2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

yeah all the best to randolph

we really have been spoiled last few years

and if samson does come lets hope he can fill randolphs

boots

verv

Nicky Law won't be a Motherwell player next season, that's pretty much where my interest in the matter ends. He's been a good servant to Motherwell so best of luck to him. I honestly couldn't give a shit where he ends up, it's his career and it's his life. Let him worry about it and let us get on with finding a replacement.

have to agree with that..Law has done well in his time at Fir park..but i dont care where he goes..if he has decided to move on. Lets think about the players staying and any new signings

I don't think many non 'well fans appreciate how good Randolph is.

I've had several folk look surprised when I say he is better than John Ruddy.

(Or at least he is better than Ruddy was for Motherwell if that makes sense)

I hope he goes to the top of the game!

We are no different as a club from the days when the Ancell Babes side was broken-up and sold. In these days there was no such thing as freedom of contract so players pretty much were at a club until the club received an offer they 'couldn't refuse' or until they were done and let go under free transfer.

If these same conditions existed now then we'd be able to hold all the players that are 'out of contract' and if they wanted a move, clubs interested in signing them would be bound to pay us a transfer fee.

Freedom of contract has certainly made it much easier for clubs and not only the so-called bigger clubs, to take each other's players at no cost in terms of a transfer fee.

Footballers careers are short and I for one can't blame them for seeking to maximise their earnings potential despite the fact that some might go to clubs we'd rather they didn't go to. It's happened before that we've lost some of our best players to the dreaded OF - Joe McBride, Dixie Deans, Andy Walker, Brian McClair, Tom Boyd, Phil O'Donnell, Stephen Pearson to Celtic with Peter McCloy, Tom Forsyth and Nicky Walker to Rangers. To name but some.

So if Nicky Law does go to The Rangers (and it would only be for the money surely) then he will be following a well-trodden path and like the rest before him he will be replaced and soon forgotten. The king/queen is dead. Long live the king/queen.

To a large extent this is sometimes the price you have to pay for having a season as successful as the one we have just had.

The real dilemma is for the manager, who has to continually build his team only to lose some of it and then have to go back and start the process again and again while at the same time the fans are looking for the success to be repeated. Sooner or later, if the manager is any good and is ambitious he too will seek to move to a club with greater financial resources in terms of his salary and being able to hold on to good players by offering them higher wages.

• Like 1

Did Tade not score a few good goals against us? Dont think he will be the worst signing ever. In regards to Gordon I think it depends on the deal. If we can get him on a cheap deal, I would probably take him on and give him a 6-months deal and see how he goes on. However, on the flip side, if we sign Samson why spend money for another goalie?

But then: At least we are about to sign players as early as May... First time I have seen that happening, so I assume McCall was spot on when he said that there are players that actually want to play for the Mighty Well.

30 Apr 2013 18:27:31

Stuart McCall to be named SPL manager of the year, thus attracting the interest of the bigger clubs in England, working with shoestring budgets (Which is probably tens times the amount he is working with at Motherwell by the way. He is likely to join Murphy at Sheffield United, and take Law, Randolph, and Humphrey with him. Watch this space

:whistling:

8633964_2943545.jpg

What's the position with Higginbottam? Haven't seen too much chat about him. I quite liked the look of him but no idea how the situation is with him at Huddersfield. Is his contract up there? or is there a chance of getting him on loan again next season? wouldn't mind having him on the squad.

I 'd be amazed if Law went to Sevco. He'll got offered similar if not better money down south and obviously has the ability to play at a high level. I can only envisage him entertaining Sevco if McCall is influencing him.

Delighted for Randolph, good move. Hope to see him in the Premiership soon. Fantastic servant.

All the best Randy, top player and top bloke.

Never thought I would say this but I must send my thanks to Craig Brown for persuading hime to come.

Must be loads of players around that are better than we could afford but look on the Well as an excelent place to go, get some regular football and get yourself into the shop window. Everybody wins. I'm sure it is something that McCall emphasises when persuading players to sign. Hopefully a few more gems to come.

I can only envisage him entertaining Sevco if McCall is influencing him.

Unfortunately I reckon this is exactly what's goin on! Law said as much in that report with the "I'm lucky to have Stuart McCall for advice on my next move" fuckin pish.

Randolph deserves a better team in my opinion but its a good move and hope to see him excell down there. Can't help but think we shot ourselves in the foot there tho. Celtic sign guys like Ki,Wanyama,Hooper etc for buttons,hype the fuck out them and sell for millions. Dumpdee Utd develop kids like Goodwillie,hype the fuck out them and sell for millions. We have the best keeper in Scotland and the most praise McCall ever gave him was "hes certainly capable of league 1 or maybe a championship team" we get fuck all in offers and he leaves for nowt. I guarantee he will be a top premiership keeper in 2-3 years!

It never fails to amaze me that fans are surprised when this sort of thing happens.

Whether you like it or not going to Rangers will be a good move for Nicky Law.

First of all he's getting paid a lot more, training at better facilities and playing in front of 10 times as many fans in a world class stadium, for an internationally renown club.

Even if he decides to move on from Rangers I absolutely guarantee you that he will get a better deal moving from Rangers to a Championship club than he would moving from Motherwell to a Championship club regardless of what division the two clubs are playing in.

If he doesn't move on, he'll sign a better contract than the one he's already going to be much wealthier with in the present.

Do you honestly think playing at St. Johnstone or Inverness in front of 3,000 people or playing in front of similar numbers at Alloa is off much consideration to Nicky Law?

Any move is risky for a player, this move is as cushy a move as anyone will ever get. Tons of cash, great facilities, big club, almost guaranteed first team football and a great springboard to either move up the levels or move on a club in England.

Anyone giving impartial advice to Nicky Law will be saying "sign as soon as you possible can".

I'm not sure Wallace, Black, Shiels or Tempelton would agree with most of what you have written. How good a move has it been for their careers? Any of them getting a move down south? Their bank balance may have gone up but they have deteriorated as players.

Anyone who signs for Sevco is doing so to the detriment of their career and it's certainly not a "springboard".

Unfortunately I reckon this is exactly what's goin on! Law said as much in that report with the "I'm lucky to have Stuart McCall for advice on my next move" fuckin pish.

Randolph deserves a better team in my opinion but its a good move and hope to see him excell down there. Can't help but think we shot ourselves in the foot there tho. Celtic sign guys like Ki,Wanyama,Hooper etc for buttons,hype the fuck out them and sell for millions. Dumpdee Utd develop kids like Goodwillie,hype the fuck out them and sell for millions. We have the best keeper in Scotland and the most praise McCall ever gave him was "hes certainly capable of league 1 or maybe a championship team" we get fuck all in offers and he leaves for nowt. I guarantee he will be a top premiership keeper in 2-3 years!

McCalls not even finished our best season in 20years and the pitch forks are out already. Fucksake! Im amazed you can take those opinions out of a few articles. Heres some facts that you can draw completley different opinions from

Law says he will be speaking to every club who has made him an offer next week.

McCall never fails to praise Randolph. Every week he goes on about top class saves from big daz, great pro, outstanding goal keeper.

McCall told all our out of contract boys to weigh up their next move on the value of regular games not just cash. Certainly sounds a bit like Law saying McCall is there for advice.

Even if and its a big if, McCall was to tell him to go to Ibrox, its not as if its Ibrox or us. Hes made it clear he wont be signing for us. He wont be playing against us either unless we get them in the cup.

• Like 6

Randolph deserves a better team in my opinion but its a good move and hope to see him excell down there.

Maybe its the only team that has given him a 'guarantee' of first team football. They have a good record and improving keepers and moving them on.