2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I think he is just being polite. If a top end Championship side come in for him I think the lure of that may be more than Rangers.

But depends on how much they are offering him. 10K a week can't be sniffed at and I think most players would find it hard to turn that down.

Also in two years Rangers will probably be back in the SPL - so there is an attraction there too.

Gutted if he does move there, but can't really blame him if he did.

IMO this would be a terrible move for Nicky's career. Yes he'll get to play in front of 40000+ and yes he'll get a decent wage but for his longer career would he be developed playing at such a level and would he really want the hassle that comes with that club and that city.

I can understand ambition to move on to bigger challenges and at the same time more cash (ie Randy) but not in this way.

it would be a terrible career move. Imagine one of the old firm teams singing the nicky law song I would actually whitey my load

please nicky go further your career in the championship and stay away from the old firm wankers :wank:

IMO this would be a terrible move for Nicky's career. Yes he'll get to play in front of 40000+ and yes he'll get a decent wage but for his longer career would he be developed playing at such a level and would he really want the hassle that comes with that club and that city.

I can understand ambition to move on to bigger challenges and at the same time more cash (ie Randy) but not in this way.

Footballers dont the clubs the way supporters see...!

Rangers is still a massive attraction wether we like it or not. The circus might be crazy but if you'd a package of around 8-10k, then they dont really care. Maybe he feels settled in Scotland and maybe there is no decent offer from down south...

And as mentioned above, Rangers will be back in the SPL in 2 years and if everything goes to plan for a chnage at Rangers, they will challenge for the title straight away.

Funny things papers. Nicky Law is going to Rangers, but at the same time:

Rangers are skint.

I still can't see it. He'll get offered better money, at a better level down south. Rangers are losing in the region of a million quid a month. I'll be amazed if they don't end up in administration again.

Footballers dont the clubs the way supporters see...!

Rangers is still a massive attraction wether we like it or not. The circus might be crazy but if you'd a package of around 8-10k, then they dont really care. Maybe he feels settled in Scotland and maybe there is no decent offer from down south...

And as mentioned above, Rangers will be back in the SPL in 2 years and if everything goes to plan for a chnage at Rangers, they will challenge for the title straight away.

Don't be too sure about the Govan mob being in the spl in 2 years time.... the way they are haemorrhaging money(£1.2m/month), there's a very strong chance that they'll be bust again within a year. He'd be absolutely mental to even think about going there to further his career. He should be heading south!

The players The Rangers sign this season and next will be replaced by cheap foreign imports as soon as they get their promotion back into the SPL though. Any player who thinks they'll have a chance of being in an SPL winning The Rangers team are deluded.

It doesn't really matter if you are playing in front of 50,000 if you are playing Stenhousemuir. You aren't going to develop as a player unless you are up against equal or better players every week.

Secondly, if The Rangers hit a sticky patch next campaign you can guarantee that 50k will soon drop to 10k.

I don't think Law is stupid enough to join them (although his haircut suggests otherwise), but if he does, it's his loss. I have never been one to worry about where our ex-players end up. It's all about who is pulling on the claret and amber - the rest are just teams to beat.

• Like 1

anytime a bid comes in for a player and its accepted, you always hear that the player will go and talk to them out of respect - maybe he is playing the game.

whether we like it or not, Rangers are a massive club and in comparison to Motherwell pay massive wages (its a job at the end of the day - he wants to make as much as he can)

now - he spoke to Rangers because he is close-by, (if he didnt live in the Central belt, he probably wouldnt have spooken to them yet) you always hear players/managers saying dont burn your bridges - you only have to listen to Lennon the other day when asked about the Everton job. He does say he will speak to those other clubs too. His agent wil be telling those clubs that he has already spoken to Rangers which in turn, will make them possibly up their offer - more money for Nicky, more money for the agent

Nicky Law won't be a Motherwell player next season, that's pretty much where my interest in the matter ends. He's been a good servant to Motherwell so best of luck to him. I honestly couldn't give a shit where he ends up, it's his career and it's his life. Let him worry about it and let us get on with finding a replacement.

