2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Much as it pains everybody on here you can see why Law might take up the offer from Rangers. If he is settled in the area he can probably quadruple his wages at the very least playing in an easier league & not have the upheaval of uprooting his family. Damn sure if any of us got that offer through work you'd snap the hands of the person offering it. Annoying for all us if it does happen but I can't understand the hatred against players moving to the OF. Pearson took loads of abuse but he moved to a club he loved, his wages jumped up to 8k p/w & he's ended up wi' a former Miss Scotland. All that for an ugly c*nt who would get his money back on the ghost train. Couldnae see that happening if he'd stayed at Fir Park.........

Nicky Law has been a great servant & a pleasure to watch at FP & that's all I care about.

Annoying for all us if it does happen but I can't understand the hatred against players moving to the OF. Pearson took loads of abuse but he moved to a club he loved, his wages jumped up to 8k p/w & he's ended up wi' a former Miss Scotland.

For the answer to your first sentence, see your second sentence...

I'm pretty relaxed about the quality of players we're going to be bringing in. We'd need to be very lucky to pick up similar quality or attributes that we've had at our disposal this season. Chances of a keeper as good as Randolph? Slim. Chances of a winger as quick as Humphrey to scare the life out of full backs? Negligible. I've accepted that it's likely we won't have as good a team next season.

My concern is more with getting the right characters in. With the possible exception of the Gannon era, since administration the spirit throughout the club seems to have been a major factor in our continued success. Fir Park seems to be a pleasant place to work, if you listen to any player here or when they leave. If we're going to have a less skilful side next season, this team spirit could be even more crucial. McCall, for me, not only has to try and get players who will work hard on the park but who will fit in as personalities...

• Like 2

1368567856[/url]' post='382721']

Much as it pains everybody on here you can see why Law might take up the offer from Rangers. If he is settled in the area he can probably quadruple his wages at the very least playing in an easier league & not have the upheaval of uprooting his family. Damn sure if any of us got that offer through work you'd snap the hands of the person offering it. Annoying for all us if it does happen but I can't understand the hatred against players moving to the OF. Pearson took loads of abuse but he moved to a club he loved, his wages jumped up to 8k p/w & he's ended up wi' a former Miss Scotland. All that for an ugly c*nt who would get his money back on the ghost train. Couldnae see that happening if he'd stayed at Fir Park.........

Nicky Law has been a great servant & a pleasure to watch at FP & that's all I care about.

She's got a new jockey... But, you're right - wouldn't have happened had he remained on the staff at our club.

I don't think Law being settled here would have any influence on him looking at the zombies. If it was as simple as that im sure he could get a move to Celtic & stay settled get his financial benefits but also get higher standard football & European games. I don't think McCall would be steering him to Ibrox but at the same time i don't see him doing anything to steer him away from there either. If at the end of the day Law asked McCall what it's like at Ibrox then McCall would answer, in all honesty, that he loved his time there.

Simple facts, you play 2nd Div opposition every week you turn into a 2nd Div player yourself, maybe a better than average 2nd Div player but you still aren't operating at maximum level so you slip back both in mindset and effort. Hard to pick yourself up from that again, to get back to your previous level. Nicky wid be mental to consider that with his current upward spiral of form. He needs to keep progressing, not take 2 steps backwards.

And anyone advising him to go down that path must have a vested interest, it's certainly not for the players benefit apart from his bank balance which can be matched by any of the clubs interested I'm quite sure.

• Like 1

A workmates who's a rangers fan reckons that rangers don't have a chance of signing Law. He says the club is in a mess top to bottom and that the players are split into 3 groups with arguments/ training ground fights regular occurrences.

He reckons that they will struggle to even sign Nicky Clark.

Aye I have heard from a few sources that they are very very close to admin again. Not sure if they will survive another season in Scotlands lower leagues.

As for Law signing for them. Its probably a good move financially, but a terrible move in the progression of his career.

I still think he has just spoke to them out of politeness. He is not daft and will know the risks of signing for them.

I always find its kind of stupid that we always let the players contracts run out then they leave for free and why we don't sell them before their contracts run out

It's a difficult 1 to be honest.

If we had cashed in on them & sold them would we have finished 2nd this season? I doubt it.

McCall has stated a few times that he can't believe we have had no offers for Randolph, I find that strange also.

Only offers we have had to my knowledge were for Ojamaa & Law.

Personally quite happy we held on to both of them as they've been instrumental in the success we've had this season.

Who's to say we won't get the right offer for Ojamaa this summer? I'm hoping not but wouldn't surprise me if it happened

We have the best keeper in Scotland and the most praise McCall ever gave him was "hes certainly capable of league 1 or maybe a championship team" we get fuck all in offers and he leaves for nowt.

Every week on the radio I hear McCall praising Randolph. If the media isn't making a headline out of it, then that's something to do with them, but I don't for a second believe it's because McCall doesn't praise him to them. They'd just rather gush about anyone in a green and white/blue jersey because it sells papers to the knuckle-draggers.

I kind of get the impression that if we had got an offer for Darren then he would have been off and that the club would have been happy with Hollis as back up.

I like Samson but I also hope that Hollis gets his chance with us.

Can't stand the Sun, but Easy Target's link in the shoutbox (Clicky) has a lot of good quotes from McCall about the interest in Samson and Lawson, and he touches on Hollis' situation:

But I also feel whoever is coming in has to be willing to battle with Lee Hollis because Lee could be a really good No1 as well.

Also, some great quotes from Humphrey there, too. Sounds like he's seriously considering staying as an option.

I think the fact, as has been touched on that we're getting someone like Samson in could be really good for Motherwell. Unless you have a player who is so far ahead of anyone else in a position (ala Randolph) then comeptition can make a person playing a position perform above average to very good more often (what a Smason v Hollis and/or another will do).

As for Law, if some of the the rumours are true, moving to Rangers could be a disaster financially. Also what happened to his move down south all signed and sealed that was being spouted on here a few months ago?

In other news McCall moved to favourite at some bookies for Sheffield United position.

If we had cashed in on them & sold them would we have finished 2nd this season? I doubt it.

McCall has stated a few times that he can't believe we have had no offers for Randolph, I find that strange also.

Unfortunately, the stark reality these days is that most clubs who are in the market for the same standard of player as us just can't really afford to pay cash for anyone they can pick up for free at the end of the season.

I always find its kind of stupid that we always let the players contracts run out then they leave for free and why we don't sell them before their contracts run out

The laws of supply and demand dictate that this isn't always possible. We can't sell players to clubs that don't want to buy them.

The laws of supply and demand dictate that this isn't always possible. We can't sell players to clubs that don't want to buy them.

Exactly. There are exceptions, but these days (especially at our level) there are plenty of available players out there looking for clubs - so a Board usually has plenty of options and can afford to wait to see.

Look at the quality of guys we have brought in on frees (from Randolph and Ojamaa to Law and McFadden) and you can see why there isn't a mad rush to pay hard cash these days.