-with-rangers-124204n.21071380

NICKY LAW today revealed he has held signing talks with Rangers' manager Ally McCoist.

The 24-year-old Motherwell midfielder will play his last game for the club in the SPL finale at St Johnstone on Sunday.

And he admitted he has offers on the table from two English Championship clubs and a League One outfit, but McCoist is the only gaffer he has spoken to.

Law said: "I have talked to Ally and I was very impressed with what he had to say and his plans for Rangers and their future.

"He is the only manager I have spoken to so far, although it is my intention to speak to the other clubs over the next week or so.

"This is obviously a huge decision for me, but Rangers are a massive club and the chance to play in front of 50,000 fans every other week is something you don't get with half of the Barclays Premier League and that is a huge attraction with Rangers.

"They are a massive club with a great history and the manager is absolutely determined to take them back up where they belong. But I am not going to rush things and I plan to speak to Ally again after I have spoken to the other clubs."

A key part of any proposed move to Ibrox will centre around the length of contract, and McCoist is understood to have indicated the deal on offer is long-term.

Law said: "Rangers are one of the biggest clubs in the world and their interest is very flattering. If I do decide to take that option, I would want to be going there with a crack at the SPL very much in mind.

"But we will see how things pan out because it is a decision I cannot afford to rush. I am very lucky to have someone like Stuart McCall, who has been through all of this before, on hand to help and advise me.

"The next move for me will be the biggest of my career and I must get it right."

The Motherwell star admitted saying goodbye on Sunday will not be easy after two seasons with the club.

He added: "Motherwell has been a great move for me. I have played with a smashing bunch of boys and really it has exceeded my wildest dreams. Everyone at the club has been different class with me, although it is time for a fresh challenge.

"My focus now is on doing everything I can to ensure we end the season on a high with three points at St Johnstone and that every one of our fans goes away with a smile on their faces over the summer."

:wallbash:

It will be a mixture of disappointment, despair and disbelief if Law signs for that circus. No ambition whatsoever in playing in the Scottish lower leagues, just purely for the cash.

I would've liked to have thought he was better than that. Of course nothing is signed yet, but that interview gives me the boak.

I'm sure his words have been prettied up for the knuckle draggers that read that rag, but surely the lad's got more ambition than to play against posties and butchers...Mind you... £10k a week till they go bust and then a quick move to the championship... Maybe he's no that daft after all....

It will be a mixture of disappointment, despair and disbelief if Law signs for that circus. No ambition whatsoever in playing in the Scottish lower leagues, just purely for the cash.

I would've liked to have thought he was better than that. Of course nothing is signed yet, but that interview gives me the boak.

Can only echo all of the above.

Don't be daft Nicky!