2013 - 2014 Ins & Outs

Mad Dog

I don't see what all the fuss is about over Law, In footballing terms he is never going to get a chance at a big club, SPL, Mid table championship or League 1 in England is his level, its not as if he was another potential Lionel messi FFS. If Sevco are offering him a deal where he earns 2 or 3 times what he is on just now for playing in an easier league etc then its a no brainer.

All this shite about no ambition etc is pish it only applies to the elite of the game the Beckhams, Messi's Ronaldo's etc for whom money is not a worry and they will look to win titles, cups etc. The other 99.999 % footballers are doing a job like anybody else, and as its a relatively short working career in respect to other professions they will try to get the best paying job they can, so Law is only doing the best for himself and his family so good luck to him.:nod:

This.

Nobody cares that he's moved on, it was inevitable; it's who he has moved on to that's a kick in the c**t. It'll be gutting to watch a fans favourite and one of our best players over the past 2 years play for a team that we despise.

• Like 1

I'm actually quite shocked by this and I thought he was a shoe in for a championship team.

It seems I am rather naive.

The average wage in Scotland is around £26,000

or £1, 700 per month after tax

Now if I asked you to leave your job to work in the same industry at a level that would be a complete breeze for £6, 800 (around 4x increase) would you seriously knock it back for the sake of your career?

GazzyB sums it mostly, although I do not despise Rangers. I do find it funny though that they continue to require to sign "named" players to compete in Divison 2! I was a Rangers youngster I would be asking serious questions.

Also, I wish people would stop with this a footballers career is a short one, as it can, possibly go from the age of 16 to well over the National Retirement Age (see Alex Ferguson). It's a crock of shit!

All this talk that if he'd moved to the likes of Sheffield United or Huddersfield that he wouldn't have gone any higher. As it is just now he'll be playing SFL football for 2 years but down south all it takes is one decent season and a fairly average Championship team can find themselves in the Premier League eg. Burnley, Blackpool, Hull, Stoke.

All this talk that if he'd moved to the likes of Sheffield United or Huddersfield that he wouldn't have gone any higher. As it is just now he'll be playing SFL football for 2 years but down south all it takes is one decent season and a fairly average Championship team can find themselves in the Premier League eg. Burnley, Blackpool, Hull, Stoke.

At which point, they'd replace him by spending £4m on a Bosnian/Polish/Portuguese midfielder and he'd be sold to another midlevel Championship club..

Now if I asked you to leave your job to work in the same industry at a level that would be a complete breeze for £6, 800 (around 4x increase) would you seriously knock it back for the sake of your career?

If it came with the associated grief of being an Old Firm player in the fishbowl of the west of Scotland meeja, and meant I was practically guaranteed to achieve nothing of interest for the next three years -- 15% or more of my professional career? It certainly doesn't strike me as massively appealing.

• Like 1

The average wage in Scotland is around £26,000

or £1, 700 per month after tax

In those terms it's a no brainer because you're comparing football with other every day industries which I don't think you could do.

If I was a footballer I would look at the level I am going to be playing at before I decide on a move. Now I a making the assumption here that he was offered a contract with a championship team.

I would want to develop as a player so I would have moved to the championship where I would most likely be on at least 6.8k a week. I would have faith in my ability and that I would improve down there and that I would get noticed by Premiership clubs and when I moved I would be on at least 15. He will not develop as a player playing against plumbers and painters.

if he's not playing for us or a team we are competing against it doesn't really matter who he is with.

He'll have been offered a great wage and mccall will have done his buddy mccoist another favour filling his favourite player's head with how great it is to play at ibrox. Expect humph and hateley to join him.

:lol: Flagrant post thieving!

:lol:

Hadn't looked at P & B yet, when I heard the news this morning here was naturally my first port of call.

In fairness I did say much the same thing a few days ago on here, I saw the Partridge gif the other day and it does perfectly sum up my feelings on today's events.

If it came with the associated grief of being an Old Firm player in the fishbowl of the west of Scotland meeja, and meant I was practically guaranteed to achieve nothing of interest for the next three years -- 15% or more of my professional career? It certainly doesn't strike me as massively appealing.

Add in that there could be a court battle over who owns the stadium and training complex, there's a dirty tricks campaign in the boardroom in progress, there could be administration on the horizon etc etc and it's even less appealing.

Add in that there could be a court battle over who owns the stadium and training complex, there's a dirty tricks campaign in the boardroom in progress, there could be administration on the horizon etc etc and it's even less appealing.

Still no accounts published for Newco either? 1 Million a month spewing out the club, no assets and 3 separate companies holding anything they do own? I fully expect Nicky to be unemployed by the turn of the year.

:lol:

Hadn't looked at P & B yet, when I heard the news this morning here was naturally my first port of call.

In fairness I did say much the same thing a few days ago on here, I saw the Partridge gif the other day and it does perfectly sum up my feelings on today's events.

Suuuuure. :whistling::lol:

Great minds and such!