• Like 3

From our perspective the Evening Times article doesn't make very nice reading. Ofcourse we don't want him to end up there!

The significant line in there for me is where he remarks that McCoist is just the first of the managers he has spoken to, and he has more talks to come down south. Kind of gets lost a little in the boak inducing praise of all things Rangers.

From his perspective I think Law has conducted himself quite cleverly in that he has told Rangers and McCoist everything they would want to hear whilst still keeping the door open elsewhere. You just don't know what the other contract talks might hold so keep them sweet for the meantime rather than a definitve "no" at an early stage.

I would still hope that a Championship side aspiring to make it to the English top flight will prove more attractive than four games next season against Airdrie!

Would be desperately disappointed if Law ended up at The Temple of Doom.

I can understand the lure from a players point of view but if there are a couple of Championship clubs also interested then you have to imagine they can match Rangers wages and offer the possibility of EPL football.

For the sake of his career development I hope he heads south.

It never fails to amaze me that fans are surprised when this sort of thing happens.

Whether you like it or not going to Rangers will be a good move for Nicky Law.

First of all he's getting paid a lot more, training at better facilities and playing in front of 10 times as many fans in a world class stadium, for an internationally renown club.

Even if he decides to move on from Rangers I absolutely guarantee you that he will get a better deal moving from Rangers to a Championship club than he would moving from Motherwell to a Championship club regardless of what division the two clubs are playing in.

If he doesn't move on, he'll sign a better contract than the one he's already going to be much wealthier with in the present.

Do you honestly think playing at St. Johnstone or Inverness in front of 3,000 people or playing in front of similar numbers at Alloa is off much consideration to Nicky Law?

Any move is risky for a player, this move is as cushy a move as anyone will ever get. Tons of cash, great facilities, big club, almost guaranteed first team football and a great springboard to either move up the levels or move on a club in England.

Anyone giving impartial advice to Nicky Law will be saying "sign as soon as you possible can".

• Like 1

Sky Sports understands Birmingham City have agreed a deal to sign Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph on a free transfer.

Motherwell boss Stuart McCall revealed last week that he expected to lose Randolph at the end of the season when his contract expires.

A number of clubs are thought to have expressed an interest in signing Randolph, but Birmingham have won the race for his signature.

Birmingham boss Lee Clark has been looking for a new goalkeeper to replace Jack Butland who is heading to Stoke next season after joining them in January before being loaned back.

Randolph has spent the last three years at Motherwell and he has impressed during his time in the SPL.

The 25-year-old is thought to have undergone a medical at St Andrew's and is set to become Birmingham's second signing of the summer following the arrival of Andrew Shinnie from Inverness on a free transfer.

Link

It never fails to amaze me that fans are surprised when this sort of thing happens.

Whether you like it or not going to Rangers will be a good move for Nicky Law.

Like I posted earlier, I really don't care what players do with their career after they leave us.

However, "good move" depends on whether you are looking at finances or developing as a player. Best case, a couple of seasons in the Scottish lower divisions is going to leave any decent players' development pretty static. Worst case it could set them back.

Great players become great by competing against the best.

Wouldn't like him going to Rangers, but reading the article it says he has offers from a number of clubs and he will be speaking to them all over the next week or so.

Thats a far cry from some of the headlines and tweets I've read that he's going to Rangers.

Wouldn't like him going to Rangers, but reading the article it says he has offers from a number of clubs and he will be speaking to them all over the next week or so.

Thats a far cry from some of the headlines and tweets I've read that he's going to Rangers.

Exactly. It reads to me like he was approached by The Rangers, and spoke to them, as anybody would with any job offer. He's obviously got other options to investigate but doesn't want to make any decisions until he's checked them all out. I expect we'll see him down south next season, but he'd be stupid to tell The Rangers to stick it before he's seen what else is out there.

In saying that, he's far too good a player for that mob...blum3.gif