2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

Interesting to note Lawson's comment that Stuart McCall is "probably the main reason why I joined". Could just be the usual spin of course, but hopefully a good sign that what McCall's been saying to players in private is no different to what he's been saying in public -- that he has no intention of going anywhere anytime soon.

Read somewhere that little Higgy is being transfer listed by Huddersfield so suspect a fee woudl be involved and that's not our style

Can we not just do what we did with Jim O'Brien and keep saying 'please' until they give in?

Surprised Kerr been offered a deal as well, seemed pretty much out in the cold until Sunday.

As a young player I wouldn't want to write him off on the relatively little we saw this season but he doesn't inspire confidence.

Delighted Daley is gone but disappointed Kerr is getting an offer, he's looked shite.

With higginbotham, was Grayson not the boss at Huddersfield when he joined? Maybe Mark Robins wants a look at him during pre-season before making a call on him, could still be a chance of it happening if so.

I think Fraser Kerr get's a bit of hard time to be honest.

Kerr was brilliant in his first two starts against St.Mirren and ICT at Fir Park, looked really promising. He kept his place in the side and was fairly decent but then had a poor game at Ibrox(although he wasn't exactly alone) and then had an absolute shitemare in the 0-4 pumping from Hibs and he was dropped for a few months and that seems to be the game he's remembered for. However he did come back in and have several good games against Aberdeen on Boxing day and in the defeat at Celtic Park.

He's only started 12 games and has had some good games as well which people seem to forget as well as some shit ones. I don't think he turned out as good as some of us had hoped for after his 1st few appearances but I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as some make out. In truth he's probably somewhere in between.

He's young, he's cheap, he's versatile and he's got good attributes such as pace, height, strength, good engine etc. He can look a bit like Bambi on Ice at times when he has the ball at his feet but I certainly think he's worth a punt.

• Like 1

Not sure about Kerr. Reckon Saunders looked better.

Yeah. Unless Saunders' legs are literally falling off, I can't really understand the logic of keeping Kerr and punting Saunders.

Kerr is a bit of a unit and has pace,(I've said this about a hundred times now) but Gunning was miles ahead of where Kerr was at the same age.

That said, he's a young guy, so he should grow into his position as a centre half, a regular run of games and first team football will almost certainly improve his level massively, so yeah, go on then.

Yeah. Unless Saunders' legs are literally falling off, I can't really understand the logic of keeping Kerr and punting Saunders.

Kerr is a bit of a unit and has pace,(I've said this about a hundred times now) but Gunning was miles ahead of where Kerr was at the same age.

That said, he's a young guy, so he should grow into his position as a centre half, a regular run of games and first team football will almost certainly improve his level massively, so yeah, go on then.

You will probably find Kerr is the cheaper option.

Faddy is essential to us. I think the directors probably are dipping into their pockets.

Why would they need to?

I presumed the reason for that this season was as there was no budget left when it became a possibility.

Now they have Law, Randolph, higginbotham/murphy, daly and possibly several other wages freed up.

Saunders hasn't proven to be reliable and the club can't afford to pay someone wages/medical costs if his injuries come back again + he is perhaps not the same player.. injuries have lasting effects , kerr has had some really good games and some not so good, reminds me a bit like hutch until he got a run in the team and built up a partnership with the rest of the back 4

Would Love to see us keep Faddy,Kerr,Humphrey & Higdon. Obv wouldn't want to lose hateley either but of those he will be easier/cheaper to replace.

Lawson will be a good signing. We still need a Law type playmaker to add into the middle as well but with Las (who will be 35 this year and looks past it a good amount of the time) Carswell + Lawson were not looking too bad.

it was reported on football 365 we were in talks with Alex cisak. Don't know how accurate that is though.

Michael McGovern is at falkirk, not sure where the scoop is on that either. I know his sister, might give her a shout to see what his plans are!

From BBC earlier this month.......

Oldham released Dean Bouzanis at the end of the 2012-13 season despite being the first-choice goalkeeper for the club for the majority of the season,..................................................................... while discussions are ongoing with Alex Cisak

Why would they need to?

I presumed the reason for that this season was as there was no budget left when it became a possibility.

Now they have Law, Randolph, higginbotham/murphy, daly and possibly several other wages freed up.

if the budget is being cut then that takes care of 'freed wages', at least some of it